Cadet Online OP
OP Online
C
smile

Me-70, D37,S36
H
H
Quote:
My W continues to reconnect with the world. She made dinner last night for everyone. She had a conversation with my sister about her menopause(?). That it has been trying but it is subsiding now and she just gets hot. She seemed to have a good day yesterday but we sat at opposite sides of the room and she did appear a little distant, however she does perk up at times. We are still in the same bed and she is permitting me to snuggle with her. I am worried that I am pursuing too much, but so far there doesn't seem to be any negative things coming from that.
We all thanked her for dinner and I thanked her for telling me to go to NYC with my DAD and she did kind of snipe at me "Well you should have known to go on your own".

I can see where this is really the hard part in keeping my expectations low. And I see this from both directions because some of me is afraid that this is just a touch and go and when everyone leaves she will stop being so nice. I am definitely last on this list.(of reconnection).

I am getting ready to hit the road again, but I wanted to check in and say it looks like things are all right, and going a good direction for your wife and you, OP. smile

She IS coming along quite well, the opening up to her sister is a good sign of this.

You know the drill, do what she will allow you to do; just watching and being there when/if she needs you.

Don't worry so much, OP, things seem to be well in hand at this point in time.

Take care of yourself, one step at a time, one day at a time. smile

This is looking really good from what I can see in what you've posted. smile

Have a great rest of the evening. smile

Remember, as each person is different, every MLC/Transition is different..what works for one may not work for another. Most of the time it is trial and error for ALL involved.
F
F
OP, I'm glad that you have reason for optimism in various areas of your life smile .

me: 42 | STBXH: 41 | T: 18 | M: 10 | separation: Jan 3, 2010 | they deserve better: S7 & D4
current thread: http://tinyurl.com/3y8sxcp
.: first breathe, then heal, then start LIVING :.
C
Cadet Online OP
OP Online
C
Quote:
She IS coming along quite well, the opening up to her sister is a good sign of this.
Not that this changes anything but this was MY sister. Her sister died at the beginning of 2009 setting off this MLC.

Thanks everyone. I would have been watching the OSCARS tonight but my cable company is having a fight with WABC and the channel is shut down

Last edited by OldPilot; 03/07/10 10:59 PM.

Me-70, D37,S36
T
T
Too bad about the Oscars! Hope you are able to relax and enjoy your evening. So glad things are improving with your W!

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
H
H
Quote:
Not that this changes anything but this was MY sister. Her sister died at the beginning of 2009 setting off this MLC.

OP, I apologize for being in a hurry this afternoon; don't know where I got HER sister out of this. All I could see was that she's coming forward, and that's a GOOD thing.

The fact that she's opening up to someone; even if it's within YOUR family is a good sign that's she's coming forward.

No offense meant; none at all.

Remember, as each person is different, every MLC/Transition is different..what works for one may not work for another. Most of the time it is trial and error for ALL involved.
C
Cadet Online OP
OP Online
C
ABC and Cablevision turned on the Oscars 30 mins late. W is still mad because she missed Barbara Walters but she is happily watching Oscars on TV rather than internet.

HB no worries no offense taken smile

Last edited by OldPilot; 03/08/10 03:11 AM.

Me-70, D37,S36
H
H
Hi OP,
I locked my Q&A thread this afternoon, over 100 posts on it..do not know if I will put up another one just yet.

Enjoy your evening with your wife, you deserve it. laugh

I'm rooting for you, my friend. smile Got my fingers crossed for both of you; and your family continues to be in my prayers for everything to be all right.

Hope abounds!

C
Cadet Online OP
OP Online
C
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1953700&#Post1953700

I am closing down this thread as it is over a 100

My new thread is above. Please join me there.

Thanks everyone for your wishes.

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard