Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
MAL Offline OP
OP Offline
Wow, it's been a long time since I started a new thread. I almost forgot how. But it seems that the last one is locked. So here goes....

Link to last thread:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=761688&page=1#Post761688

I went through the bomb in September of 2002, so I've been here for awhile. My D was final almost 4 years ago, I think? I've lost track of time.

I know I'm still healing, and maybe I always will be, but I am definitely on the other side, and this side feels GREAT!!

I am so happy for all the friends I've made here - some who have long come and gone, some who pop in here and there, and those that I know will be nearby for the rest of my life.

I'll try to post when I get the chance. For now, at least I have a new thread. Finally! That last one was pretty old. \:\)

Hugs!

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
This is surviving. There is no such thing as a normal life, there's just life. So get on with it and enjoy it!
MAL Offline OP
OP Offline
JS,
I had to use my laptop tonight, since YS needed the computer. So I know what you need about the IM access. I can't use the normal yahoo, or even my back up plan. I ended up using the webversion, which actually isn't too bad. It just looks strange.

I can't get to my personal email, long story. But hey, at least I have my IM!! What would I do without it? LOL

Of course, I have Facebook too. Life is good. Hee Hee.

P.S. For others who read...
If anyone is on Facebook, there are few other DBers on there too. Let me know if you want to keep in touch out side of the board. I know that a lot of us have moved on. But I would love to keep in touch.

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
This is surviving. There is no such thing as a normal life, there's just life. So get on with it and enjoy it!
MAL Offline OP
OP Offline
You know you're different when you set up your ex SIL on Facebook, even though you haven't seen her in 5 years.

I scanned through some of her pics. Some were hard to look at for obvious reasons, but it was kinda cool seeing the family, kids, ex's grandma, etc... His grandma is looking pretty old and I know she won't be around much longer. I know S14 doesn't get to see her much. Sometimes I think about going for a visit.

I've been thinking alot lately about how short life is. Maybe that's part of it.

The bio family search is mixed in there too. We only get one shot at this life. I'd like to go out with no regrets, you know what I mean?

So anyway, I guess this will open up some communication between me and the ex's family. Baby steps.

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
Hey MAL,

I'm not sure if I can access the sites or not. When I type in the website it says it's "access verification required" but then says I can "accept" if I need to. I've decided I don't need too.

But you're right about life being short. Doesn't mean you don't have choices, just that you shouldn't drag your feet about making them. Keep making the baby steps...

jstx
MAL Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi JS. I never knew you were such a scaredy cat. Afraid your laptop might explode if you go to the wrong site? Big brother? LOL

Good to see you. Nice to have an old friend out there to listen to me ramble.

I'm just so scared. Of what? I don't know.

Fear of not being accepted perhaps? Why should that even matter?

Fear of facing the past? Possibly.

Maybe it's a little bit of both, and more. I dunno.

I know part of is has to do with how busy my life is right now. Back in college, work is kicking my butt (yeah what else is new). So...is it lack of time? LOL. I doubt it. Lack of focus maybe. But I do think that being busy makes it easy to make excuses.

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
LOL, don't really care if the laptop explodes. I could live with that. But I really do like getting paid and it would suck if Big Brother determined that I was abusing my privileges and decided I should be unemployed.

I do like my job, and the paycheck that comes with it.

You are scared? BS. You'll figure out what you want to do in your own time. You've got a lot going on. I agree that it would be nice to put some closure on this issue but it's not the biggest iron in the fire. Do it at your own pace. It'll work out.

jstx
MAL Offline OP
OP Offline
B.S.? LOL Such language!! I'm shocked!

You don't think I get scared?

I do think I'm being a coward on some of it - hard to admit. Especially S22's dad. As for my family, that's fear of the unknown. But the irons in the fire are mixed up in that too.

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
Don't worry about it. You'll get to it when you are ready. In the meantime, you realize I've been in your neck of the woods for almost a week and today is the first time I saw the sun? What's up with that?

I was expecting a little more sunshine. On the plus side, I think I've found a place to watch the Super Bowl on Sunday. I can make it through the weekend.

jstx
MAL Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: jstx
I do like my job, and the paycheck that comes with it.
And I still have no idea what your job is. Too funny.

Yeah, I kinda like my paycheck too, especially nowadays, and after all of the layoffs at work. I'm thankful. Times are hard out there.

And speaking of a paycheck and irons in the fire, I need to pay the attorney bills that have been coming in lately. Yep, after all this time, I'm still dealing with the D crap. I've had an attorny on retainer for a couple of years now, and can't get ex to take care of things.

So tomorrow morning, my attorney will be in front of a judge re-opening our D and requesting reimbursement for all of my fees. It's more to light a fire under ex and his attorney. I hope it works, because I'm gonna be broke. Of course the judge may grant the request to reimburse me for the attorney and court costs, but it's not a given. In the meantime, I have to pay him for his time.

Did I ever mention that the Big D stinks? It has its advantages, but good grief! Can it just be over? Sigh...

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
MAL Offline OP
OP Offline
You do realize that it's January, right? It's not like you are in California dude.

At least you weren't here last Tuesday. Bad snowstorm was predicted, and based on the weather forecast, they closed all the schools.

It did snow in NC, just over the border, but here? A few flakes that most people didn't even see.

They have a snow make-up day on President's Day. LOL. We're calling it the un-snow make-up day. Kinda stinks though, since I have the day off to spend with S14. I guess I'll be working on college work instead.

But it was pretty cold that day. I had to pull out my winter coat last week. Usually just wear a jacket.

Hey, at least you're not up in Ohio. Remember what it was like growing up? Digging out the car or shoveling to get out of the house? Brrrrrruge!!!!

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard