Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 87 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 86 87
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks for the cushion tip....I did use a 'cough pillow' in hospital and they made you cough...now that was painful. Current coughing just makes me sore but not excrutiating, thankfully.

Nell, I have found the no contact relatively easy. However, it's easy while nothing out of the ordinary is happening.

I could relate to you wanting to contact H re the interview. It's part of you wanting to be affirmed by him as it has been in the past. It really is best that you don't. It will be great for you to score a job. You would then be more independent, giving H even less control over you.

I have been quite dependant on H in many ways and he has helped me quite a lot but I am now working to become more independent and less reliant on him. Father's Day this Sunday and I don't know what kids have organised, if anything. That's a 180 for me!

E
E
I hear you Cas. You are undoubtedly right but I am struggling so badly. If we had kids I think that things would be different. If I had a social support network, things would be different. I am here, practically on my own - that's what makes it different for me - and he knows it.

H says that he feels the same way in that he has no friends an no-one to talk to. I have offered to talk to him about what it is that troubles him but he says "you won't want to talk about my issues" - from that, I mean that his issues are with ow and her baggage - and her living so far away. No, I can offer no sympathy on that one but it's crossed my mind if I should validate his feelings and say "it's OK, you can talk to me about it" - whatever it costs emotionally. It might earn me big points but I don't think that he would do it for a moment and also, I don't think that I would cope with the conversation at all.

Fathers Day - huh! I got that one wrong and thought it was last week! I therefore hid his card inside a box that he was taking from the house with him ... he must have thought that I have completely lost it!! Ah well.

Really struggling here today. Look like hell and leaving for the interview in twenty minutes. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread!!

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
G
G
Hi Cas

Glad your boss made you have the day off, I have a great boss as well, which makes it so much easier when you aren't well.

Make sure you take care, lots of rest and lots of DVD's.

((((((Cas))))))

Oz

Trying to keep hope alive
D
OP Offline
D
My boss is a wonderful lady Oz. She started when I came back to work from sick leave in 2006 and she has been such a wonderful support to me. I feel incredibly blessed to work with her.

E
E
What a lovely thing to say - wouldn't we all like that said about us?

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

J
JCJ Offline
J
Just saying hi!

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
G
G
Hi Cas

I hope you are feeling okay tonight and I hope you had a nice restful day. Make sure you keep resting on the weekend too.

((((Cas))))

Trying to keep hope alive
D
OP Offline
D
Hi Oz,

Feling better today....I did cough lots and lots last night so I am pretty sore today... that annoying tickle.... I have a pretty free weekend so am looking forward to more resting. Wouldn't mind going to a movie but it looks like a miserable day so might just stay at home. D needs to go the library and to work on her assignment so I'll help her, do some baking and watch a DVD. I think I also need to make some more definite goals for 2010.

Enjoy reading on your balcony

Cas

E
E
Hey Cas - are you taking any cough medicine? If so, add about 50mls of boiling water to it, before drinking. It really helps!

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

D
OP Offline
D
I did laugh Nell when I read of the boiling water....50mls should about burn the throat out and then there'd definitely be no tickle left wink

Thanks, I will try that tonight

Page 30 of 87 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 86 87

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard