Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 51 of 70 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 69 70
R
R
Originally Posted By: Steve McQueen

Now on being a cat toy. Robs a cat toy. lmao. I enjoy being a cat toy too. Watch kittens play. Happy, care-free, nothings tying them down, climbing the curtains, chasing balls or a feather, attracting other cats. As soon as one is having a good time, they all seem to wake up from under the sunlight blasting through the window, and frolic. And all it took was having a good time. People are the same way.

Maybe I should change my name to cat toy "X"?
I still haven't decided if I'm the drug free version cat toy or the "dangerous" one loaded with cat nip ;-)

Either, I will not be "chasing balls" anytime soon, thank you very much Mr.McQueen!

T
tbart01 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I did not initiate this R talk, she did. I have been positive and happy and then she threw the curve ball at me.

I tried to call an attorney today, which she doesn't feel we need because she thinks we'll mutually agree on all of this. There's like 9 million D attorney's in the phone book, and the first on I call can't talk to me because she already has.

When we spoke on the phone I asked her who else she contacted so I knew who to avoid. She told me to sit back and think about this before I do anything. She says I'm just angry and hurt and I don't need to do something unnecessary. WOW!

She said we can work this out. I asked her what she meant that we could work out, the D conditions or the M? She said both, she said she wanted to try and repair the M, but wanted to keep the D proceedings in place just in case we can't reconcile.

She said all she's asked for is time and consistency and she doesn't feel we can do that physically living together. I agree 100%, but I told her I never asked her to come home. She made the decision to come back based on the kids. Now she's going to leave them again.

This woman is confusing the crap out of me, and I don't know how much of this I can handle. I'm beginning to sway to the side of undecided.

Married 18
Me 39
W 37
D 15
D 5
Divorce Filed 8 April 2010
Beginning of Reconcile 8 Sept
S
S
chasing mice.

but i havent seen a mouse in my house, so it didnt cross my mind...
maybe the cat is eating them in the middle of the night,

cat toy! http://www.gallery-of-art-galleries.com/Dream%20of%20Picasso%27s%20Cat.htm

"Pablo Picasso was never called an ahole"

R
R
that pic is f_cked up!

Quote:
I did not initiate this R talk, she did. I have been positive and happy and then she threw the curve ball at me.

I tried to call an attorney today, which she doesn't feel we need because she thinks we'll mutually agree on all of this. There's like 9 million D attorney's in the phone book, and the first on I call can't talk to me because she already has.

When we spoke on the phone I asked her who else she contacted so I knew who to avoid. She told me to sit back and think about this before I do anything. She says I'm just angry and hurt and I don't need to do something unnecessary. WOW!

She said we can work this out. I asked her what she meant that we could work out, the D conditions or the M? She said both, she said she wanted to try and repair the M, but wanted to keep the D proceedings in place just in case we can't reconcile.

She said all she's asked for is time and consistency and she doesn't feel we can do that physically living together. I agree 100%, but I told her I never asked her to come home. She made the decision to come back based on the kids. Now she's going to leave them again.

This woman is confusing the crap out of me, and I don't know how much of this I can handle. I'm beginning to sway to the side of undecided.

R
R
that pic is f_cked up!

Quote:

She's getting prepared for a divorce and taking care of herself but she feels that you don't need to take care of yourself. Maybe she should have sat back and thought about this before she did anything because it only makes sense for you to talk to a lawyer if she has done so already, considering that she's filed for divorce, I would think it would be a necessity at this point.

Quote:

Actions speak louder than words.
There is nothing wrong with you being honest, it's hard to trust her considering the legal action she has taken, someone who wants to work on their marriage, doesn't file for divorce first. They file for divorce after attempting to work on the marriage and failing. She's putting the cart before the horse and it doesn't make sense so don't feel bad that she's confusing you. Tell her, "wife, you are confusing me with your actions, you said that you want to work on repairing the marriage but you have filed for divorce already, this does not make sense to me or anyone else I've spoken to. If you want to work on the marriage, put the divorce on hold, there is no stopping you from speaking to your lawyer and getting him to stop what you've done so far. That would convince me that you are serious about working on the marriage otherwise all I can assume is that you are serious about getting a divorce because that is the action you have taken and shown and if that's what you want, I'll respect your wishes and won't stop you from filing and moving on with your life and I'll do the same at my end."

Quote:

Time and consistency are things that you BOTH need, not just her, please remember that. Consistency like coming home and then leaving again and then wanting to come home again another time possibly. Respect her wishes to not live at the home, tell her you don't want her to be somewhere she doesn't want to be. As for the lawyer, you just want to protect your interests and prepare for a possible divorce. If a divorce has been filed, you will be served with papers eventually, you will need a lawyer to read the papers and know what to expect. This is the fair and responsible thing to do for you and also for your children.

Her actions thus far don't inspire any trust.
When the onus of responsibility is on you for every action and effort in repairing this marriage, you will fail eventually and not because everything is your fault, just because that is a lot of responsibility for one person to shoulder on their own. Every move you make is being scrutinized by your wife, you're under the microscope, did you do this ok today? how about tomorrow? and what happens dare you screw up and possibly fart in her general direction? It's not a good life walking on eggshells around a spouse that is determined to leave you and making sure you are perfect - no one is perfect. You accept that she is not perfect and she should accept that you are not perfect, there is always room for improvement from everyone, including your wife. I just notice that she is dictating every move and every outcome currently in your situation, feeling powerless to do anything will make you frustrated, scared, cornered, unprotected, etc. In that environment even when you do the right thing you will do the wrong thing if you understand what I mean.

This won't be fun.

What changes have you requested her to make?
You're allowed to ask.
Don't be afraid.
I'm sure she has mentioned what you have done wrong and where you have failed in your relationship together. Have you asked her what changes she will be working on?

Last edited by robx; 05/17/10 05:46 PM.
S
S
Well you could always make her choose:

1 Either work on repairing the marriage.

2.Go through with the divorce.

Her crap makes no sense. It's kind of like - Look I know I'm dating this other guy. But I want to repair our marriage. I'm going to keep dating this other guy just in case it doesn't work out between us. WTF??

I say F that. Stand up. Make her choose. How the hell are you going to work on a M while you're going through a D? I mean come on.

Either she's playing you because she thinks she has to somehow soothe you as she goes through this divorce, or she really has something loose inside her head. The first feeling I get is the day my W told me she didn't want to do this anymore.

She said she saw a lawyer and she wants to get legally separated. Then she added - it doesn't mean we're going to get divorced. My L said a lot of people get back together.

Our MC looked at her and said - don't jerk his chain. If you want to leave this marriage be straight up about it. Don't play him as if it's something else. At that point my W said, I don't want to be married to you anymore.

As scary as it is in your position, with what I know now, I would make her choose. Tell her you have enough self respect not to play what you think is a game.

Maybe others will chime in here.

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
S
S
By the way - GET AN ATTORNEY.

My W wanted to take me to the cleaners and I almost did it - until I saw a lawyer. Then it all changed.

tbart, if you don't need a L, why does she have one?

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
R
R
Originally Posted By: steady
By the way - GET AN ATTORNEY.

My W wanted to take me to the cleaners and I almost did it - until I saw a lawyer. Then it all changed.

tbart, if you don't need a L, why does she have one?

I was asking myself the same question.

T
tbart01 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I went and spoke to an attorney today. he pulled up the file and she isn't asking for anything other than joint custody and child support, so no surprises.

He's inexpensive as long as we keep this uncontested which I believe we can if we go through with this.

Last night we were talking about custody options. I had asked about selling the house sometime during our conversation. She said no because what if two months from now we decide to get back together? If that happens we need our home for all of us to live in. When I asked about the 2 months, she said it was just a number she threw out. It could be less, it could be more.

I can't wait until we physically S again, because I'm tired of talking about this. Once we S, she will get her time and space she's been asking for. This will give me a chance to GAL, and for her to decide what she wants to do.

She said if should decide to date or have sex with someone else to please not tell her. I'm not sure where that came from, but I let her know my plan was to wait until we have made a decision before that would occur.

Married 18
Me 39
W 37
D 15
D 5
T
tbart01 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
A positive step in the right direction. She handed me a copy of the D papers because I still haven't been served.

I told her that me and my attorney had already obtained a copy and seen it. I told her we had three options to go from here.

One is to proceed with what she filed. Two is to drop the D all together, and three is to keep the D filed but drop the custody hearing from the docket until we decide for sure we're going to get a D.

To my amazement she agreed to drop the custody and child support hearing from the docket. She will give us a certain number of months to see what we can do.

We plan to physically separate with me going to the rental 4 days and her 3, the following week we'll go 3for me and 4 for her. That way it gives us a chance to have the weekend for ourselves every other week. I get to pick up my D4 from daycare everyday, so I 'll get to see my girls daily. If it doesn't become too uncomfortable, I can even wait until D4 goes to bed before I leave.

She also plans to schedule a date night once a week minimum for us to get to know each other again. After an undetermined amount of time we'll see how things have or haven't progressed and go from there.

This is all I could have asked for at this point. Us not physically living under the same roof should alleviate the tension and allow us to focus on other things.

Married 18
Me 39
W 37
D 15
D 5
Page 51 of 70 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 69 70

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard