Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 25 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 24 25
poet #1786372 06/20/09 02:25 AM
P
P
poet, Men are not good listeners because they feel such a failure when they don't have the solution. They think and behave so differently from women. My H didn't listen to me either. It's the way they are wired. Read "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn or "Love & Respect" by Emerson Eggerichs.

PH's Thread
jojo1 #1786375 06/20/09 02:28 AM
P
P
Dear jojo, Surrender your H to God. There is life apart from your H. It's possible to enjoy life without him. Doesn't mean you give up on him. Just emans that while he's away, you can still live in the moment and enjoy life. Do that. Make it a goal. The side effect, even though shouldn't be the reason you do it, is that your H will be more attracted to the happy, peaceful, independent you.

PH's Thread
J
J
thank you PH, I'm trying. I do want to enjoy life apart from A. I want to feel attractive and feel that I look attractive (confidence)!

Thanks again for your terrific insight and timely encouragement!

big hug,

jojo
J
J
current status:

1.) went to gym yesterday before work. pushed myself, but I made it.
2.) went out for drinks with friends after work. had a good time. we all agreed that it was good to go out with each other and should do it more often to be able to build friendly relationships with each other.
3.) saw family briefly this morning for father's day gathering at my brother's house. short & sweet.
4.) went to dinner with friend from work.
5.) between yesterday and today we shared a lot of laughs at work.
6.) talked to mom on the phone about how I miss A and wish we were at the point where A & I were talk daily.
7.) trying to make it two weeks without contacting him.
a.) this time, I'm concentrating on the gym and having my friends over.
8.) asked my friend to come over to do some crafts with me because I have a big basement and I'd like the company. I suggested that we could also do our art stuff on mky porch. Hopefully this weekend.

jojo
jojo1 #1787181 06/22/09 02:58 PM
P
P
Dear jojo,

Good stuff! It's great that you are spending time with people and also reaching out to invite others to do things with you. You're better at being the one to invite someone to spend time with you. I am working on this.

Hugs, PH

PH's Thread
J
J
Thanks PH for the encouragement! The only person who really encourages me in my personal life is my mother. I'd be lost without her.

In the meantime, I can't seem to kick the blues. I'm hoping that it is PMS charged.

My prayer life has been very intense. I don't feel grateful, but I am. I'd like to feel grateful again.

Thursday night, I have plans with my friends from work to have dinner together. One of them is very anti-A. So, I stay clear of any conversation. And I never like the suggestions made.

I am dreading the 4th of July.

thanks again,

jojo
jojo1 #1788078 06/23/09 05:52 PM
J
J
current status:

1.) feeling better today and more confident.
2.) planning my day off, two rainy days in the forecast
3.) would like to tell A that I miss him
a.) wondering why I can't

jojo
jojo1 #1788291 06/23/09 11:21 PM
J
J
Current Status:

1.) I talked to my brother-in-law who lives in U.K., I am very happy that we talked about my coming to visit him in early August.
a.) I have missed him. He is like a little brother to me.
b.) Since he has been in England, he told me that he hasn't had a chance to visit any sites. We are looking forward to visiting each other for a week.

2.) Been taking care of myself making doctors appt.
a.) primary care appt. on Thursday., I went to dentist last week.
b.) I need to have my thyroid and blood pressure checked.

3.) Tomorrow is my hair appointment. I always look forward to that. Then, I am going to Black & White to buy a dress...at least look at some.

4.) & going to gym.

jojo
jojo1 #1788925 06/24/09 08:39 PM
P
P
Thank you PH for your input.

I really need someone to talk to sometimes. frown I went to see a priest on Monday. He said I seemed happy to him. Little does he know. Oh well. We talked about morals and ethics etc. It was a good talk. He said he may go see my H someday. We'll see.

I called H on the way home and told him about the doggie bowl (automatically keeps water in the bowl) which is broken. So, he said he would fix it.(I had to tell him when I would not be there). Nice, huh?

Anyway, he came home (while I was not there) and fixed it on Tuesday. This is something I had asked him to do two months ago. So, I guess his doing it is a good thing. Still wondering if I should send him a Thank You card???

My priest says that since he has not moved out any of his "stuff" that means he has not really moved out yet. Never thought of it that way. Oh well.

I've been taking care of myself too. I got the lawnmover fixed but then the cord broke. So, back to the shop it must go. I've lopped down many many low lying branches from the trees in our yard. So, were it not for the grass getting too high, my yard looks pretty.

I've been cooking pretty decent meals, and I'm still looking for a job closer to home. Went to see "the proposal" last night, and cried. Wish I had someone to talk to.

Oh well,
take care,
poet

poet #1789026 06/24/09 11:33 PM
J
J
current status:

1.) one week without any contact. maybe I will txt or call him next wednnesday.
2.) got hair done today and went dress shopping. $$$
3.) ate dinner with parents.
4.) going back to Weight Watchers tomorrow.

jojo
Page 12 of 25 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard