Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 55 of 87 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 86 87
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks for your suggestions Rabbit, Oz, Julia and Nell. I have time to give it some thought. I can think of lots of things but I'm not sure spending a lot of money would be a good idea at this point.

E
E
Totally agree. A book may be just the thing ... as you say, think it through. Otherwise, just a card, chosen carefully for it's wording.

I know that you will get what is just right ... or decide to get nothing at all.

I have the same dilemma to fix come Australia Day!

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
G
G
Morning Cas

Just dropping in to say Hi and hope you are well. Had my cardiologist appointment this morning. All okay which is good.

Hope you have a good day whatever you get up to.

Trying to keep hope alive
G
G
Hi Cas

Hope you are okay.

Trying to keep hope alive
D
OP Offline
D
Nothing to report. Haven't heard from H since he text me to say thanks for the card I sent him. This text told me he liked being acknowledged so I guess I should affirm where possible.

I feel certain that H will not initiate contact but could accept another invitation from me. Not sure if I want to. I feel myself moving away, esp when there is no contact.

Cas

E
E
It's hard to affirm when there's nothing happening though Cas, eh?

If and when you feel like sending another invitation, why not just give it a try? Nothing to lose and, sounds like your shutters are up and a rejection would not do that much storm damage anyhow!

Enjoy Sunday and I hope that the new week brings something lovely for you .... :o)

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
D
OP Offline
D
Nell, eventhough I haven't heard from H I hear lots of things via the kids which makes it easier to affirm him.

I did text him to ask if he wanted to join me on a beach walk later today. His reply was "thanks. I'll see how I go." Non commital again but did say thanks so I'll take that as a positive. (My friend suggested non commitment keeps him in control.)

Now it's raining and every chance I won't go anyway.

Watched the boy in striped pyjamas Fri night and yesterday went shopping and then with a girlfriend to see Julie and Julia and to dinner. It was a very pleasant day. The movie inspired me so I made a new recipe this morning. It was an orange cake...don't remember it being part of Julia's recipes but it looks and smells good.

S and I have been cleaning out the garage...we accumulate so much stuff!

D
OP Offline
D
text from H at 3.30pm to say "Sorry. still at work. Will have to give walk a miss." So I replied to say it probably suited me anyway because S and I hadn't finished cleaning the garage. That's the reply I would give to a friend and what's more it was true. Cleaning always takes longer than you think!!

Anyway, I'm hoping he will see that I could accept the invitation decline graciously.

D
OP Offline
D
And it's still raining anyway! I don't usually do walks in the rain

D
OP Offline
D
So later on H came by to drop something off for S on his way home from work. He only stayed for 10 mins, chatting with kids and I in the garage where we were still sorting. I looked like a wreck!!!! Well, at least he could see that my reply text re cleaning the garage was true. I was definitely in 'hands on' cleaning mode. There was a bit of awkward silence between us... the kids were there as well. I just couldn't think of too much to say.

Page 55 of 87 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 86 87

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard