Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I
I
Quote:
This is a very loving, supportive, interesting and caring group of people here. The common goal is to save marriages.

Amen!

It is us newcomers here who are too afraid to put into action the advice that is given. Counter-intuitive is different than counter-productive.

If I would have listened to the usual vets who seem to greet most of the newbies when I first got here, I would be in a much better place right now. I guarantee it!

I would personally like to thank those who have given me their valuable time, rehashing the same points that they have told countless other people. It is all there for me and others to read. But people on here really do care. They will go over it personally with you, smack you with a 2x4 when needed, but make sure you get the personal attention that you need when you are at the lowest point in your life. Coach himself was on my thread most of yesterday spelling things out for me that he and others had told me before. I was very down and he knew it and came and helped. Many others here do the very same thing. I could list you all by name, but you know who you are. Thank you all so much!!!

It is up to each and every one of us to put fear aside and follow these wise and caring people. That, or wallow in our self pity until it destroys us. And sooner or later, it will.

Me-43
W-36
TS-10
D-7
S-4
M-11
Rings off-8/16/2010

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1933641#Post1933641
M
M
Boy, did I need this today. Been feeling a bit down today. Thanks Coach for the inspiration. I realized that I need to do the things you wrote about like letting go, GAL and no pursuing.

LOL..."runback spouse"

M 38
WAW 36
Together 19 years
Married 12 years
Bomb/Separated Oct. 09
I love my wife
Sitch
D
D
my updated sitch is in the separated forum.

i don't want to go off topic here so i won't go into detail about how i feel the advice was to pit me against WAH.

i have to say that the advice here does help me.
i do listen to the vets and i am use their advice to gauge my own sitch. i apply what i feel may work.
so far, i have been okay.

when i encounter a new roadblock and i don't know how to approach it, then i come back for more advice.

so far, i haven't received much attention and thus i start to panic and veer off my path.

it is threads like these that put me back on track.
thanks vets.

J
J
MIL,
I found it best to read as many threads as possible and glean from them what I found to be the best...

At times, there are people who give out some off advice..(not referring specifically to your sitch, haven't read yours yet)

M38, H37
S3, S7
Together 15 yrs
Married 8 yrs
Bomb July 2008
Inhouse separation
"I hate you" "We are over" (too many times to count)
Reconciled Sept 2009 (still worth it)
R
R

Some things that work go completely against logic. At least until you can get outside your box.

Rejecting your spouse makes them pursue you. We see it here all the time. We are the rejected ones.

If I want one of my kids to snuggle with me, I start pushing them away. They cling tight to me.

On the other hand, if I am ready to be alone, I hold them tight, kinda let them escape, then say "COME BACK HERE!" and they run away......

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
J
J
When I have time I would like to compile all the books recommended on the Suggested Books thread. I personally love to read and learn that way too.

Just tight on time, but if anyone else wants to compile a nice list...

I think I will have to tackle it in stages, bit by bit. Copy it all into Word and at least have a list, then eventually divided by subjects...

M38, H37
S3, S7
Together 15 yrs
Married 8 yrs
Bomb July 2008
Inhouse separation
"I hate you" "We are over" (too many times to count)
Reconciled Sept 2009 (still worth it)
F
F
Excellent and timely post Coach - thank you.

I cannot complain for not receiving from others, that which I've never asked them for.
G
G
Use whatever terms you feel comfortable with, but "rejecting" your WAS and "detaching from" you WAS are two different things.

Glimmerman
B
B
A few questions:

1) On agreeing...my IC who is also our MC said that sometimes this works, and sometimes this just gives the WAS the impression THAT YOU ACTUALLY DO AGREE AND WANT THEM TO GO even if this is not what you feel.

2) I know that coach has very good advice, but I"ve often wondered - does that particular advice work best for a LBS who is a man? I'm thinking the dynamics may be different for a woman.

THank you...

Me: 42
Him: 43

Two divorcees in a relationship
P
P
I like your Q. 2, Hope4Luv.

Have often wondered the same thing these past months of DBing...

Would love others to weigh in on this!

Me 36; H 40
baby born in May
M:13, T:15
Bomb (OW): Dec 09
began DBing: Feb
WH overseas with OW
old: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2027369#Post2027369
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard