Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24
W
OP Offline
W
Tristan I know you are right but I don't have a lot of hope when I have heard the same variation of "no feelings for me, not in love", etc. So much back and forth just wears a guy down.

M 33, W 30, SD 10, D 5, S 4

Made it through the WAW, living happily together now. And I am much wiser for it!
W
OP Offline
W
Tristan I know you are right but I don't have a lot of hope when I have heard the same variation of "no feelings for me, not in love", etc. So much back and forth just wears a guy down.

Made it through the WAW, living happily together now. And I am much wiser for it!
W
OP Offline
W
Took the kids to a zoo a few hours away this weekend...made it an overnight stay...even took the step D. We had a great time. This is while the wife went to a halloween party. She saw the pics when we got back and I could tell she knew she missed out.

Tonight I am bringing the kids over and she wants me to stay for dinner. I am planning on hanging around for a few then I have other plans.

Weekends are always like this...by Sunday she is sad but once she gets to work on Monday that place turns her into someone else.

T
T
Originally Posted By: wanttobebetter

I know. That is why GAL'ing is important, it helps mantain your energy.

Me: 36, W: 33, M: 10 yrs
Bomb: 1/09, Seperated: 9/09, Piecing Begins: 10/09

My story: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...t=91&page=1
E
E
Originally Posted By: wanttobebetter
She saw the pics when we got back and I could tell she knew she missed out.

Same thing here. Took S to an event Friday night (school Halloween thing). W seems like she felt like she missed out, but heaven knows she wouldn't say anything.

As for the getting worn down after being told how unloved you are...I totally get it. It kind of plays in your head like a broken record doesn't it? I think that the whole GAL thing really does help though.

"Get a life" seems to be a bit of a broken record on these boards too, but there is something to it. It helps you feel better and makes you more interesting, and makes the W wonder what you're up to smile

Me: 35
W: 31
S:9
M: 10 years
Together 13
MySitch - Ups & Downs
She moved out the day before Thanksgiving 2009, over 13 months post-bomb.
D
D
I'll chime in too. I've really been struggling with the rejection from my S. GAL really, really does help! With fall coming, seems much easier to keep busy with the fall festivals and Halloween events. Keep yourself distracted and have fun.

I've been doing all the things my H wouldn't want to do anyway. smile

M40, H39
M17 T20
D13, S12
H moved out 05/09
D filed 1/10
E
E
How you holding up?

Me: 35
W: 31
S:9
M: 10 years
Together 13
MySitch - Ups & Downs
She moved out the day before Thanksgiving 2009, over 13 months post-bomb.
W
OP Offline
W
Well staying with GAL is working. Sunday night she basically confessed to me she is jealous of me because I have my life together. I made my changes and are sticking with them. She wants to be with me but she needs to get herself together to where she can look at herself in the mirror because I have everything together and am so strong!

This DB stuff works and works well. You just have to wait it out. I don't know where we will end up but I am better for it.

She was off work yesterday and came back with stuff to stay with and said she is all in with me. When I got home yesterday she had painted one of the kids rooms..on top of having a good therapy session yesterday.

Let's see how the week plays out and we can go from there! My point is to GAL, patience and keeping control of yourself are the most important things I have learned from this board.

T
T
Excellent! Be ready for more ups and downs, but you are doing great.

Me: 36, W: 33, M: 10 yrs
Bomb: 1/09, Seperated: 9/09, Piecing Begins: 10/09

My story: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...t=91&page=1
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Tristan. By now I know how the ride goes so I am more ready for the ride and what to expect. I am more in control of myself and my W is really communicating with me which is what I have been wanting all along.

The people and info on this board are true lifesavers.

Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard