Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
job Offline
OP,
I hope and pray that the medication will help your father. At least someone is willing to try something and if this one medication does not work, let's hope that one of the experimental drugs will be available and can do the job of making him more comfortable.

I hope that you have a nice weekend. Please take care of yourself.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Snodderly,J3B,SA,MSH,HB,Bradley,Cyclone,FM,Grace,CM,CF,DU,Lost1234,
LFW,Cyrena,Twink,CBart,GIMA,Mindfull,Mila,Cat,Mach,Trapt,DG,MissH,
SoCO,TF,UP,AYK,IRMAC,BND,ERIC and if I left anyone out you too!

Thanks so much for your support and wishes. This has been a very emotional and trying few weeks. My dad started on his Meds last night and we all felt relief. This may or may not work and as bad as the diagnosis is at least we now know what we are dealing with. The doctor was optimistic and everyone left NYC feeling hopeful. I have had a chance to bond with my stepmother(I hesitate to even call her that but for a 180 I will). Having my children and sister all here certainly helped.

My W continues to reconnect with the world. She made dinner last night for everyone. She had a conversation with my sister about her menopause(?). That it has been trying but it is subsiding now and she just gets hot. She seemed to have a good day yesterday but we sat at opposite sides of the room and she did appear a little distant, however she does perk up at times. We are still in the same bed and she is permitting me to snuggle with her. I am worried that I am pursuing too much, but so far there doesn't seem to be any negative things coming from that.
We all thanked her for dinner and I thanked her for telling me to go to NYC with my DAD and she did kind of snipe at me "Well you should have known to go on your own".

I can see where this is really the hard part in keeping my expectations low. And I see this from both directions because some of me is afraid that this is just a touch and go and when everyone leaves she will stop being so nice. I am definitely last on this list.(of reconnection).

S22 leaves today for a recruitment trip to Vienna, Austria for his PHD program. He does not think he wants to go to school there but it was a free trip to Vienna so he is taking advantage of that. It appears that he will not get into Univ of Penn. which was his first choice so he is going to have to settle for Dartmouth. I am trying to convince him that he is not really settling too much(for an IVY LEAGUE School) but of course I don't know anything. LOL.

Anyway thanks again to everyone for their prayers and well wishes. I am hoping you all can get everything you want out of life. It truly is the most important thing.

Me-70, D37,S36
U
U
OP-
I hope and pray that the meds will help your father and that things get easier for your family. I am so amazed at how you are always there offering support and advice for everyone on the board when you have had such turmoil going on yourself. I have to think that eventually your W will realize (if she hasn't already) what a special person you are.

(((HUGS)))

S
S
OP_
I second what Upside said. No matter what you have going you're always there to help someone else.

God Bless you and yours.

T
T
OP-

I am so glad your dad did receive a diagnosis and is being treated. Will be praying that the medication is helpful! And things seem to really be moving in a positive direction with your wife - will pray that continues as well.

Your family is truly lucky to have you, and we are also fortuate to have you here encouraging all of us, even with all you have going on!

I second (third, fourth, whatever it is:)) everyone in thanking you so much for all of your support. Be sure to take care of yourself, too.

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
S
S
I hope the new medication has a positive effect. You sound like you are coping with everything so well. I hope you are having a peaceful weekend.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."
Robert Collier

"One's best success often comes after their greatest disappointments."
Henry Ward Beecher

me 33, s 9, d 4
job Offline
OP,
I'm checking on you this morning to see how you are doing. You've got a lot on your plate and I would hate to see the stress take an unexpected toll on you right now. Please take care of yourself, for you are the one person that everyone is relying on at this time.

So, has the snow begun to melt up your way? How much did you finally get? How is your father doing? I know that your mother has her issues, but have you heard anything new about her? How is your wife doing throughout the situation w/your father?

A lot of questions....but not all about mlc....

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Snodderly

I am better see my post from yesterday. The snow is starting to melt. My father is going on the third day of meds so far. Don't really know about my mother but no news is good news with her. My wife and I are doing something but I don't really know what that is?

I have started reading the two Jed Diamond books and I can see that they are really good! I will report in on those when I finish them.

Actually if you read what I wrote about my wife yesterday. I would appreciate a comment.

I think she is coming out of withdrawl but I hesitate to even write that down.

I have to go do some chores in the house and more relaxing.

Will check back in later.

Me-70, D37,S36
job Offline
OP,
Your wife is coming along nicely. She's reconnecting quite nicely. She's discussing some health issue concerns that she has w/someone. This is good. Cooking is always a good sign and having dinner w/others...that's a nice step in the right direction. I believe she's "cooking up" quite nicely and the reconnecting w/all will continue. How about her interests in other things, i.e., hobbies, etc.? Notice any particular signs in that direction?

I'm glad the meds are starting to work for your father. Let's hope and pray that they will continue to work and he can live and enjoy his life in a more comfortable fashion.

You are doing an excellent job w/giving your wife space and time. Keep your expectations at zero and you will be just fine.

Please take some time for yourself today and relax.

C
C
Glad to hear that things are progressing in a good direction all the way around!!! Can I borrow some of your patience?? :-}

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard