Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 53 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 52 53
N
OP Offline
N
Quote:
What's going on for tomorrow??

My S's and I have been invited over to a friend's place for a Halloween party and Trick-or-Treating. Kids and adults alike are getting dressed up. I am looking forward to it, and I know my two are up for a lot of fun. The three of us are going as Star Wars characters, and that's going to be a huge lark for all of us. As long as it doesn't rain, we're due for a great time.

(I'll say it again: I am soooooo very glad I resisted xW's attempts to have me trade away Halloween for some other, lesser day.)

How is everyone else planning to spend tomorrow?

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
R
R
No kiddos. I'm going to a crafting party in the morning, then trying to catch up around the house tomorrow. Huge flea market (last one) on Sunday. Just trying to keep busy.
You sound like you'll have a blast!!

N
OP Offline
N
Murphy's Law.

I picked up my S's yesterday to begin our week of time together. S8 was sick and feverish and has remained so this morning. S4 is trying to get over his own sickness which started last weekend -- he still has a ragged cough, but is otherwise okay.

I can't take S8 out if he has any degree of fever -- I really hoped it would have broken during the night. So at this point, it's not looking very likely for us to be able to go out and enjoy the special occasion.

And now it's raining...

<sigh>

S11, S7

Real love is a decision.
N
OP Offline
N
Hey, Donna, those sound like fun too.

S11, S7

Real love is a decision.
R
R
Bundle up the big boy and drive around - his little brother can go to the doors with both bags (put a pic of big brother in his costume on the other bag). Betcha big bro can keep busy playing a gameboy or something while he waits for his treats to be delivered between stops. (Condo places are good - lots of doors, short walking distance).

Or, look for an old-fashioned movie to watch, like the black-n-white Frankenstein...

Chin up...

N
OP Offline
N
Thanks, Donna, those are good ideas. You're right -- we'll figure something out. I just want to make sure S8 doesn't expose any other kids to whatever bug he's got. His mother has also offered to watch him while I take S4 go door-to-door, but that will drive S8 up the wall. We're gonna' play it by ear.

How was the crafting party?

S11, S7

Real love is a decision.
R
R
Had a blast! Then home, took a nap, then out to see ZombieLand with a friend. Came home to watch the new Halloween...

Hope you and the boys had a good time...

K
K
So how was your Halloween? I hope ok? I figure any holiday with our kids is super sweet, I don't care if they are sick. I really appreciate so much being with them now. I hate missing half the holidays!!!

Are your boys feeling better yet? Hope so.

Me 53
D18, S24
karen43 #1866117 11/02/09 12:17 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Hello, Donna, Karen, all,

It's been weird. I just got back my Internet connection, having lost it and electricity yesterday.

Halloween went great. S8 was able to go and we did indeed have a blast. We went Trick-or-Treating with all our friends then we came back and had a great party. But S8 started to get a little sluggish and lethargic. He wanted to just sit down and bundle up, like he was chilled or something, and just watch some TV -- obviously still feeling the effects of his sickness. (I had urged him to take a nap earlier that afternoon, but he refused. Now he was feeling the impact.) He didn't seem to have a fever though -- and he did not want to leave.

S4 really had a blast. Most of the other kids were little girls, who he loved to run around with and chase (Oh, Good Heavens -- so early!) He was dressed up as Boba Fett from Star Wars -- that kid is so funny insisting that Boba Fett is a "good guy". He had several of us chuckling seeing him dance and bop around with the girls.

S8 went as a Star Wars clone commander, Captain Rex. He has been looking forward to wearing his costume with helmet and laser blaster for a long time now.

I went dressed up as Obi Wan Kenobi from the Clone Wars series, complete with armor plating and light saber. A little much, I admit. I wasn't the only adult who dressed up for this event, but I got a number of comments as I walked up with my two S's. One guy started to say something to me about how far I took our Star Wars theme, and I confidently grinned and said, "H*ll yeeeaah, I went all out!" More than half of the adults were fully attired in costumes, some more elaborate than others.

I ended up taking myself and the boys home before 9 PM, which was not too early but prudent. Late in the wee hours of the morning I checked on S8, just as I had all of Friday night, and found he was again running a fever.

Much of Sunday was spent trying to get S* and S4 to settle down so the older of the two could properly recover from whatever it is still making him sick. S8's temperature seemed to fluctuate between normal and fever. And he was playing and much too active between the peaks of his temperatures.

About mid-morning we lost power and I began to realize we needed to go out to get lunch, since I couldn't cook the meal I had hoped to. So I took them out to eat and to kill time at the movies until the power was restored. It's a good thing I did because the power was still off when we got back some four hours later -- fortunately the power finally did come back on just as I was dialing the power company. But Internet was still very spotty and went out entirely again until this morning.

S11, S7

Real love is a decision.
R
R
Sounds like a great weekend....