Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 101 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 100 101
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: kat727
I am terribly sorry that you are so low. Never feel bad for reaching out and please don't feel that you ever have to take it back.

I know this will seem hard right now but you need to create a vision of what you want your life to be like. Then we need to figure out the first step to get you there. It seems that you havethe basics and are running on fumes yourself. Do you enjoy reading or walking or painting. Finding that one thing can help you feel better. I promise.

I often think of Princess Diana. When she was in so much pain herself, she reached out to those hurting more and it helped ease her own pain. I will admit, I don't know what I would have doen without my oldest two boys. I shouldn't have allowed myself to lean on them but they came to me often for themselves and together we got through this mess.

I bet you will get through this too, lean a way dear lady.

hugs, kat

Kat--I think you've hit on something brilliant in its simplicity here (in bold above). I really haven't thought about what I want life to be like--I've just focused on getting thru this a day at a time. Actually, I thought I had the life I wanted--marriage, a family, a job doing ministry. And I've focused so much on the "shock and awe" of losing it all at once that I haven't moved forward. If I've given it any thought, I've very quickly gotten to "I can't afford it" because--well, money is very tight. And my energy is very low--I need to max out my antidepressants, I think.

As far as reaching out to those who need help--I work in an inner-city school. And with my co-worker who just had the stroke and the leukemia diagnosis. I kinda do that daily, so I think I've got that piece in place. I just need to have a dream again, something to look forward to and to work toward. Thank you for mentioning this, and saying it with kindness.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
A
A
The pain. There's no way around it or easy way out. There's no painless way out of these situations, especially by those who were left behind. We can't get through it quicker either. It's a process (healing). Sometimes it's day by day, sometimes it's minute by minute. In order to recover, we gotta see it through. There aren't any shortcuts. But, we're gonna heal and we're gonna be able to look forward to the future with hope. It doesn't feel like it now, but it'll come about.

I'm sorry you feel so much pain and despair. Trust me, you are not alone.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
C
C
Quote:
I know this will seem hard right now but you need to create a vision of what you want your life to be like. Then we need to figure out the first step to get you there. It seems that you havethe basics and are running on fumes yourself. Do you enjoy reading or walking or painting. Finding that one thing can help you feel better. I promise.

HMama, Have you ever read "The Meaning of Life" by Victor Frankl. Frankl was a holocaust survivor and it's his memoir of how he coped (handled it) in the concentration camps. It validates how our thinking preceeds our emotions.
TEA- thought proceeds emotions and emotions proceed actions

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
N
N
(((((Hoozh)))))

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
G
G
Originally Posted By: Coach
Have you ever read "The Meaning of Life" by Victor Frankl. Frankl was a holocaust survivor and it's his memoir of how he coped (handled it) in the concentration camps. It validates how our thinking preceeds our emotions.
TEA- thought proceeds emotions and emotions proceed actions

HM, get that book. Very good. It's a short read and makes you think You only need to read the first half because the other half goes into the introduction of Logotherapy. FYI - Frankl was a psychologist.

In fact I think I'm going to re-read it again today. Thanks for reminding me Coach.

M:11 | T:12 | Status: Married
4C's of WAS communication: Cool, Calm, Collected and CONFIDENT
K
K
I am glad that I was able to give you something to think about that might help you move forward.

I will admit I tend to take on the emotions and problems of my friends and I do need to step back once and a while because I get so overwhelmed. Please stop by my thread if you want to. I will be happy to chat.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks, Coach and Gno--

yes, I'm very familiar with Viktor Frankl and that book in particular. It has one of the most chilling and horrific images I can imagine (recall the child being hanged?); in fact, it is one of the things that has been part of developing my own "theology of suffering."

I also recall TEA. Sometimes I get overwhelmed because there are days when virtually everything is a "trigger." And I feel out of control. I need to focus on positive things, things to look forward to--which means I need to find create some of those things in my life.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: kat727
I am glad that I was able to give you something to think about that might help you move forward.

I will admit I tend to take on the emotions and problems of my friends and I do need to step back once and a while because I get so overwhelmed. Please stop by my thread if you want to. I will be happy to chat.

kat
thanks, kat.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: NoCodeBlues
(((((Hoozh)))))

thanks. and back atcha ((((NCB)))) !

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
B
B
Quote:
And I feel out of control. I need to focus on positive things, things to look forward to--which means I need to create some of those things in my life.

Indeed HMama, I think this is the way to go - creating your passions and interests and focusing on the positive. Always looking up.

Take care. ((((((HM))))))

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
Page 36 of 101 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard