Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 62 of 101 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 100 101
W
W
I know in my church this subject came up for whatever reason and our Pastor said that when individuals want to take leadership positions but are known to be carrying on in sinful ways he sits down and tells them they can't have that position and they need to be willing to change whatever the behaviour is. He says sometimes it goes well but at other times the individual chooses to leave the church. It doesn't happen often he said, but it does happen. So I think committing adultery with no remorse might fit such a category!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
H
OP Offline
H
yes, one would think so. especially since I had a rather visible spot at various church functions.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
W
W
That's why churches should always keep a blow up doll on hand, just to fill in those empty visible spots at functions. It sure beats dealing with the issue, doesn't it! Besides, it's the meek that shall inherit the earth anyway, right? crazy

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
H
OP Offline
H
ah, if only I had had this advice while I was still working in the parish!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
N
N
hm... how is the new job going?

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
H
OP Offline
H
thanks for asking...

mostly I'm reading manuals and trying to absorb what seems like a million unrelated facts. no one expects me to be up to speed for 6-8 months--and that's probably pretty accurate. big learning curve here.

and found out today that our Principal Investigator--the physician overseeing the studies--is leaving in 10 weeks!! I have no idea of the implications of all this; unlikely that we'll all be shifted around, at least not in the next year, but there's no obvious replacement for him, and no one is sure if they'll re-hire his position, or when. nice guy, easy to work with--I hate to see him go. but beyond that, no idea what this will all entail.

Texas professor hottie is coming to visit in a week or so. I vascillate between excitement and abject panic! turns out he won't be here for D14's graduation after all, so that whole quandary is moot.

and tomorrow is the 2nd anniversary of the bomb. how far I've come since then. thinking back, it's a sick feeling, almost makes me nauseated remembering how it felt, how terrifying it all was. but I am much more whole and solid now than I ever was with xH; sometimes lonely, but not for him, just lonely.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
G
G
hm,
Originally Posted By: hoosiermama
Texas professor hottie is coming to visit in a week or so. I vascillate between excitement and abject panic!
Lucky girl! And good he won't be there for D's grad
...sometimes lonely, but not for him, just lonely.
I hear ya. I just realized I'm there now myself and didn't realize it for a while. I think it's great. Lotta unmet needs. But don't need or want X to get them met. They'll get met. Eventually by someone new.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

P
P

and tomorrow is the 2nd anniversary of the bomb. how far I've come since then. thinking back, it's a sick feeling, almost makes me nauseated remembering how it felt, how terrifying it all was. but I am much more whole and solid now than I ever was with xH; sometimes lonely, but not for him, just lonely.

Wow, Hoozh, I had forgotten that we shared almost exactly the same dates (just one year apart). I HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR NOW. When I go back and re-read my old journal, I just get sick to my stomach -- and angry.

Here I am, feeling sorry for myself today and going off about my own triggers, and I had forgotten these were your tough calendar days as well. Mea culpa for my DAM-ness!!

Puppy

G
G
Yo, Pup,
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
When I go back and re-read my old journal, I just get sick to my stomach -- and angry.Puppy
Stop reading it.
Burn it, maybe. Read it? No.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Gardener
hm,
Texas professor hottie is coming to visit in a week or so. I vascillate between excitement and abject panic!
Lucky girl! And good he won't be there for D's grad
...sometimes lonely, but not for him, just lonely.
I hear ya. I just realized I'm there now myself and didn't realize it for a while. I think it's great. Lotta unmet needs. But don't need or want X to get them met. They'll get met. Eventually by someone new.

yeah, I was on the fence about the whole coming to graduation thing--thought I'd just let it play out and see what happened. as expected, it became highly inconvenient/impossible, so the decision was made by someone with more wisdom than us!

and not to sound trite, but I will consider myself on the next level when I can meet my own needs without "needing" someone else. wanting is okay, needing not so much ok. and I'm pretty close.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
Page 62 of 101 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard