Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
#175448 09/25/03 07:15 PM
Hey Shiny,

Just had a thought. Isn't that amazing!

G, OW's XH is in Canada all the time a couple of different towns. I have forgotten where it is he tells me he goes now, he really likes it up there, BUT if he goes close to you I COULD send your bottle of special Champagne up with him!!!!

I wouldn't offer just anyone a bottle as we can't just run to the store and pick it up but since I KNOW you would appreciate it.

I have also forgotten where it is in Canada that you are located.

Makes it hard to get the two of you together!

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
#175449 09/25/03 09:31 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi Pam,

I'm up in North Western Ontario...close to the Manitoba border. But DO remember that in this part of the world "close" means about a 6 hour drive!!!

I sincerely doubt a minimum two day detour would make your H happy!!!

But thanks SO much for the thought!!!

Getting hungry...might my all purpose blush go with the chili???

Shiny

#175450 09/25/03 09:38 PM
I'm thinking Merlot or Shiraz!

Actually it is OW's ex H who goes to Canada but I don't remember which towns! Two different ones I remember, will have to ask next time I talk to him.

Pam

#175451 09/25/03 09:41 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I agree with your wine suggestions, madam somalier!

Just think a swish or two of blush is all I have on hand!

Really should go make dinner now....

Shiny

#175452 09/25/03 09:44 PM
NOTHING in the basement??????????????

You need to add some wine to go with your beer crates in your basement!!! Sorry, no visit from David and I am being bad tonight! Was keyed up and winding down.

Sorry, I have a closet full, I would send you a nice bottle if I could!

Blush is better than no wine at all!!!

Pam

#175453 09/26/03 12:13 PM
Quote:

Blush is better than no wine at all!!!

I'm not that sure... Get a Heineken! Works in a pinch.

"You don't throw a whole life away just 'cause it's banged up a little" Tom Smith in "Seabiscuit"
#175454 09/26/03 12:58 PM
Now you're onto something that is near and dear to my heart.

Yea....Wine....

It appears that the topic fermented over on Pam's (PSLUKE) thread and then poured it's way over here.

What a pleasant distraction...eh?

Some of the best wine I've ever tasted was while I was in Argentina. $2 to $3 bottles of the finest.
I've been a bit fussy ever since.

Also, I found that in general, the "white" wines I've tasted while in France, were significantly more pleasant to my palate than many I've tried here in the USA.

I would like to find a moderately priced Cabernet Sauvignon that has some character to it. Care to advice?

Jeannine
#175455 09/26/03 03:15 PM
Hi Shiny,

I hope your blush sort of went with your chili last night.

I put the Champagne in the fridge to chill this morning. I don't have almost a full case. Only 3 or 4 more bottles.

Going to have to try checking on getting another case, this guy does an awesome Riesieling as well! I mean won some major awards with it. Drinks by the fire great!!!

Mentioned to David the other day I have a Riesieling chilling and thought since the evenings are cooling off we needed a fire in the picnic shelter and the Riesieling. He said sounds good!

Hope your cold is still doing better and the kidney is being quiet!

Shame you can't debark it like people do dogs all the time and NO I have not debarked any of my shelties! Although that is a breed that very often has that done to them.

So do I pop the cork tomorrow or see how quietly I can take it off??

Pam

#175456 09/26/03 03:23 PM
Ok, Jeannine,

I'll bite if you wander over to my fermenting thread, list the characteristics you are looking for be glad to try to help out.

Or ask David for you, Cab is his absolute favorite wine!

Me, I prefer white. Love some of the French ones, but also like a lot of domestic and the price better!!!

Pam

#175457 09/26/03 05:29 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hello Ladies! (and any fellas checkin' in! )

The blush went reasonably well!

This one is a 2, that's about as sweet as I go with wine. Although Cabs are not my favourite reds...a little too heavy for me.

I like Merlots, Zinfendels, even blends (although true wine lovers shudder at those). Medium reds with some fruity overnotes are nice for me!

Cold is still on the fence (could go away, could dig in), kidneys are just growling a bit today.

Classes went well. I DID have to give my largest class the "if you persist in chattering you will be asked to leave" talk. And as luck would have it, my boss sat in on my class today (he's writing me a letter for the teaching award).

Half way in we had a "visit" from Bobby Cortola...something of a Canadian Sinatra wannabe from the 1960's. He had an entourage with him!! Lights, cameras action! I may even be on the evening news.

If so MUST remember WHY we look 10 pounds heavier on film: (There IS a legit reason for this!!! )

You see, when we look at ourselves in a mirror, or at others, the slight separation of our two eyes allows us to see somewhat AROUND their three dimensional figure, giving us a wider view of the BACKGROUND behind them.

The camera shoots from a single position causing us to cast a larger "shadow" over the background...our brain then interprets the figure as wider!!!

Positives for today:

1) It's Friday!!!!
2) CJ cleaned the bathroom (which I hate doing! )
3) I don't think I screwed anything up during the lecture!

Shiny

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard