Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 52 of 87 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 86 87
J
JCJ Offline
J
Hey Cas

Yes, I am better than yesterday. Yesterday was horrible, it threw me back to how I felt when it was all so raw. Today isn't so bad.

H emailed me today in reply to my financial stuff (I haven't mentioned D yet). His last phrase was 'Would be nice to see you sometime to catch up.'. Of course the first paragraph was full of excuses as to why he hadn't been in contact before. Sorry to hijack, I guess I'm just ranting a bit. smile

It's such a different way of living over there. I'm always torn between the two as I thought about moving over there but I would miss England too much with all it's quirks. Still, the sun, sea and pools are a massive draw.

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
D
OP Offline
D
Julia,
It appears H is being consistent.... offering excuses as to why he hasn't caught up with you...best of intentions and all that and then suggesting a catch up. It's like he's relieved that you have initiated things because it allows him to still keep his nice guy image intact.

I'm sure Australia is a very different way of living. Life on the GC is very easy to handle in terms of the climate and it is a more relaxed way of living. Sun, sea, pools and waterways are a huge feature. In Melbourne, of course there is the variety of 4 seasons all in one day and that can drive you crazy! However, with it comes business and culture. Sydney is just plain busy and yet beautiful and of course all the states and territories are so different. Is it possible for you have a test run of life here? Can you take some leave and have a working holiday? It would give you a clearer insight into the Aussie way of life.

D
OP Offline
D
Oz, Rabbit and Nell,
Don't forget in all of this that H has ow and he's had her for 3 years now. He's told me before in one of my pressure moments(of course, long gone now!) that he couldn't try to work on our M because he was in a R! At the time my sarcastic part wanted to say.....wasn't an issue for you before!!

D
OP Offline
D
Came across the email from H requesting my solicitor's contact details to organise settlement so I bit the bullet and sent it to him. Also sent him an email to request that kids stay with him for my next surgery. He replied to say that would be fine and asked dates. I said I would confirm after Thurs and he replied again ok. He made no reply to the solicitor details.

E
E
Oh (((Cas))) - no words from me as I just plain don't know what to say. 3 yrs with ow does seem like an awfully long time and I applaud you hanging out that long.

I'm sorry that you are facing yet more surgery. Will this be the last?

You will know when the time is right and maybe that's what has now allowed you to 'bite the bullet' and send the details to your H.

Do something REALLY nice for yourself today.

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
D
OP Offline
D
Nell, I'm really ok. I love H but i know either way, I'm fine! I'm intersted that he made no reply...not even thanks which would be his usual response.

Anyway brief snippet of today's convo: H and I discussing his new house. I make observation that he seems more settled, more peaceful since his move. We say it's about having your patch; your roots. Then by text

W: Ha, guess we're all happier when we have roots
H: Guess so
W:Suppose happiness depends on how good they are wink
H: Hope u have a good 1
W: Oh, I'm certainly planning on it wink

D
OP Offline
D
So Nell, went to coffee with a friend this morning and had a lovely catch up. Chatted to another friend on the phone and then went with D to do some shopping but bought nothing! Home tonight...yawn

E
E
Oh good job Cas. Even though you bought nothing, it's still out and about and who knows who you might bump in to?!!

I am planning to take the train up to the city next weekend. I don't know whether or not to call the ex-colleague who's W has just flown back to the UK as a WAW ... I have sent him a few messages of support and [strength] but only get a short response back. He says he's doing OK but someone planted a seed in my mind that he may be afraid that I am hitting on him and now I am paralysed by that thought!! I most certainly am not and would not - he's 10 years my junior and neither of us fancy one another, nor are either of us along the path far enough yet where we would even consider dating anyone!

I don't know whether to call/email him and ask if he would like to meet up, if he is in the city ... what do you think??

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
D
OP Offline
D
Yep, call him, I say. You can support each other. I have a great male friend who hasn't said anything but I got the impression that if I did he would have been interested. In conversation about H he was quickly aware that I just wasn't ready and then along the way I'd drop little lines in like "All my friends are trying to match me up but I'm just not ready/interested." Its made it very clear for both of us.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Cas05
"All my friends are trying to match me up but I'm just not ready/interested." Its made it very clear for both of us.

When I say that nell I mean it made it clear for him and by saying this out loud I knew I had not been misleading or giving impressions that I was at all interested in a relationship. We are mates and mates only.

Page 52 of 87 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 86 87

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard