Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 32 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32
O
OP Offline
O
Antlers,

Your proceedings sound a little more involved than what we went thru. Our D ended up being more like a mediation with two attys on the side for guidance and document prep.

You'll do fine.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
O
OP Offline
O
Clouds. Makes sense.

Extra cherries in the Manhattan for the lady.

--

I let the She know about the schedule and I got this in return:

"If you need any help, let me know....esp day of surgery, etc.
We'll have to juggle around kid schedule.

I'm here for you!"

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
A
A
Originally Posted By: orangedog
Antlers,

Your proceedings sound a little more involved than what we went thru. Our D ended up being more like a mediation with two attys on the side for guidance and document prep.

You'll do fine.

I know I'll survive, just dealing with a lot of pain and disappointment, in addition to all the legal proceedings that are in motion. I know you can relate to it.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
G
G
Originally Posted By: antlers
Originally Posted By: orangedog
Antlers,

You'll do fine.

I know I'll survive, just dealing with a lot of pain and disappointment, in addition to all the legal proceedings that are in motion. I know you can relate to it.
I'm exactly there right now, myself a la mediator meetings. We can all relate.

And we will all do fine.
We will all be fine, again, too.

Hang in there. Sometimes all you can do, all you can summon up from your over-depleted reserves is: endure.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

A
A
Thanks Gardener.

I wish I knew what the cure for rejection is?

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
G
G

Me too.
Bottom line of how I ultimately feel about all this: rejected and discarded.

And after months of (and still) cycling through the whole spectrum of emotions on this, I now more and more find myself - disappointed. Just deeply disappointed in her.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

D
Dia Offline
D
The cure for rejection is an unshakeable *interior* belief in your own self-worth.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
A
A
Originally Posted By: Gardener

Me too.
Bottom line of how I ultimately feel about all this: rejected and discarded.

And after months of (and still) cycling through the whole spectrum of emotions on this, I now more and more find myself - disappointed. Just deeply disappointed in her.

I feel the same way Gardener! It's like a death of my hopes and dreams and what I thought my future was going to be.

A
A
Originally Posted By: Dia
The cure for rejection is an unshakeable *interior* belief in your own self-worth.

I believe that Dia, I really do! But how do you get that?

Self-worth takes a big hit in situations like these, especially if you're a LBS!

D
Dia Offline
D
Getting it *is* a little difficult, and I've been in the LBS position.

1) Disconnect yourself from your W's alleged evaluation of you. You feel rejected because SHE rejected you. You feel discarded because you think SHE discarded you. Stop that!

2) If you have C, ask your C very directly to help you with this. I spent a year and a half in weekly therapy. Do the work.

3) Mind your health and appearance, and GAL. These things really help.

4) Seek out the good in yourself and revel in it. Examine it. Appreciate it. Claim it and own it.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
Page 29 of 32 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard