Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 50 of 72 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 71 72
E
OP Offline
E
OK folks, can't go without posting my intended response to H - comments please (I feel that the tone is right but it may be a bit too long). Also, advice on names - H has started to sign off with his name but has only used mine once. Do I do the same or just nothing ... ?? Also, what's my closing comment ... "talk soon" ??

I have thought about this one overnight and I feel that it might be better to reschedule the tribunal. I could evidently handle it alone but the possibility of having us both there for the 'final hearing' may go in our favour as our position would appear stronger. I would appreciate it if you would contact them on Monday and ask for a postponement. Another factor is that I now have a very heavy caseload at work and am not sure that I would be able to get the day off as my contract has been extended until the end of that week (16 October).

I apologise for my behavior on the telephone. I panicked when I saw the water gushing and when I learned you weren't available to help, I said some things that I later regretted.

I am fine thank you and so are the cats.

I hope that you have a good time in Sydney and that the induction goes well. I'm pleased that work appears to be getting a bit more interesting for you - I know how dispondent you have become with your career over the past year or so. Perhaps this will help?

Meanwhile, P is back from Hong Kong - has bought four new 'travelling shirts' and has put a good offer in on a new house. He's keen to pursue it until he wins, working off the "bid big for better" rather than "right price gets something that no-one else wanted" mentality. Can't blame him.

Current news is that we are planning a trip over to see a friend on the Gold Coast for a much needed break - can't wait to ride some of those rollercoasters - I know, that's ME talking!! Not sure about popping in on the Polar Bears though - would love to see that artificial habitat but might ruin a few great memories of the real thing. Still, time to consider ... !

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
L
L
Thats nice Nell,

I'd call it softly business like smile

Glad you are taking some Nell time out this evening, I know what you mean about the house not taking up so much time when on your own but that can only be a good thing!

Expect you and the moggles are snuggled up watching your soaps by now, babycakes says hi to welsh/aussie mates and thanks them for their concern and she is feeling much better, so much better her mummy is having to make a run for it to get out the front door!

Last edited by Lost Rabbit; 10/02/09 12:37 PM.

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

Once lost but now found and happily married again!
B
B
That is a very positive email! Not sure about the name thing...I'd say go with your gut.

J
JCJ Offline
J
Something more like this might be better...

'Hi H

Thank you for your emails. I think, with all things considered, that both of us being at the hearing would put us in a stronger position however I don't think I am now able to make any date before 16th October. If we postpone it till then that should be enough notice for us both to find a free date. Would you be able to call them and find out when the next available date is? Let's hope it is a successful outcome!

Good news on the job front for you, I'm pleased it is going well. The cats and I are good thanks and work is busy (insert an amusing but short cat anecdote here).

The water is now sorted thank goodness although the weekend callout charge was extortionate. I nearly died on the spot (or your own words!) when he told me the cost. I apologise for my behaviour on the phone, I panicked when I saw the water gushing and when I learned you weren't available to help, I said some things I regret.

Thanks
Nell

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
D
D
Originally Posted By: Eskimo Nell
OK folks, can't go without posting my intended response to H - comments please (I feel that the tone is right but it may be a bit too long). Also, advice on names - H has started to sign off with his name but has only used mine once. Do I do the same or just nothing ... ?? Also, what's my closing comment ... "talk soon" ??

I have thought about this one overnight and I feel that it might be better to reschedule the tribunal. I could evidently handle it alone but the possibility of having us both there for the 'final hearing' may go in our favour as our position would appear stronger. I would appreciate it if you would contact them on Monday and ask for a postponement. Another factor is that I now have a very heavy caseload at work and am not sure that I would be able to get the day off as my contract has been extended until the end of that week (16 October).

I apologise for my behavior on the telephone. I panicked when I saw the water gushing and when I learned you weren't available to help, I said some things that I later regretted.

I am fine thank you and so are the cats.

I hope that you have a good time in Sydney and that the induction goes well. I'm pleased that work appears to be getting a bit more interesting for you - I know how dispondent you have become with your career over the past year or so. Perhaps this will help?

Meanwhile, P is back from Hong Kong - has bought four new 'travelling shirts' and has put a good offer in on a new house. He's keen to pursue it until he wins, working off the "bid big for better" rather than "right price gets something that no-one else wanted" mentality. Can't blame him.

Current news is that we are planning a trip over to see a friend on the Gold Coast for a much needed break - can't wait to ride some of those rollercoasters - I know, that's ME talking!! Not sure about popping in on the Polar Bears though - would love to see that artificial habitat but might ruin a few great memories of the real thing. Still, time to consider ... !

Very good tone Nell.

On the names question, he has started to sign off with his name so maybe you could do the same. You are being no colder nor warmer than he.

You might want to consider responding to his question re: the water. It is his house too so that could be considered a business issue.

Possibly think about not saying so much about current events. Like about his work just leave it at "I hope that you have a good time in Sydney and that the induction goes well." it's pleasant, but not overly interested.

Do you want to give him that much infor about your upcoming trip? Consider the benefits of a bit more mystery in deciding.

Good job Nell.

1st
2nd
3rd
Current
D
D
Hi Nell, I think the tone is much more pleasant this time but perhaps the content makes you a bit too much like a loving wife .I think you need only the info about the hearing and possibly the water. By giving him the other info you're putting him a very comfortable position and as it's already been said, you are removing the mystery.

And, yes, I would sign off with my name. I actually started using Hi H and finishing with Thanks, W at the beginning when H used no intro or signoff and before long H followed my lead.

Hope your weekend is pleasant

Cas

E
OP Offline
E
Thanks all for your comments above.

I have gotten up this morning and pondered this whole situation again. I am considering being absolutely pitch black and postponing the tribunal for myself - not sending any emails to H whatsoever.

Just can't decide what I want to do but am taking another day to think it over.

If I do this, H may start to wonder - he will be angry that I have not answered but he still won't care and it may just add to his dislike of me for daring to ignore him. If I do respond, he will know all is well and nothing changes.

I don't know how to make decisions anymore. Not about this nor anything. I am mostly contemplating whether or not I move home next year and give up the life that was 'our' dream.

I think that the tribunal needs to be postponed whatever I do/do not say to H so I am going to email them today. That will be a 180 on it's own as H always deals with the co-ordinator. I shall merely copy H on the email so that he knows what I have done. He will think that I am throwing a hissy fit at his not going but at the moment, I just don't care.

More time required .... think Nell, think.

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

E
OP Offline
E
OK - done. I have emailed re the tribunal and copied H - not forwarded a copy, just c.c'd the email. That sends a message all of it's own as I normally forward and then add an explanation. This time - nothing. Now I wait to see if that brings a response from H.

I don't consider that his other emails really warrant a response and I feel good that I have taken matters in to my own hands - he's irresponsible right now and I have taken control of the one thing that I can! It's a 180 but one that he won't like.

If I change my mind about wanting to contact him, at least I have the drafted email ready - it makes me feel better that I have taken some action and yet still have a card up my sleeve in readiness to play. It does my PMA a bit of good and will get me through the weekend!

Am I right or wrong to have done this??

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

E
OP Offline
E
The new drafted email, just incase I decide to send it, looks like this - comments once again, please:

H
I thought about the tribunal and felt that it was better to reschedule. I could evidently handle it alone but the possibility of having us both there for the 'final hearing' may go in our favour as our position would appear stronger. A contributing factor in my decision is that I also have a very heavy caseload at work and will now struggle to get the day off. My contract has been extended until the end of that week (16 October).

I regret having over-reacted on the phone. I panicked when I saw the water gushing and when I learned you weren't available to help with the emergency. Seems that we both regret our exchange of words.

I am fine, thanks for asking, and so are the babies. Just planning a trip over to see a new friend on the Gold Coast for a much needed break.

I hope that you travel safely to Sydney and that the induction goes well.

W

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

D
D
Originally Posted By: Eskimo Nell
The new drafted email, just incase I decide to send it, looks like this - comments once again, please:

H
I thought about the tribunal and felt that it was better to reschedule. I could evidently handle it alone but the possibility of having us both there for the 'final hearing' may go in our favour as our position would appear stronger. A contributing factor in my decision is that I also have a very heavy caseload at work and will now struggle to get the day off. My contract has been extended until the end of that week (16 October).

I regret having over-reacted on the phone. I panicked when I saw the water gushing and when I learned you weren't available to help with the emergency. Seems that we both regret our exchange of words.

I am fine, thanks for asking, and so are the babies. Just planning a trip over to see a new friend on the Gold Coast for a much needed break.

I hope that you travel safely to Sydney and that the induction goes well.

W

Love it!

I think it was fine that you made the decision about the tribunal yourself and emailed them. I urge you to send this email as a follow-up. Otherwise, the cc standing alone will likely come across as hostile/I'm not speaking to you, which is not the way you want to go.

1st
2nd
3rd
Current
Page 50 of 72 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 71 72

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard