Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
F
F
Thinking of you and your family OP...

me: 42 | STBXH: 41 | T: 18 | M: 10 | separation: Jan 3, 2010 | they deserve better: S7 & D4
current thread: http://tinyurl.com/3y8sxcp
.: first breathe, then heal, then start LIVING :.
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Well yesterday was not a great day, but maybe it was ok. Took me 2-1/2 hours to get out of my driveway since I hadn't been plowed. Had spent Thursday night at home with no electricity, heat, water, internet, phone.... etc. 50 % of the people in my county are in the same predicament.

Got to my store and got a phone call from FL. My Bipolar mother(who has been off of her meds for two months now) had not showed up for her dialysis. Did I know where she was? Spent 2 hours trying to track her down, she finally showed up and I had her apartment manager suggest that she should go for her treatment. Spent the rest of the day fighting the snow here at the store. Finally made it homee at the end of the day and driveway had been plowed and electricity was back on. Got to take a shower. Thank goodness.

It seems I wasn't the only one having a bad day. One of my employee's said his road looked like an atomic bomb hit it. Every other tree in the county had fallen and had taken with it electrical wires or broken glass in cars. So since I am in the glass business it seems that we will be super busy for the next week or so dealing with broken glass from the storm.

My S22 called to let me know that he had finished his finals at school and that he had been accepted to Dartmouth for a PHD program in CS/MATH. His girl friend may have reconsidered her breaking up with him and that I should pick him up from the train on Saturday night at 8PM. He was very excited!

D23 made it home from her overnight stay at Target(her employer).She had slept on lawn furniture. She invited another girlfriend over for a sleepover since her friend had no electricity or heat. They were happy to be able to take showers, eat and be warm.

The other good thing that happened was since I had no electricity on Thursday night I read another MWD book "The Sex Starved Wife".(by flashlight) Not a bad book even if it is not exactly my sich. It was informative and many things can be turned around male/female. It basically uses a lot of DB/DR methods, goes into MLC, mentions "The Five Love Languages" and some websites that I will check out.

So I am hoping the rest of the weekend I can stay warm and no more trees fall on my electricity.

Me-70, D37,S36
G
G
OP,

I knew there was a reason I live in CA. wink

Glad you got your power back.

Congratulations to your son! Dartmouth, how exciting!

You've really got alot going on. Remember to eat and rest well.

HUGS

F
F
Wow, sounds like the weather is really throwing things for a loop in your world. Hope things settle down soon. How worrisome about your mother.

me: 42 | STBXH: 41 | T: 18 | M: 10 | separation: Jan 3, 2010 | they deserve better: S7 & D4
current thread: http://tinyurl.com/3y8sxcp
.: first breathe, then heal, then start LIVING :.
H
H
Oh, OP, bless your heart; you've having a hard time of it.

I know, it seems like it's one thing after another, but somehow, you'll make it through, and keep walking; as this, too, shall pass in time. smile

One heck of a bad storm, for sure.

Hang in there, and congratulations to your son! laugh

Thinking of you, your wife, and your dad, sent up a prayer for all of your family, and we can never get enough of those. smile

Take care.

Remember, as each person is different, every MLC/Transition is different..what works for one may not work for another. Most of the time it is trial and error for ALL involved.
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
HB and everyone else,

Quote:
you've having a hard time of it.
It only sounds hard. Actually it is not so bad. Like you say life is what you make of it. I am totally used to my mothers shenanigans and it is more annoying than anything else. I just posted it here to vent a little because the weather kind of threw me a little. Now after getting my electricity back I realize I am one of the lucky ones. There are people all around here that will have no power for days, maybe even a week. I lost power again this morning for about 3 hours but my D23 reports that it is back on.

This week I will have reinforcements coming to help out. My son will be home in a few hours, My wife will be home on Tuesday, my sister is coming in on Wednesday(to visit my DAD). So this week will be hopefully FUN!

Anyways thanks for your wishes and support!

Me-70, D37,S36
H
H
Hi OP,
Losing your electricity for awhile can be hard enough. I remember quite a few years ago in 1993; we lost our power for nearly two weeks. Fortunately, we had a gas stove so we were able to stay warm AND cook. smile

You're right, when life hands you lemons, you make lemonade, LOL!! Things could be SO much worse, and it's rough when you look around and see people that do have it worse than you do.

All is well, I am now in OH; it snowed on the way, and the road got just a little slick..but I made it through; parked for the night earlier, got something to eat; moseyed on over here to check stuff out.

Husband is doing ok; anxious for me to get home and spend some time with him; was a little sick from meds last night. Son is still at home until Monday, I think.

He said he's got an appointment with Orthepedic Doc for Tuesday; to start the changing of his cast. Man, I hope what they put on is lighter than what's currently there.
Reality is hitting him hard, he's realizing for the first time that things are going to get rough, financially. But, I'm confident we'll make it all right if we watch our p's and q's carefully for awhile.

How's your wife? Hopefully, all is well, at least for the moment. smile

Take care of yourself, Sir. smile

Remember, as each person is different, every MLC/Transition is different..what works for one may not work for another. Most of the time it is trial and error for ALL involved.
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
My father does not have parkinsons disease. He might have

Corticobasal degeneration (CBD) is a rare progressive neurodegenerative disease involving the cerebral cortex and the basal ganglia.[1] It is characterized by marked disorders in movement and cognitive dysfunction. Clinical diagnosis is difficult, as symptoms of CBD are often similar to those of other diseases, such as Parkinson’s disease (PD) and progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP). Furthermore, a definitive diagnosis of CBD is only possible after death, as the only absolute determinant of the disease requires the application of neuropathology and histopathology.

or it may be PSP described above

Me-70, D37,S36
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C

Me-70, D37,S36
job Offline
OP,
Sorry to hear about your father. Is there anything that they can prescribed to make his life a little easier w/the disease he's been handed?

How are you doing?

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard