Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
G
OP,

I can't thank you enough for all of your help. You are such a great person, you go out of your way to help others. I'm confused though as far as telling your S that they are going through menopause. The book that you were talking about does contradict what is said here. Telling them that you are there for them, that you love and understand.

See, this is where I get confused on my sitch. I got told not to tell H that I love and miss him because it seems needy. Also not to have contact anymore unless he contacts me. What do you suggest?

M 41
H 35
D 12
S 18
Separated 11/08
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Went to see Dad last night he is still making some small improvements. We see a cycle 3 or 4 bad days but then the good days he is a little better than before. Yesterday he remembered that it was Thursday and recycling day. W and I head off to Dartmouth tonight to visit S22 so he can decide where to spend the next 6 years for his PHD.

Me-70, D37,S36
S
S
Glad to hear that your father is still improving.

Have a great trip to see your son! Congrats!

L
L
Hey OP...Find me on the ALT...I am on Eric's page....a in orange on a cliff

"Be the changes you want to see in the world"
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Took my father and his W to the city yesterday to see his doctor. He has not been progressing in the last 2 weeks. He has been sleeping a lot and seems to be a little more depressed and maybe even paranoid. These are all side effects from the medication and the syndrome he has. The doctor upped his medication by 25% and in two weeks it will go up another 33%. If by then there are no marked improvements then they will lower the dosage and take him off this medication to try a new one.

We will see him again tomorrow as we are going to West Point to see Frankie Avalon and Fabian.

Me-70, D37,S36
job Offline
OP,
I'm sorry to read that progress for your father has stalled. Sometimes this happens and when the medication is upped, he will begin to progress again. At least, I am praying that this will be the case for your father.

I use to love Frankie Avalon and Fabian (in my younger days). I do hope you enjoy the show! Let us know how it is.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
I use to love Frankie Avalon and Fabian (in my younger days). I do hope you enjoy the show! Let us know how it is.
The show was good. Lou Christie was there to take the place of Bobby Rydell who has a shoulder injury.

In the band Frankie Avalon's son is the drummer and one of the guitar players was the son of the Everly brothers so they did some tunes from the Everly brothers which was really good.

Fabian did a lot of talking not enough singing and he has definitely aged.

Me-70, D37,S36
job Offline
Thanks for sharing about the show. I'm sorry Bobby wasn't there and good grief...Fabian probably can't carry the notes like he use to and now has to talk!

I hope that you and the Mrs. enjoyed the show...that's all that matters!

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Yes we did enjoy the show.

Update on my dad. I got a call from his wife yesterday while I was at work. She was trying to move him in the bedroom and they fell down. Luckily no one was hurt but I had to rush over to their house to help her lift him up. I think she was more upset than anything. He was just laying on the floor when I got there.

The increase in medicine does not seem to be giving much improvement. Not going down hill, but not getting better. Next Friday he goes to 4 - 250mg pills a day from 3. In 2 weeks we go back to the doctor.

Me-70, D37,S36
job Offline
OMG! That had to been awful for the both of them....falling down. Thank goodness they are both okay. Thank goodness you are close enough to go over and assist. Your poor father! Maybe the medication isn't showing any improvement, but it does sound like he's staying stable, i.e., not going up or down at the moment. Let's hope and pray the increase will help him.

I continue to pray for him.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard