Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 48 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 47 48
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks Oz I do hope so!

I have bought a fantastic little cocktail type dress for friday, got my friend C to check it out for me last night and it looks fab, just got to sort out the right undies for it now! Hopefully it will knock him dead.

Now I have got his attention so to speak I need to find a way to move him round to getting to know my mind again if you get my drift! It all very well behaving like a couple of teenagers again but it wont get us very far. Certainly dont want to lose his attention but need to get the horse firmly back infront of the cart somehow!

All advice gratefully received.

Last edited by Lost Rabbit; 10/14/09 08:12 AM.

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

Once lost but now found and happily married again!
E
E
Hi Rabbit - conscious of it being Wednesday and the funeral. Just to say hang on in there - hold it together. This should be about your friend and saying goodbye, rather than working on H but I know that it's also too good an opportunity to miss!

Will catch you in the burrow later but I have to pop out to help someone with some tax stuff at some stage. Will do my best. If I am not there for the Mad Hatters Tea Party tonight, will defo be there tomorrow!

Just to let you know that I am thinking about you.

Nell :o)

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
Eskimo Nell #1855682 10/14/09 06:14 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Well I dug deep this morning and got myself all dressed up to go to the funeral, kept telling myself I could do it and I wanted to say goodbye to my friend regardless of what wombatness H was doing!

So arrived in plenty of time, H was standing with my mum, dad, sister and nephew, greeted them and my sister complimented me on the colour of my jewellery, yes its a nice green isnt it smiling at H,(he hates green) lol. Lots of elderly friends came and said hello, most of them not twigging that I hadnt arrived with H, went into the crematorium with my family and H alongside, he motioned for me to sit next to my dad and then sat beside me, it would have been easy for him to put my nephew next to me but he didnt. Couldnt get comfy so several times in the funeral brushed against H, but not intentional.

At the end we queued to view the flowers and it was freezing I was shivering, H seemed a bit twitchy (he does this when embarrased or angy) so having stated I was frozen I said I'd probably make a quick get away as I was going out, not really sure what H said but he intimated that I should come to the afternoon tea, which I replied I didnt want to come and watch him twitch and wiggle in my company so would go, at this he said well its up to you, as if still pushing/asking me to come, so I said I would for a bit but must get away on time.

So sat chatting to my mum and old adopted aunties, had a small sandwich or two and ignored H who was talking to my sister. Adopted auntie asked how life was in a rather knowing way dont know if she did so I just said different and laughed. Sister, Nephew and H came to sit down leaving H the only chair which was at an angle near me.

My mum started talking to someone behind her and H started talking to me, he tugged my little skirt which when sitting down revealed a respectable bit of leg/thigh in snazzy tights and said that it was nice. He said he'd been shopping although he really should have bought the bigger shirt when he sat down it gapped but it was hidden behind the snazzy red tie. My sister pointed out everything he was wearing was new, and I laughed and said "not those as well" meaning new pants. He smiled.

He asked where I was going "out to the pub, Im out every night this week except monday" "yes we are going out friday" I laughed and said "sssh youre being brave the roitveiller will hear you" meaning my mum, and he laughed and said "no she wont" but it was only saturday that he was shock horror at giving anyone a clue we were dating or what ever you want to call it lol! Said to dress smart casual and could he wear a shirt that only one person fitted into, he seemed a bit surprise that I had arranged anything so I pointed that he was invited our for a date.

Laughed about his txt and I said I had read it as "if she ML's to me one my time I'll never walk again" and he said "thats what I wanted to say" and giggled and smiled, well the chemistry was so obviously there even a blind man could sense it, so I kissed all my relatives except H goodbye and left.

Got home safe and sound and felt fantastic I'd done it. Ohh no wedding ring in fact a statement ring that would draw attention to the fact it wasnt on, Im not afraid any more H just better watch out lol!

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

Lost Rabbit #1856117 10/15/09 09:46 AM
E
E
Sounds like that all went off to plan, Rabbit. No scenes with your family and some good attention from H so all in all, good work!

Glad that you sorted out the rings bit but were you happy with that after? I know that you had considered wearing them so hope that you were comfortable in not putting them on - you worked through that process and I am sure that you must have made your decision based around much of that which you told me before.

I really like your answer when adopted aunties asked 'how is life going' and you just said "different"!!!! Good response. I shall keep that one in my bank, if you don't mind!

Did you get a grilling from S when you got home? I know that he was unable to come with you due to work commitments?

So, what are you doing today??

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

L
OP Offline
L
I only dived in and out for twenty minutes last night but it was looking increasingly apparant that S has swine flu! Bless he went to work this morning and was sent home, and docs rang and confirmed it, trouble is that leaves me feeling responsible for passing it on, so flu jab is cancelled for sat, no visiting madam as staff are in contact with lots of kids sat, no tap class as instructor is in contact with lots of kids, just feel that its the responsible thing to do as I wouldnt be too chuffed if someone gave it to me. Popped into the supermarket and got supplies, half of snotty cold ridden uk are already in there so didnt worry about that too much lol. Trouble is that H steam activities is involved with lots of elderly men so we are humming and haaahing about cancelling our date. Bearing in mind a dose of swine flu wouldnt be good for either of us cos of our medical histories. But S bless him is taken all sensible precautions he is a good lad.

So anyway S txt his dad to tell him he'd got the flu, and H rang me as we Im not touching S's bug ridden phone lol. We chatted about what to do, both of us very aware that we have the potential to spread the lurgy about to people who are already vunerable, but when I said its a pain I was really looking forward to friday, H replied "yes so I was I" so we are going to reassess tomorrow morning. So fingers crossed the anti-virals will have kicked in for poor S, who is now armed with a couple of good magazines, tissues and some movies and lying in bed.

Im still smiling from yesterday, Im so chuffed, going was a big 180 especially after I couldnt face the embarrassment of friends party back in June, I wore a beautiful amethyst and diamond ring on my wedding finger, you couldnt miss it, having felt that my wedding ring somehow seems contaminated now I wasnt too worried about not wearing it and also bearing in mind H walked out on me I thought s*d it Im not putting my wedding ring on Ive done nothing to be ashamed off. Infact several times at the funeral he was the one looking a bit on his own not me.

Think my 180's are starting to add up now and showing H that I am a lot stronger, tougher woman these days, and Im sure that is exuding the fact that actually I have now proved to myself that I dont need him, when he had his heart attack I thought my life would end if he died, well guess what I now know it wouldnt. I have very dear friends, a fantastic son and what ever happens in life I will live on. So big smiley faces for success today but sad smiley faces for poor S.

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

E
E
Sorry to hear that S is sick Rabbit ... sure it's Swine Flu instead of just Man Flu??!! Could we REALLY tell the difference?!!

You are sounding so much stronger - is there something in the air or is it just that the board gets these contagious vibes?? There was luck with piecing around here a little while ago, now it seems that people are gathering strength. Perhaps the tides are changing or is it that we have just reached "that stage" where something has to give to keep us sane?

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

L
OP Offline
L
Swine flu seem to have a nasty cough with it which normal flu's doent, but at the end of the day its only a form of flu, I have been fighting off a cold for the last week, hopefully it will only be mild as normally if its a horrid one for me its start with a sore throat. It just is proof and a horrid reminder that we are officially in winter here in the uk, hard to believe we were still wearing flip flops a couple of weeks back!

Think the board does lift us, people's success's or tips keep us on track and make us smile what ever we are faced with, take Dia's thread that girl should really write a book she is fab at writing and it makes me smile every time she reeled her poor unsuspecting hubby in, and some of the fella's stories as just as funny, us girlies think we all have our beloved's over a barrel but is fun watching the fella's turn the tide on some of their beloved's. After all we are all in this together for the ride!

Last edited by Lost Rabbit; 10/15/09 12:14 PM.

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

D
D
Rabbit, the doctor told me that the significant factor with swine is the usual flu symptoms and a temp over 38C. Hope s is all good soon for everyone's sake!

Cas

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks Cas he is feeling better today, he has been taking the tamiflu doc gave him. We arent allowed to go the GP over here in the uk if you suspect swine flu, you have to ring the pandemic hot line get a reference number and ring GP with and collect your meds from the outside door. S said that Dr H sounded a bit fed up with the whole flu thing, and not to put words in a GP's mouth but flu is flu is flu, and every year people die from it in not much different amounts than the swine flu, we do have a flu vaccs programme over here which I get a free jab as Im asthmatic although I have to cancel going sat until its clear Ive not got it Im not allowed near the docs. Its all a pain but I suppose necessary evil.

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

D
D
My S had it and he was very sick. I took the tamiflu too as I was about to have surgery. When I got to the hospital and told them that I was taking Tami as a preventative the nurse raced straight out of the room and grabbed a mask for her and for me. (Just a slight overreaction as I didn't actually have it and by the time I got to hospital S was completely well.) Surgeon didn't see the problem and I was allowed to remove the mask.

Hope you can get that date in soon.

How is H going with using your name?

Page 32 of 48 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 47 48

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard