Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
#175438 09/24/03 06:02 PM
I know for sure that some of the SSRI anti-D's (prozac, paxil, Zoloft, celexa, lexipro, etc) are very helpful with PMS. Some more than others, but all to some degree, I think.

#175439 09/24/03 06:20 PM
Well said, Tal. For more info see your medical professional or this web page

"You don't throw a whole life away just 'cause it's banged up a little" Tom Smith in "Seabiscuit"
#175440 09/24/03 11:26 PM
When prozac first came out, and I started using it during the winter months, I made a connection right away that the PMS was almost non-existant.

Now, I take Celexa and Welbutrin through the fall & winter, but that doesn't seem to diminish the PMS symptoms like prozac did. Help a lot with seasonal depression though, so not complaining.

#175441 09/25/03 02:51 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Okay, where's everyone finding these hot photos of themselves!! Even you, Tiger!

My first thought on seeing your photo, Tal? Is her H NUTS!!!!!

I have heard of SSRI's being used for PMDD, I've never heard of them being administered in a two weeks on two weeks off fashion, however.

Well today was tiring. Lecturing on technical stuff (neurons and brain function, clinical assessment) with sore feet and a sore throat.

Got in to see "a" doctor today...my guy is taking over some kind of residency program and hence his insane schedule of late. Got a mandatory med renewed, that's it.

Kidney is still barking, low fever persists, but right now the worst is the sore throat. I make my living with my voice...so it's hot water and lemon, salt gargles, and as little talking as possible.

CJ did several nice things today (picked up breakfast, drove me to work, bought groceries) but by the time I got home, I was so tired and sore and YUCK that I had a few "moments".

First I made an issue out of some frozen ground beef not having time to thaw for chili...(cranky when there's not time for lunch ).

Then when I got home from the doctor and some house supply shopping the smell of...something: stale house, kitty litter...hits me. I ask CJ if he cleaned out the litter boxes (it was garbage day today). He did. I proceed to open the front door to get some air in (quite chilly out here now), then go into the back room to sit.

This is, of course, the room with the lingering odiferous memories of cat "mistakes" long since past...and their scratching post (made of lovely carpet that they tear out in hunks ). The two loungers in there are also cat beds during the day.

I guess it all just hit me. CJ had vacuumed last week, but our vacuum (which hasn't been working properly in over a year) has started giving out about 75% of the way through. So this back room was the victim last week.

That night I mentioned to CJ that when he does finish, please be sure to suck up the "cat" growing in the corners of the gold chair (I mean a whack of fur! ).

It just didn't get done, and I couldn't bear the thought of sitting in there. So I grabbed the vacuum and started, only when I tried to clean the chair I noticed that there was NO suction at all. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

I asked CJ if he'd noticed it...on and on. He did call me into the kitchen to ask what was wrong, and I told him that I felt ill (full details) and frustrated. He said it was coming out on him, and I suppose it was.

There was an undercurrent of "Why didn't YOU finish this?"...but when I look at all the other stuff he's doing, it doesn't seem fair. Just hard to keep the PMA up when you're feeling so crappy!!!

I'm also more than a bit worrieed that I may need kidney surgery sooner rather than later. Thing is, I'm the sole income now and I have NO benefits whatsoever. As a "Contract Lecturer" they can get away with this.

It means if I miss more than two weeks, my job for the year is history.

Oh well, One day at a time.

Shiny

#175442 09/25/03 08:53 AM
Hi Shiny,

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Shiny}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Ok, that all sucks big time. Now time to list the positives! Sage keeps telling me to do that, in my case I think fear is keeping me from it. Like if I think too positive and this all goes South I will be even more devastated BUT at least sometimes I am getting better at thinking of the positives!

You know our voice in our head. It needs to think of the positives rather than dwell on the negatives. I know when I hurt nothing else seems right either. I am not doing a good job here of saying what I am trying to say, hopefully you read me well enough to follow me. I don't mean to sound trite or dismissive of what is going on for you, I am amazed at all you have dealt with and continue to deal with health wise and keep your PMA upbeat. I'm just throwing this out trying to help pick you up a little. By now you have probably had a good glass of vino and feel tons better! Hey our wine instructor told me one time when getting a cold that glass of wine would help, I think it did or maybe I just couldn't tell it didn't!

BTW Saturday is Champagne day on my thread, drop by for a glass! Five years - still married!

I hope you feel better today and it is a great day for you!!!

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
#175443 09/25/03 03:27 PM
Um...it is one of the few good pictures I have of myself as I'm not very photogenic (sp?), although a little cheesecakey and 3 years old (this last year has given me more than a few wrinkles!)

Is Tal's H NUTS???? Shiney, I think that has been well established, i.e Butt-Ugly Woman, enit, LOL!!!!

#175444 09/25/03 03:36 PM
SB,

Sorry to hear the medical problems are making life difficult. Make sure that CJ is aware - in a loving, not complaining way. Apologize for crankiness and thank him for doing what he has. Make him feel appreciated.

It seems sometimes that God keeps placing things in front of us. You can look at them as obstacles - and the turmoil that comes with them. Or you can see them as challenges that the Lord has given us - to use the talents that he has given us for this journey through life.

You will overcome these Shiny. You have been through rougher waters than these.

My prayers go out to you today.

Greg - Patient, vigilant, hopeful

#175445 09/25/03 04:17 PM
KAW Offline
Shiny,
Sorry to hear about the current strife. Please be careful not to let having to endure the symptoms of your health conditions cause you to slip into a depressed state. This is a common trigger for CAW's blues (some of that going on this week).

Have you expressed to CJ that you are gettin' more anxious about a pending upcoming surgery? Making him aware of this will help understand more the source of why it comes across as coming out on him is because in a way its a cry for help ... or you may need to find another approach.

I know how needing a new vac gets put off ... always something else is more important to purchase, but think of the value of having the place look some much cleaner after making the effort to clean ... taking less time to get those results ... less frustration felt then ... and the ability to praise his efforts rather than saying, I know you just cleaned but it really doesn't look it. It would be more than a new vac ... Its an all around PMA booster!! Only last year did I learn what a difference a new vac could make !! ... Oh! ... and if you get one ... go bagless, too!

Oh and talitsa! From a male's POV, I have to agree with Shiny!

'til later,
KAW

#175446 09/25/03 05:03 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Awwww, thanks everyone!!!

Yes a new vacuum is on the list to buy this weekend. Our "old" one is only 4 years old and it's an upright bagless Phantom Fury...worked GREAT for the first couple of years. My Mom suggested we try bringing it back to Walmart!!!

I did apologize to CJ last night, but it might have seemed a little weak to him, not sure. He was almost asleep at the time and didn't really respond.

I haven't shared with him explicitly, my concerns about losing my job as I didn't want him to feel pressured about it. (Like he'd have to find a job asap). We do have some savings that could carry us through. Plus when I DO share such things, he berates me for focussing on the negative.

Well I feel a bit better today, good night's sleep (can anyone else pop a cough candy at night and still have remnants of it left in the morning???). The kidney has quieted some, and the sore throat is a bit more bearable with the rest it's getting (hot chicken soup helped too! ).

So yes PMA is back some today, as I knew it would be. Heck tomorrow IS Friday, right???

Shiny

#175447 09/25/03 06:43 PM
Gday Shiny

Thanks for visiting me as I came into the new neighbourhood, its great to see you made it here as well while I was away from the board.

I hope all works out well in regards to your health. Everything else seems to be realy positive.

Look after yourself

Andrew

_________________________________________________ To go forward you have to put the past behind you
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard