Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 53 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 52 53
S
S
Originally Posted By: frank_D
I have set mine free.

Whatever happens next will be because God chooses it.

Dont forget about free will.

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: KerryK
Originally Posted By: frank_D
I have set mine free.

Whatever happens next will be because God chooses it.

Dont forget about free will.

I never forget that. I'll let him choose for me only.

Current Thread

S
S
frank,

Don't know about "free will" but pop over to my thread. I realized what "standing" is.

I'm gonna have to work on that "free will" thing and let you know what I come up with.

"Fear is the mind-killer" Muad'Dib
Me 53, XW 44, DD 14, DS 12
Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
X married OM(OMH) 08/2009
Married 06/09/13
F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: sleeper
frank,

Don't know about "free will" but pop over to my thread. I realized what "standing" is.

I'm gonna have to work on that "free will" thing and let you know what I come up with.

You and me Sleeper. We're on the same quest. It's not 'standing' as in sitting around waiting. It's 'standing till we know it's over'. Only WE can break the cycle. And that's the real challenge. Will us breaking the cycle change them, or will they fail to grow?

Only time will tell.

Current Thread

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Today I wrote an awesome program to send twitters out to 'followers' when certain events happen in you main user account.

I feel good that I can use my gifts to do these things (and get paid) In about 30 days there will be a new service for facebook and twitter users that will be announced that I am building now.

That's cool.

Current Thread

G
G
The program thing...very cool.

Quote:
It's not 'standing' as in sitting around waiting. It's 'standing till we know it's over'. Only WE can break the cycle. And that's the real challenge. Will us breaking the cycle change them, or will they fail to grow?

This is awesome. Just what I needed today.

You should be proud of yourself on more than one level ^.^

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: Grace_O
The program thing...very cool.

This is awesome. Just what I needed today.

You should be proud of yourself on more than one level ^.^

Thank you Grace. I am far from working it right. All I have learned it that 'wrong' doesn't work.

Current Thread

G
G
At least you know when something isn't working. I still slip back sometimes (into what doesn't work) and I'm getting much better at spotting it quickly and saying <with a smile and possibly a wink> "working on that". If I never get great at it, I'm ok with that. Givin' it my best. You are too.

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Out of the blue STBX called me yesterday because, she said, she felt compelled to let me know that she appreciates all the time I spent with her teaching her how to use a computer. Said that she knows it was hard for me to be patient because she was afraid she couldn't learn how to make brochures, use e-mail and other things to promote her massage business.

She said she's grateful I didn't give up on her because now she is very comfortable doing these things.

I really didn't know what to say, so I remembered what BrandNewDay told me the other day, that they are often looking for approval or some other kind of positive response, so I thanked her for her comments.

Today D14 stayed home from school for a 'mental health' day. I called STBX and asked her what's up as D14 seemed pretty upbeat yesterday. STBX said she was asked to write something about herself for a school project in English class and she could only think about the divorce and related things. So she decided to write about her dog Diamond (the one we put to sleep recently) and what a great dog she was. STBX said D14 cried herself to sleep last night.

STBX said that it's hard for the kids to deal with divorce and it will just take time. No sadness in her voice.

One good thing is she's going to go to Al Anon and take the girls. I told her that was a great idea. I'm hoping that she might see her role in that situation. I already see mine.

I look at these things as positives. Healing steps. This is a turning point. Where it takes us is not for me to know right now but healing is a good thing regardless of the end of the marriage.

Current Thread

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I spent a great time with D14 yesterday. Things are improving a lot with our relationship and it feels good. She's into Transformers comics now so we went to a cool comic store to get some new ones she had to have so she can have bragging rights with her friends.

Current Thread

Page 9 of 53 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 52 53

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard