Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 48 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 47 48
E
E
OMG - I've just gone cold - that was the exact scenario of my last riding experience but one! My horse stumbled and I went sailing over her shoulder - couldn't kick my foot free of the stirrup and got dragged for a while across the Welsh mountains - head bouncing along the uneven terrain as I kicked and twizzled. I blame that day on my current insanities!

Yes OK - I shall go 50/50 with you, seeing that you are a pal!

Thought that you would like the analogy but I'm sure, all jokes aside, that it doesn't hurt as a precaution. It's why we wear riding hats - just incase!

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
L
OP Offline
L
Ouch Nell that sounds pretty painful, these welshies sure have hootspa as they say! I rode my mates this summer, he has been in semi retirement and we went up over the ridgeway and my mate said shall we trot, and Dan didnt need asking twice two strides of trot then into canter, it was like riding a flying wooley bear, he had completely forgotten he is twenty one, it was just him and auntie rabbit agaisnt the world bless him..

Funny you should say about precautions, I said to my chum yesterday about pull back and she said its so good knowing to expect it as without knowing it would be so much more painful.

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

Once lost but now found and happily married again!
L
OP Offline
L
Morning all, hope you are all fine!

Babycakes is doing well, she is lying in the lounge in a spot of sunshine toasting her little self. I really should be getting on with chores but feel loathed to move incase I disturb her. Sent H a piccie of her looking very cute yesterday with "hi daddy, thanks for looking after me x babycakes" and H replied "thanks for the cute piccie, just settling down to watch telly x"

One of the things I forgot to report was whilst LM thursday night and in the spirit of "I'd like you do this" I asked H to say my name, he hasnt said it for months now! Well I expected it once but he kept saying it over and over, which was just music to my ears.. Then sunday tea time I said something sassy and got the "lost rabbit you naughty girl" to which he got an extra big squidgey hug.. So my small steps are happening!

Shall leave him be for today, and let him phone me now, he's got to take some of the responsibility for making this relationship work now, but we wont be telling him that lol! He has his first evening class tonight, Im really excited for him because its something he has wanted to do for ages, if he ever comes home I really must help him find suitable alternatives for things he has enjoyed at HIS PLACE, note he doesnt call it home!

Last edited by Lost Rabbit; 09/29/09 09:30 AM.

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

D
D
So glad Babycakes is recuperating soundly now. Things are looking good for you LR. Keep up the great work!

Cas

L
OP Offline
L
Quiet day really, Babycakes is fine, although still sleeping a lot bless her. Popped to the chiro today to get sore sacro/sacrum fixed its feeling a lot better now, although note to self sassy new high heels not good for shopping in lol!

Interesting chat with S tonight, was telling him how nice he was to come over and spend eve with H whilst I was away, and he said "ooh yeah this came right outta the blue from Dad" Apparently in the middle of conversation S cant even remember how it came out, H said "three weeks ago I thought I knew what I wanted and now I havent got a clue"

Rabbit is going to bed quietly smiling and very happy!

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

G
G
Hi LR

Have just been catching up on your thread. You are doing really really well I don't think you will have to worry so much about a pull back from your H, just stay the course and smile quietly to yourself of how much progress you have made.

Trying to keep hope alive
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks Oz, Im just very wary of being very very slow and careful, feel a bit like this is do or die at the moment. Although it was nice to hear that from S, and Im sure H would know that would get back to me, although to be fair to S he has maintained a steady middle path all the way through this.

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

Lost Rabbit #1847414 09/30/09 07:43 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Well after last nights revelation from S I am feeling quite happy! If I have got Mr Rabbit in a tailspin that is fabulous news, just hope he doesnt spend too much time talking himself out of it this week!

It suddenly occurred to me that not only have I been DB'ing Mr Rabbit some of it has rubbed off on me with how to deal with S and he is responding so much better to things, we have always been close, but I found letting go of him hard and have probably been a bit control/fix it with him. He has bought a new car recently but although I advised him it was given and left and no reaction if he chose to follow his own path, very hard for a mother who wants to fix things but I didnt! I do wonder how much H has been saying LR has changed and S agreeing with him who knows!

Need to start thinking up some special things to do when H comes up again, it would be nice to treat it a bit holidayish although we will have to be very careful with money. Need to get on with reading 5LL's again and work out what floats Mr Rabbit's boat so to speak!

Im in quite a bit of pain today, chiro really beat me up as I was quite locked up, so surfing from my bed at the moment, didnt get a very good nights sleep as babycakes went kitchen cupboard nosing and knocked and empty wine bottle on the floor so was up at four cleaning up the glass!

Other good news on the GAL front I am off to a tap dancing class thursday night with S's future MIL, only trouble is I cant find my tap shoes which is a pain, so fingers crossed I find them today!

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

E
E
Well done Rabbit ... For you, what I am most pleased about is how you have lifted your mood over the past few weeks since you arrived here. The changes with H and S are a bonus and you must be feeling chuffed with yourself.

They say that success breeds success and I think that seeing the steps forward that you have made, must make you feel more positive in your heart - which gives your head AND your heart a lift. Backpeddle to Nell and see the opposite scenario!

Sorry that the chiro has beaten you up but again, no pain no gain - you will be feeling the benefit soon!

Ha! Talk to me about naught cats and being up at 4am. Try 03.30hrs for me this morning! In fairness, I woke with a start but they were not long behind me and demanding to go out. I finally got out of bed at 04.45hrs and gave them their wish. I feel bad having them locked in all day but not much I can do. C15 is out there now, knocking the cat flap to come in!!

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
L
OP Offline
L
First thing this morning I sent a jolly message to H about what were his plans for moving money around today so I could go get some out, and that big bed seemed so empty without him.. as I hit send I thought no shouldnt have added that last bit!

Five hours later quite frustrated with no reply I asked politely for an answer still no reply, truth is H said he was going to be paid today, well its the last day of Sept and usually he gets paid on the first of the month and I kept thinking hes avoiding telling me he was wrong..

So finally my brain kicked in and checked bank account - its there so sent a rescue txt hopefully that said "thank you should have looked at banking silly me x" Well if that was a test I hope he saw I cant always be perfect and sometimes it takes a while for the old penny to drop but Im willing to say sorry and get it right! Hope I havent messed up I didnt let my panic kick in although it may seem so to him.

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

Page 23 of 48 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 47 48

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard