Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
D
D
As a newbie, I appreciate all that everyone can offer me by way of guidance, whether it be by 2x4 or encouragement (and the silence when I'm fixating on H speaks volumes to me... LOL). I seriously felt more lost than what my H must be feeling now when I first came here. And this site quickly pointed me in the right direction of what to do for ME in all this MLC mess...

For that, whatever the outcome of my R with H, I will be eternally grateful. Because I've come to realize that time without ME completely in tune with myself, is time I don't want to waste any more.

Last edited by DiamondGirl; 03/11/10 07:36 PM. Reason: oops

~ This Diamond now SHINES!! ;-p ~

My Sitch in MLC - http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=45253&Number=1901148#
S
S
Wow. I missed a lot today.

Anyhoo, one day until spring break.

At school today I had.

one new kid who ran away this morning before I got here (they're 10) Yes I found him!

one crying b/c her mom and dad split up, mom is angry and made her sleep on the floor last night

one throwing down "poppers" going to the bus and causing a near riot

two different busses with brawls on them at the end of the day

one unmedicated schizophrenic (so they say),

one who left early to go to his mandatory anger management counseling (I don't even wanna know why that was mandated before he got to me)

one clique of "mean girls" telling another that they weren't her friend anymore because she's friends with another girl who "stinks"
and a partridge in a pear tree!!!!!

Come on spring break. grin I am ready for ya!

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."
Robert Collier

"One's best success often comes after their greatest disappointments."
Henry Ward Beecher

me 33, s 9, d 4
S
S
I vote to shoot the pear stealing partridge.

S
S
I'm thinking after today I may need to go to work tomorrow in camo and riot gear.... and doesn't sound like a bad idea Kerry. I prefer pink camo though to green.

Robert Collier

Henry Ward Beecher

me 33, s 9, d 4
F
F
I love public school

at least all my thugs form bonds with me so they protect me from the rival thugs

H
H
SoCo--I think we work at the same school!!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
B
B
I had thought we had all grown and matured and graduated from High School years ago.

I thought we had all received enough drama from our WAS when they dropped the bomb.

I thought this place was some type of sanctuary not a place to attack fellow posters and their character.

The cliques, the gossip and the drama doesn't fit into my life anymore. The distraction was great when my Husband was gone but I can't do this anymore.

It really saddens me that this thread has gotten out of control and so ugly.

For what it's worth my Husband does read my posts here and as an outsider looking in wanted to know how this thread was actually helping anyone here.

Just saying'

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
S
S
I don't really think it is at this point. That's why I'm just inserting random chit chat nonsense. I hate to see such ugliness in a place that has helped me so much.

Hey fig! That is too funny, and so true. My anger management kid loves me to death and he's one of the worst in the school, so at least that helps me out a little. Maybe my tires won't get slashed this year. Yep, elementary school and teacher's tires get slashed. Gotta love it.

Actually, I DO love it. Does that make me crazy?

Last edited by SoCo; 03/12/10 01:10 PM.

Robert Collier

Henry Ward Beecher

me 33, s 9, d 4
C
C
I am reading a book called "Male Menopause" by Jed Diamond. Now maybe everyone on this thread has already read the book so if that is so I apologize. The book was recommended by Snodderly and in the list on the resources.

Now bear with me because I am only on page 60 so far of this book but it really speaks to me and I think everyone else here. I don't know how this guy wrote this book and knew he would be speaking directly to me. He must be MWD's brother. I can so relate to this book as what is happening to me right now in life. I didn't think I was going through male menopause but as he is writing this, and I am reading, he is proving me wrong.

Jed Diamond - "The primary purpose of Second Adulthood for men is to become elders - to stand for something, to have a vision for the second half of their lives, to be the kind of men young men would want to look up to and follow."

"When a man denies this period of his life or is unable to negotiate the transition effectively, he never really grows up. He remains a perpetual adolescent, a flying boy, a Peter Pan."

He also says here that mentoring is an important part of this process that men join men's groups and learn to impart their knowledge to young men is important.

My thoughts on this is that in today's society where the internet is so prevalent, I don't know if as many men's groups exist or are as appealing to our age group. This board serves that purpose. A group of people mentoring others in the transition of life. That was the purpose of this thread IMHO. How it got so out of hand, well I guess we don't agree on how to mentor, however the need to do it is very obvious.

I think as a group we can continue to discuss the "how to mentor" in the best possible way but I feel we should put to bed the idea that we need to mentor. Jack said it in his original post that even the newbies should go out and support other people with similar sichs.

Any body else care to comment?

Me-70, D37,S36
H
H
yeah, SoCo--we DO work at the same school!!

and I love it too!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis