Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 103 of 114 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 113 114
O
O
The creative types are rarely the stable types. Do a search for "Madness + Creativity" sometime and see what you find.

Nonetheless you deserve a call back

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
A
OP Offline
A
Do guys actually wait on purpose (a la Swingers)?

Oh, and basically I'm in trouble because I love creative types (maybe once I'm more stable I'll find a balance)...right now I'm feeling pretty loopy and equally vulnerable. All the reason not to date, right?

Last edited by aliveandkicking; 10/06/09 06:01 AM.

D
D
Originally Posted By: aliveandkicking
Well, it was awesome...stupid and young and fun and I know 100% that he had a great time...but no text or call today. That is not how I roll. Makin' out and having a great time till ridiculous hours...I want some kind of check-in, feedback, anything.

He is too in the scene anyway but talented, intelligent, politically aligned...not exactly a stable choice given his profession and age (and love of a should be legal substance). But, I am attracted to the creative types.

I just don't like putting myself out there. I am such a straight up person and this is game-town.

Sorry AKK. That sucks.

Maybe in the future, less making out, home earlier, on the first date.

Oh, and move somewhere else.

Do you think maybe creative types are also attacted to you?

1st
2nd
3rd
Current
D
D
Originally Posted By: orangedog
The creative types are rarely the stable types. Do a search for "Madness + Creativity" sometime and see what you find.

Is there any real data to suggest it must be so? Or do creative types simply use that as a bullsh*t excuse to act as if the rules don't apply to them them? Or . . . do we as a culture in some way expect, and even require, that someone have a dysfunctional lifestyle in order to qualify as a bond fide "creative type".

(My H is an artist. Can you tell?)

1st
2nd
3rd
Current
A
OP Offline
A

Quote:
Sorry AKK. That sucks.

Am I over-reacting? Do guys sometimes wait on purpose?

Quote:
Maybe in the future, less making out, home earlier, on the first date.

Ya, well, I'm impressed at my restraint. There was some serious sexual chemistry from moment one...it was fun. I can live with it.

Quote:
Oh, and move somewhere else.

Yes, contemplating that.

Quote:
Do you think maybe creative types are also attacted to you?

Yes, creative types are attracted to me especially because I am at heart, a creative type myself and I have some kind of crazy vibe I'm giving off right now (gee, I wonder why)...

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: Dudess
Originally Posted By: orangedog

Is there any real data to suggest it must be so? Or do creative types simply use that as a bullsh*t excuse to act as if the rules don't apply to them them? Or . . . do we as a culture in some way expect, and even require, that someone have a dysfunctional lifestyle in order to qualify as a bond fide "creative type".

(My H is an artist. Can you tell?)

Of course it is an excuse. I was an impulsive creative type but when I had my kids, I got it together. Creative types tend to be kind of narcissistic if given too many accolades and success...makes sense.

So, I can go out with a struggling broke artist who makes me his muse or get treated like crap...yes, I realize there are other options. grin

D
D

So, I can go out with a struggling broke artist who makes me his muse or get treated like crap...yes, I realize there are other options. grin

Yeah, at least my H was past the struggling/broke stage. I got treated like crap by a successful artist. smirk

1st
2nd
3rd
Current
D
D

Am I over-reacting? Do guys sometimes wait on purpose?

I think some do. They don't want to appear too anxious. Maybe next day call back is only mandatory if they make it to the promised land.

Originally Posted By: AKK
I'm impressed at my restraint. There was some serious sexual chemistry from moment one...it was fun.

Good girl! Did you wear your ugly panties?

1st
2nd
3rd
Current
O
O
It's not just BS. A link between madness and creativity has long been suspected and was discussed even by the ancient Greeks. There is a lot current research on the topic. A good scholarly read on the subject is "Touched by Fire" by Kay Redfeld Jamison. Not all authors & artists have problems - but they seem to have more than fair share.

--
Need to have an alt lifestyle to be creative? Not necessarily. (O'dog anecdotal evidence here) Some of the people I work with and went to school wear boring shirts with buttons (O'dog included). Some really have that alt/bohemian thing going. And some are just posers (too bad it doesn't help their work).

O'dog
(Who has an art degree, works in a creative field, and showers every day).

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
A
OP Offline
A
Quote:
Good girl! Did you wear your ugly panties?

Nope, I actually told him up front that I didn't want it to go there. And even with some drinks in me, I stuck to it.

But we still had quite a good time without him making it down my pants.

Page 103 of 114 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 113 114

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard