Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 72 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 71 72
G
G
Oh Nell,when I first arrived at the site, all I did was sit here every minute of the day constantly refreshing and refreshing the screen. It is just a shame that you appear to be so far from anything in the way of shopping centres and other things as it would help you immensely.

I know it is a pain and the drive is long but have you considered setting aside a couple of days during the week to go into town, even if it is just for coffee and a wander around shops, that way you are out and about around people.

I wouldn't wait to get your hair done, I would do that as soon as you are able and plan some other treats for yourself on that date, treat yourself to lunch and a movie (yes you can go alone, I have done it and I survived).

((((Nell))))

Trying to keep hope alive
E
OP Offline
E
Thanks Oz - I've lifted my funk ... a little.

I'm out of my jimjams and the shower ... best perfume on (secondary to the one that I smashed last week) and I have just put down the phone from making my hair appointment for on my A. I am considering it as H's gift to me ... as I know that there will be nothing else. I have that to look forward to. If he's speaking to me by then, I shall thank him for it!

I am dressed and now going to nip to the supermarket to get some essentials. I may see one of my new friends, as she works there, so that would be a bonus but I hate to bother her when she is at work. (Actually, she always calls me, if she spots me)!

My babies are close by today ... they feel the funk and have abandoned their day at play to be beside me. What more can anyone ask for?

OK - will check in again later but off to do a few things that I have neglected whilst in funk-mode over the past few days.

Thanks for being there!

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
G
G
Good for you Nell, talk later then.

E
OP Offline
E
Ha! Talk about what we sow we reap! Just back from the store, met up with the friend and we had coffee as it was her lunch break - yes, she spotted me!

Went back in to the store after that and got my essentials ... cell phone rings and I am told that I have an interview at 10am tomorrow! I'm really laughing at this as yesterday I was so cross with the agent that I told her to withdraw my name - seems that getting tough has got me somewhere! Would that have happened if I had stayed moping around the house? Maybe, but maybe not. So, I learn that if we want things to happen, we have to act ... !

My #2 cat just acted - I went to let #1 cat in from the garden and #2 took her chance to lick the squirty cream from my fresh fruit salad on my desk!! I couldn't be cross with her - she's so cute and that's the first time she has ever done anything bad like that before!! These are the moments I want to ring H and tell him how funny it was .... but of course, I do not. He is missing out.

Bought some product for the lawn but can't go work that magic now as the rain is due any time. Also, not much time before I go see the tax accountant but it will fill my afternoon after I get back from the interview tomorrow.

Interestingly, interview is about 10 minutes drive from H's work and, with it being a Friday, the temptation to ring him to meet for coffee (as we often did) is quite large. Should I hold out or would this be seen as a good move as I am there off the back of an interview? I don't think that I shall though ... if he can't/won't meet with me, that would set me up for an awful weekend. Perhaps I shall remain dark and not undo all of my good work. Temptation is overwhelming though. Any thoughts ... ?

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

G
G
I am so happy for you Nell getting an interview, I will keep my fingers crossed for you, it is fantastic news.

Pets are funny our dog does things like that, as soon as you leave something unattended for even a second, it's gone.

I personally wouldn't undo your good work on being dark but on the other hand it is a good chance to have some contact so he can see how good you look and how well you are.

This is my thoughts but as I am not "dark" I don't know the consequences of making contact first, so will leave this one to the experts.

I understand though how tempting it would be though.

I am so excited for you Nell ((((((Nell))))

E
OP Offline
E
Aaaw, thanks Oz! I'm not holding out too much hope and it's apparently a 3 month temp position with a view to being permanent. 30hr/week injury management for Coles.

Would be great if I could get it. May take a load of pressure off me and H ... I wonder how much that would change life, if at all??

Yeah, don't know what to do about contacting him ... kind of in this groove now and I want to make a point. I stand to lose a lot if it backfires and only 3/4hr of 'us' time if I succeed. Maybe on that basis, I shall leave well alone and wait it out - then I may get an evening out of it!! If I get the job, there will be plenty of opportunity in the future ... !

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

G
G
That would be a great job Nell, but just remember it is to take pressure of YOU not your H. We are thinking of Nell now remember, no one else, JUST NELL AND ONLY NELL and of course your princesses.

Hopefully some of the wise ones will advise you on the contacting point later on once they all either get up or get home from work.

E
OP Offline
E
I know - you just can't help bringing them in to everything - it's a hard habit to drop.

Just considering flicking H an email about the lawns - he was supposed to be coming up with instructions on the special lawn food which is a bit of a science because of the type of grass that we have. He was keen that it doesn't die as it cost such a heap to put down. Grass is getting more white by the day and I am concerned about it. Do I just flick him his previous email about the lawns and say 'grass is white' or do I just leave well alone .... ? He won't have remembered this and it's a big deal, as far as I am concerned. It's a lot of money to replace ...

Out the door now ... tax calls.

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

M
M
No. do not contact him.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
E
OP Offline
E
Thanks Stuck ... you know that I am desperately hanging out but seems like the only person I am hurting right now is me. When is this going to end?? Dark Day 8 and nothing ....

Been to the tax accountant and feel good about my refund! Now considering the outcome of that:

1) Do I tell H and declare everything - which I know will really be a bad move as he will make me pay 1/2 the outgoings next month and the month after until all my money is gone

2) Do I go buy myself a new laptop, which would really make ME feel better but I wouldn't be able to import all my stuff from my PC as I don't know how to do it!! Also need to get car serviced.

3) Tuck my money away for a 'rainy day'?

4) Go back to the UK and get the ball rolling on D'ing H ... regardless of how 'disadvantaged' he is due to my actions. (Evidently, don't really want to do this but it may give him the shock of his life - it would be a BIG LRT).

Mmm, as always, I have spent this refund 1000 times over!!

Last edited by Eskimo Nell; 09/03/09 08:38 AM.

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

Page 8 of 72 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 71 72

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard