Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
W
OP Offline
W
Quote:
Are you positive this isn't anger?

Yes, because when I see her I feel no anger. No anger at all. I feel....sorry for her. If she had valid issues with me she should have be adult enough to tell me when we were still together. If I could go to her and tell her my problems and she knew that she could come to me at anytime and tell me she had a problem but didn't take it that is her problem to change not mine. Was I in a funk? Yes I was, and again it doesn't allow for someone to cheat on me. I've looked at myself, I see what I did. And I am taking care of that. and not for her not any more. I have no want to work things out with her any more.

I like all this empty space because i can now type out things that are important.

Like:
D7 S2 starting swimming lessons on 3/30

"Readily will I display the intestinal fortidue required to fight on..."
E
E
Wild

Dude - I'm not gonna tell you what to do. The only thing I can say to you is to make SURE that any anger and PRIDE is not getting in the way of your thought process. I know it did with me. I thought I was done, thought I was not angry and then BAM - it hits. It hits hard. Once you start down this path it is very hard to turn back. My suggestion is take the gift of time that you have. Filing does not "release" you...YOU release you. Go enjoy your life, let her do what she thinks she needs to do. When the time is right for YOU you will know what you need to do. Your kids will look at you and know that you stood like the man you are. Just my take buddy. Either way you go - just make sure that you are happy.

God Bless,
Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
W
OP Offline
W
Eric, I can tell you that giving up has never been something I do or take lightly. I'm an ex army ranger man, it is in my blood to fight until I cannot any more. But I can also see a lost cause. I have no pride in this situation how can I? I have a little anger, but it isn't so much that I am letting it control my decisions. I know that what I have done is all that I can do. Her LL is quality time. How in Gods name do I fullfil that while detaching? How can I ever be happy while all I would be doing is wasting time and money on her? I know that filing will not release me, i have two children with her. I'm stuck with her for life. But I know that I wont be happy with her. I know this. I see it Bro. I know you don't want me to give up and I'm not giving up because if I was I would just effing kill myself. I'm moving on....will it hurt? yeah, but not as much as wasting time on her. I'm moving on, for myself, not to bring her back becaus that I all I wanted before that is all I did. My kids will see me being happy! And goofy like I used to be. I know they are going to wonder especially my son he is going to ask questions and wonder why her and I arent togther and I'll be able to look him in his eyes and tell him the truth with out a faultering voice. I just know that I will not be able to take her back when she isn't willing to change and never will be. I wish it was going down another way but I cannot keep going on like this.

I like all this empty space because i can now type out things that are important.

Like:

W
OP Offline
W
Let me ask you all something. What is cheating to you? Is it sleeping with someone? Kissing them? Going out on a date? Giving your heart to them? I guess my definition is just old fashioned because I would say you cheat by thought word and deed.

Like:

F
F
Hi Wild, just checking in to see how you're doing. Don't have a lot of time at the moment but wanted to say hello and that I'm thinking of you.

Last edited by prairiegirl; 04/26/10 05:47 PM.

I cannot complain for not receiving from others, that which I've never asked them for.
W
OP Offline
W
PG, I'm doing good. My W and I talked today. Im at the end of my rope, I see that she really doesn't want to come back and I have to let her go, completely. Divorce is the only way I'll be able to move on and I cannot just stay seperated. I have no desire to hold on to something that has no want to be with me. It sucks, it will hurt but ultimately I know I'll be better off than than trying to hold on to her. I just feel as though she is running away from something and has been since before we met and I have to let her. I have to let her for my own good.

Like:

E
E
Wild

Only you know what is best for you and your family so I respect any choice that you make. One question - if after you filed and found the closure that you needed would you ever take her back if she showed signs of change. Would you ever ask yourself "what if I hung on for just a little longer"? Just wondering dude. I am not advocating that u stick this out. Just make sure that you are REALLY comfortable with your choices. If you are then please take a vacation smile enjoy your kids and go live life to the fullest. You deserve it.

Eric

W
OP Offline
W
Really don't have a whole lot to say today. I'm doing good. Not a whole lot is going on. W still wants a divorce, and I am not really against it. I will be 100% sure that I want to do this before I go and do it.

Like:

F
F
Hi Wild, thinking good thoughts for you today. Glad to hear your doing ok, and that you're going to make sure of your feelings before you take any action to file.

I cannot complain for not receiving from others, that which I've never asked them for.
E
E
Wild -

Good place to be dude...sit tight...work on your healing..take a break from this sh*t and then figure out what you need to do. Get off the emotional rollercoaster for a while and just sit back and enjoy your kids man. Life will lead you in the direction that you need to go. Remember you don't have to try and control everything.

God Bless,
Eric

Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard