Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23
R
R
Just thinking out loud here. This may have worked better. (Of course hindsight is 20/20) End conversations first. Avoid D talk like the plague. Become mysterious......

Quote:
W: Wait can't you talk to me.

Quote:
Not right now. Have a great day! (All said with a very happy tone).

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
G
GoBison Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Yeah probably should have but at least I know now what is going on. Or at least that she is still moving toward D. As I did not know what she wanted and I was trying to be somewhat caring of her I went with what she had to say. Would it have made a difference to her probably not as she already talked to a L. Does it make a difference to me yeah probably helps me detach more.

"Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" Matthew 6:33
R
R
Originally Posted By: GoBison
I really don't know what I should do at this point.
Always do your best. Make a choice with all the information you know and you will have no regrets.

Quote:
I am still thinking going dark as she is still extremely upset and I know trying to talk to her will just lead to R talks.
It sounds like you know what to do.

Quote:
And she really wants nothing to do with me.
If you love something, set it free. If this is what she wants, why stand in her way.....

Quote:
She is gone this weekend and I will be gone for 10 days the next weekend. When I get back is when she wants to file. That is about 3 weeks.
Good time to work on you. What books do you plan on reading? What GAL will you do? What 180's will you do for YOU?

Quote:
I can contest the divorce on no counseling until the end of the year if I choose. Going to ponder that for now and wait those 3 weeks.

Quote:
Right now I really don't think I have any other choice than to go dark.
You have lots of choices. What is the best choice for you? It sounds like going dark is.

Here is a question to ask yourself:

Is it better to go dark and have her wondering about you, or to have you in her space and reminding her that she wants out?

Making permanent changes to YOU is what is important right now. Keep projecting happy, confident, strong, cool, empathetic...

Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
R
R
Originally Posted By: GoBison
Yeah probably should have but at least I know now what is going on. Or at least that she is still moving toward D. As I did not know what she wanted and I was trying to be somewhat caring of her I went with what she had to say. Would it have made a difference to her probably not as she already talked to a L. Does it make a difference to me yeah probably helps me detach more.
Information is good. I saw that you made a decision to end the call, then she manipulated you and kept you hanging on......

Amor Fati
G
GoBison Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Not too sure about what books I will be reading this weekend but I plan to go to a little outdoor gathering. Drink a little too much beer and talk to some women. Probably go workout somewhere in there and stay away from the house. The 180 that I need to work on is worrying about a possible D and what wife may or may not do in the future or is doing now.

"Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" Matthew 6:33
E
E
GoBison,
I'm just curios about what you said on contesting divorce on grounds of no counseling.What is that about?

E
E
Actually I have heard about judges ordering counseling for a pre set time before going back.Is this what you were refering to?

S
S
I think he may have been answering me.

I told my H I would contest the divorce on the grounds we never sought professional help. In this state, it's no fault so he would get his divorce, but his lawyer did confirm to him what mine told me.....because we have a child esp. if the judge knows one person wants to save it, and not every rock has been over turned there's a very very good chance the judge would say Go to MC. And then if that happens the judge may even selected the MC and set an amount of time or sessions we have to go to.

H wanted nothing to do with that. So he started an at home marriage fitness program at home with me as a compromise....not bad.....he doesn't want to do it anymore, but he still making an effort now.

M-34/H-35/S-4
Bomb-11-08
OW confirmed 12-08-OW ends 6-09
D finalized 4-10
Stronger=Happy
G
GoBison Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I am from MN and it is also a no fault state. If you live apart for less than 180 days you can contest the D and they can not file until 180 days is up.

E
E
I am from a fault state.Probably the only one.You need grounds or a legal sep. for a year to file.She has no grounds against me.So I could get it dismissed on no grounds but it could get expensive.It would eventually end up back in court.I was curious more about the counseling part.Having a rough night so far as you can see in my thread.

Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard