Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Dropped off S13 at the high school for placement testing. Wow, how time flies and my baby is getting ready for high school....

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
walked for about 90 minutes, now getting ready for bowling....tonight its Hawaiian night smile aloha

T
T
ppenton,

I haven't read your entire thread yet. Curious, are you still married? Are you still hoping for reconciliation? Do you have contact with wife and does she see the kids?

You seem to be doing well and a great example of a godly man.

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: TulsaTime
ppenton,

I haven't read your entire thread yet. Curious, are you still married? Are you still hoping for reconciliation? Do you have contact with wife and does she see the kids?

You seem to be doing well and a great example of a godly man.

Yes, we are still legally married, have been separated for about a year and we are using an agreement we came up with last January. This addresses our finances, who has the kids on which holidays, etc. we meet every 3 months to discuss/update this agreement. I believe I have the better deal since the kids live with me full time smile

Yes, I am standing for my marriage and am still open to build a new M, so I am willing to try to reconcile. I am using this time to learn more about myself, trust in God, grow and experience new things and meet and hopefully make even more friends.

W and I are in contact with each other by phone, text and email pertaining to the kids. I have not seen her since Christmas day. W has been more involved with the kids this school year (not a lot in my opinion) but better than the end of last year. W takes S13 to school and picks him up after and brings him home. She sees S16 in the morning as he gets ready and goes to school with a buddy. I usually leave for work before the kids wake up and W comes over. Also, W will take them to their appointments during the week if I'm at work. She doesn’t usually see them on the weekends, but does call/text them. She has dinner with them at our house on Wednesdays and I spend the evening at my brother and SIL’s house which has turned out to be a blessing as I get to see my 4 month old niece at least once a week smile

I feel so much at peace now, as I know I can lean on Jesus and my family/friends when I need support. The group I go to has been great and we even had a NYE party at one woman’s house which was a lot of fun. My interactions with the kids has improved even though I was close to them pre-bomb, the benefits since have been priceless and very beneficial for me and them. I know I would not trade the time I have had with them this past year for anything.

I’m not sure if all I do is the best at DBing, however, I know that the last 6+ months I have been doing very well and am happy! My W and I do get along which I believe has a lot to do with the way I approach and react to her. The process I have been going through to forgive her and the OM has benefited me and soften my heart which I need to practice everyday. I have done a lot of work and reached out to people and found tools to help me get through this valley.

Thanks, TulsaTime for checking in….

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
Met OM 10/10/08; Bomb 12/27/08; Moved in with OM 01/27/09
Me stronger and happier everyday!
T
T
You sound good. I'm following what you're doing in terms of GAL. Gotta get myself back to church.

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
GAL and church have been wonderful tools for me.

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Romans 12:2, "Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." (NLT)

Philippians 4:8, "Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse." (MSG)

Galatians 5:22-24, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." (NIV)

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
If only I could do or remember this everyday:

The grace of God sustains me in every moment. Life presents many opportunities to grow, change and choose direction. Whatever lies before me, I can be sure that God is in the midst of it. God is present in every moment as goodness, freedom, wisdom, understanding and all I need for fulfillment. Whatever choices I make, whatever direction I take, I trust the grace of God to guide me. I live calmly and confidently, and I walk my path in peace. I have absolute assurance that the grace of God is equally present in the lives of those I care about. As God's grace is demonstrated, I give thanks for the opportunities that come my way and know that each is a gift. I am aware of the grace of God surrounding and sustaining me. What a powerful way to live!
From his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.--John 1:16

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Last night W, S16 and I went to his high school as the student services had their college kick-off session. There was a lot of information about the college planning process and there were 4 admin counselors from nearby universities. It was a valuable night of information and we are so glad we went. I’m glad W is taking a more active role in S16’s college career. I think her and I can work together and get him into the school that best fits him and our budget.
When S16 and I got home we helped S13 with his advanced math homework and then headed to bed.

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
Met OM 10/10/08; Bomb 12/27/08; Moved in with OM 01/27/09
Me stronger and happier everyday!
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Journaling:

So, tonight W texts me that she wants to know if I'll be around this weekend? I text back that I have plans Friday and Saturday night, why? She says she wants to talk and if I'm available tonight. I say no that I have a little league meeting to attend. But I told her I will be home Saturday during the day, so she is coming over Saturday morning. Not sure what she wants to discuss but if I do not feel comfortable with the topic I'll just tell her that I need time to think about it.....

I did go to a little league meeting then walked for about an hour and baked Magic Cookie bars for the kids.
S16 and his girlfriend spent the evening researching colleges and making lists of which ones they are interested in attending.

Tomorrow, night I go to my support group meeting then we are going out for Mexican dinner and margaritas afterwards!!
On Saturday night some of the people from the support group are meeting up and going to the movies.

Should be another fun weekend!

Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard