Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23
V
OP Offline
V
Previous Thread: Wandering Poster 51-That's 17x3

And another thread dies!

Hugs, food, and drinks! It's getting warm out, I thing there will be a pitcher of Sangria, and Margaritas always ready!

Nothing new to report on the W front. Things are still goign forward.

S11 made up proud, yet again. I took him to his school orientaion last summer, and his teacher told the class that there was a goal for every student to read 5000 pages during the school year, with the reading tracked on a reading log. S11 got worried, and thought that sounded like a lot. I told him he would be surprised, it wasn't as much as it sounded like. Anyway, he reached the 5000 page mark before the end of the first quarter. And, last week or the week before, he hit 20,000 pages. His teacher thought he deserved a reward, and got him a boxed set of the four "Twilight" books, hardcovers! He's a pretty incredible kid!

I'm still planning my trip, when I have the dates figured out, I'll see who I can coordinate with.

B
B
What an amazing kid! I love reading...

Oh, btw, Peach Margarita please! Frozen/blended, with salt. (I am weird) \:\)

Good luck planning the trip. Hope you think of something fun to do!

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
M
M
(((Jeff)))

That's awesome! Glad he likes to read so much. It's funny how quick it adds up. Most of the books I read are a few hundred pages each.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
M
M
You know Jeff, that is fabulous about your son's reading goal. WAY TO GO!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

V
OP Offline
V
(((((mishka)))))(((((Michelle)))))(((((BobbiJo)))))
He is a great kid! And his teachers always love him! For his first book report this year (they were always project type things) he was supposed to make a patchwork sort of presentation. Instead of using paper, which would be expected, he made a real quilt top. W helped, of course, but he really did the work. He used fabric markers and such, and it came out great. Anyway, W had it quilted (she like the piecing, but not the quilting, so much) and put the binding on it, and he gave it to his teacher..... on the same day she gave him the book! What a perfect coincidence! I expect it will be hung in her classroom for some time to come!

As far as my trip....
I think I will leave here the afternoon of June 25th, and fly to Sacramento. I'm hoping to do a rafting trip on the 26th or 27th. Then leave on the 28th on the train for Denver, which gets there the afternoon of the 29th. The golf school (which I need to call this afternoon!) is the 30th to July 2. I want to get home the 5th, or possibly the 6th. Still figuring out the details at that end of the trip. There is an ill DBer that needs a visit, but I am not sure it's going to be possible to fit that in on the way back, in time or money. More thought required.

K
K
Hi Jeff,
I need to plan on my summer vacation also. I really dont know how I will afford to take the kids away and take a week off for myself... \:\(

Do you know yet when your W is mooving out?
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
O
O
(((Handsome)))

I love the sound of the quilt- what a creative idea he had! And I love the sound of your trip, especially golf school- I could do with a bit (a lot!) of that.

You sound great.

L. xx

A
A
Wow.. rafting? Golf school?? Sounds like "man heaven" that Jeff !!

Your son is ace.. I loved reading as a kid too, stands you in such good stead for life, you must be so proud of him !!

xxx

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
M
M
If you get into Sac on Friday, maybe you should do the concert in the park: http://www.downtownsac.org/DSPAPP/V/promo/friday-night-concerts.html

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
V
OP Offline
V
(((((Kalni)))))
I hope you can figure out a way to get time with the kids AND time for yourself! I'm hoping to do something with the kids in July, before school starts. (They start in July in our district, which is pretty unusual. But they get a 3 week break at the beginning of October, when the weather is much better!)

(((((Lisa)))))
Now and then I see a couple at the driving range, or the golf course, and I wonder what it would be like to have a partner like that.... My golfing is really weird! I feel like my irons are getting much more solid, yet the end result doesn't seem to be changing much! Last time out I was hitting over the green pretty regularly, which was a new one for me! Oh, they do have golf schools for two!

(((((Ali)))))
The rafting looks like a lot of fun. I hope to go with some DBers from that area, if we can sort it out. All of our kids read quite a bit.... I did, too, at that age. It is a good thing!

(((((Michelle))))))
That sounds like fun! I might need someone to show me where it is, though!

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard