Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22
I really appreciate your spirit and pos mental attitude. Any 180's? Any new activities involving others? Like a class? Just asking. I surely enjoy reading your posts about the skydiving exhiliration of knowing that we don't know, but we DO trust.

Gilda Radner (the comedienne from SNL who died of cancer at age 43) said at first it was so hard to deal with the ambiguity of not knowing what the outcome would be of her illness. They wanted kids and that's how they learned she had cancer...so she would try to plan and then realize, "WTH? I cannot "plan" on my life as if it's a machine in my control and she suggested that we all accept this b/c it's inherent in our lives. None of us is promised tomorrow. She said to learn to "embrace the ambiguity" and I really treasure that quote. I think Faith means truly working and doing your best, and then leaving the results up to God.

I don't know what God has planned for you EXCEPT something good is around the corner for you, if you let it come to you. Whatever it is, I know He cares for us and wants us to be comforted and happy so I urge you to let it all in. Say YES! and take the skydive. I'm betting the chute opens...and fyi, for my big 50, in 2 weeks, I'm going on up to 12,500 ft and taking a parachute dive with my d20...we have long wanted to and it's TIME!! (H will remain on the land. He's not that into the adrenaline rush and besides, someone has to be on the ground with the camera). And if the chute does not open, what a way to go. Kind of like life and love, better to try and fail, than to stay closed up to it. If you "die trying to fully live or love..." well like I said....what a way to go.

j-

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Wow, 25yearsmlc, thanks for stopping by. Your posts on other threads are always very helpful for those of us who find ourselves here. You are a great resource and inspiration.

I would say my main 180s have been at the office. I have taken on more of a leadership role in the projects I'm involved with. In fact, the other day, my manager pulled my aside to tell me what a great job I have been doing this past year (he does know about my situation at home). I did lead and successfully complete a couple of major tasks this past summer/fall. I'm in IT and we needed to have all our applications working using Internet Explorer 8 and the new Windows 7 which Microsoft released in October. I guided the various teams in our organization to complete these 2 projects in less than 6 months (which included scheduling people to test and having their managers verify each application, over 300 of them). I met with management regularly to give status updates and made sure everyone was on the same page and moving along.

Outside of work, I have been exercising (walking, bike riding, lifting weights), baking (which I love), reading, praying and moving closer to God, spending time with the kids, my family and friends (new & old). I bowl in a league which is one Saturday a month with friends. I go to a support group every other Friday (I'm the unofficial baker) which still is a blessing and making friends through this outlet. I'm enjoying life and not feeling stuck at all as I do trust the Lord has a plan and path for me. I just need to keep moving and listening to His instructions. Both my medical doctor and psychologist, along with friends/family think I am doing so much better than I was last spring and I feel good. I do still think about my W and what happened to us but I do not dwell on the past too much. In fact, I have been remembering a lot of the good times we shared and I'm able to communicate with W better. I told my doctor today that if W wanted to come back home I would work with her so we could be a family again. I know my boys miss having her around (not that they really talk about it) and would like for us to be a family again.

For the meeting tonight I decided to bake 2 types of cookies as I was off work today "Mint Chocolate Delights" &
"Dark Chocolate & Mint Cookies".

Tomorrow, I'll be attending a high school ALL-CLASS reunion with a bunch of friends. It will be very interesting to meet with some old classmates and alumni from other years who attended the same school and what they remembered about H.S.

Good luck and have a blast on your birthday!!

I loved Roseanne Roseannadanna "Well it just goes to show you, it's always something” smile

Now to go for a walk....

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Also, have been volunteering and participating in fund raisers and enjoying the growth it has given me

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
Met OM 10/10/08; Bomb 12/27/08; Moved in with OM 01/27/09
Me stronger and happier everyday!
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Last night had a BLAST attending my high school ALL-CLASS reunion with a bunch of friends. It was great to see people from my class as well as other classes some even back to 1969.
We packed the place with over 500 alumni grin

It was great catching up with people and now we are keeping in touch on FB.

I'm so glad I went and what a blessing to be able to re-connect again smile

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Ok, first time I'm trying to make rice pudding... smile

I hope it does not rain all week....

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!!

Wishing you all a blessed and safe Thanksgiving and holiday weekend!!

Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. ~ I Thessalonians 5:15-18

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 4:4-7

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
C
C
ppenton, I don't think I have ever posted to you but I read your thread. You are the GAL King! Great job on not getting bitter or wallowing in anger. I know your Faith has been a blessing. You are handling it.

Cheers
Coach

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks Coach, your posts have been an inspiration! Sometimes, I wish I had more time to post here to help others.

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Well, today has been slow at work which has been nice.

Tonight I’m going to church with my parents and we are attending a Latin mass, should be interesting as I never been to one before. Then will bake cookies after for tomorrow.

Tomorrow, will make a first attempt at creating a French Silk pie smile
W is taking kids to her cousin’s house for the afternoon and I’m going to an Aunt’s house.
Then we will meet back at the house and I’ll take the kids over to a neighbor’s for Sushi, football and dessert (pie)

Friday, I’m going to the high school football city championship at Soldier Field with my brother, dad and a couple of uncles (maybe S13 will join us). S16 will be working at his school as they are hosting a basketball tournament this weekend. I may go to a game or 2 over the weekend.

Saturday, I’m sure I’ll walk or bike ride during the day and that evening going to visit a friend and her new baby.

Sunday, will take the kids to my parents and watch football and relax.

Monday taking off work as this could be a great weekend grin

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Wow, what a great day!!!! Football, lots of food and drinks and time with family/friends grin

Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard