Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
S
OP Offline
S
T you are cute. ;\)

I know, I'm getting really busy now. I probably can't get on here as much anymore, especially if I want to make sure my M stays on course.

T, just find me in the alt uni... but wait, you have my email anyways.

I'm not sure that you'll think my music is beautiful, as it's alternative rock! speaking of, I had my first meeting with the guys, and we worked for 5 hours sat! we're going to meet every friday now. they really liked a couple of my songs, so I'm excited.

SMW, did I reply to your email? I can't remember. I've got like 4 jobs now! I did ship that stuff to ya, so let me know when you get it, probably on wed or thurs. how are you doing? I hope good.

luv all you guys, thanks for checkin in on me. you guys can contact me anytime you need

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006
H "said" PA/EA over 8/2006
H erased OW off phone! 2/2007

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
N
N
ST - long time no talk! I've been kinda avoiding the boards for a bit.. mental sanity thing. I know you understand!

I'd love to hear your latest song(s) though. Email them to me?

Me 35, H 38; Together 13.5 yrs, M 7
Bomb 1 10/07/06
Sep'd 1/14/07 - 4/15
Piecing: 4/07 - 9/07
Bomb 3 10/11/07: Never loved you, let's separate
2/08 slowly improving
7/08 Piecing (7/25/08 rings back on!!)
Current thread
S
OP Offline
S
hey Nik! yes, it has been a while. I've also been away too, as I can tell my H is getting frustrated with all that I'm doing now.

I will send that email, I'll have to find your address again, I don't always save them.

also, another death in the family, this time James uncle. We didn't know him well, and he's been ill for a long while, so many health problems, and was still smoking constantly. (hint hint for those of my friends still doing it..you know who you are!! lol) so it wasn't a surprise, but nevertheless, it's always a shock to lose someone, especially only 60s. So, we'll be leaving for Wichita again this tuesday. This time I'll be possibly singing an Elvis song! guess he was a big elvis fan.

so, everyone please keep in contact with me, as I'm very concerned for all of you, but I may not always be able to check on you all. But remember, I am still here, and if anyone needs me just hollar! ;\)

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
T
T
I sure do miss chattin with you, so much so that I had to move over here to be closer to you. LOL. what the heck have you been up to. just kinda answered my own question by looking up above there ..singing Elvis tunes at funerals huh. Your something else.
Much love to you along with prayers & Christ's pervasive peace.

debut thread
S
OP Offline
S
hey T... I'll have to find your new thread then. I never go the way other people do, I go to my past posts and/or check your past posts to find them. what's it called? so I know what I'm looking for.

and luckily I didn't sing, and I'm glad as it would have been stressful trying to smush that in. I need to start cutting out things in my life, not adding things in.

thanks for the pop in, you can email me anytime too as I'm not getting on here as much, just too busy and I need to cut some things out to make sure my H isn't feeling pushed out.

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

T
T
was just thinking of you. Hope you are adhering to the Lord's plan and that you are experiencing all the wonderful fruits of that plan. I will pray the Spirit finds you and brings great joy your way and to your family.

It has been quite a long while since I have penned any poetic ramblings. Might have to try to harness some of that creativity if the Lord allows.

Peace to you & your's my dear ST

debut thread
S
OP Offline
S
thank you T \:\)

you should definitely let that creativity loose! I'm also learning a lot in that as well.

Had another band meeting. I think we did a lot this time working on my song. next week is one of the other guy's song, so that will be a whole new experience for me, to try to think of things for someone elses work.

one thing I know I'm going to have a hard time with is having a stage presence. having a personality on stage rather than just letting words come out of my mouth. I've always had choreography or something that told me what to do, nothing that I just did cause it was me. My drummer told me that was something I need to do, discover ME, and let it out. That he thinks I have a lot hidden in there and I'm guarding it. problem is, I'm not sure what I'm hiding!!! I used to be crazy silly retarded when I was younger, and since being M and having kids, I've really gotten old. I haven't been that weird person in almost 15 years so it's kinda hard to try to get that back.

anyways, I told him, I'll definitely be praying about it!

so, that's it for me. God bless all of you!

oh, and I'm gonna post a positive message for those believers out there.

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

S
OP Offline
S
Faith

"And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, 'Only in his hometown and in his own house is a prophet without honor.' And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith." Matthew 13:57-58

Jesus is all-powerful but we can put limits on his power by our lack of faith. Do you have low expectations that Jesus can heal your marriage? Have you put limits on the Lord through your lack of faith? God's work can sometimes be hidden, even denied to those who refuse to believe in Jesus' miracle-working power. It is so critical that when we pray, we pray with faith and great expectation that the Lord will work things out on our behalf.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

You need to believe deep down in your heart that the Lord will heal your marriage in due time. In the physical, there may be no indication whatsoever that this will happen. With expectant faith, focus on the result, not at your current circumstances.

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6

God is displeased by lack of faith. When you seek him in faith with all your heart, God will reward that faithfulness.

"'But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him.' But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved." Hebrews 10:38-39

Step out in boldness, faithfully proclaiming that the Lord will heal your marriage. If you lack faith, claiming defeat, so it will be. How does one obtain faith such as this? You need to keep your eyes on Jesus.

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12:2-3

You may be saying, "My faith is weak. I am weary from the battle. My faith is wavering. I doubt that God can deliver my family from destruction." Your struggle is understandable.

Satan uses discouragement to get you to quit, ensuring that your marriage will never be restored. He wants you to lose faith that God is capable of healing your marriage. Do not give in to discouragement and a lack of faith.

Thankfully, it does not take great faith for God to act on your behalf.

"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

Do you know how small a mustard seed is? I had no idea how big a mustard seed was so I bought a jar at the grocery store. I wrote the above scripture on a three-by-five card, displaying it with my jar of mustard seed in a prominent place in my home. This was a constant reminder that even with my small faith, God was capable of moving the mountain of divorce.

In Matthew 21:18-22, Jesus teaches his disciples that they can pray for anything in faith. Jesus was hungry after a long journey. Seeing a fig tree, he went up to it but found that it had no fruit. He said to it, "May you never bear fruit again! Immediately the tree withered" (Mt. 21:19). The disciples asked Jesus why the tree had withered so quickly.

"Jesus replied, 'I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what we have done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, "Go, throw yourself into the sea," and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.'" Matthew 7:21-22

Faith is crucial in receiving healing as demonstrated numerous times in Scripture...

"Just then a woman who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak. She said to herself, 'If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed.' Jesus turned and saw her. 'Take heart, daughter,' he said, 'your faith has healed you.' And the woman was healed from that moment." Matthew 9:20-22

"While he was saying this, a ruler came and knelt before him and said, 'My daughter has just died. But come and put your hand on her, and she will live.' Jesus got up and went with him, and so did his disciples. When Jesus entered the ruler's house and saw the flute players and the noisy crowd, he said, 'Go away. The girl is not dead but asleep.' But they laughed at him. After the crowd had been put outside, he went in and took the girl by the hand, and she got up." Matthew 9:18-19, 23-25

"As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, calling out, 'Have mercy on us, Son of David!' When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, 'Do you believe that I am able to do this?' 'Yes Lord,' they replied. Then he touched their eyes and said, 'According to your faith will it be done to you' and their sight was restored." Matthew 9:27-30

In the world's eyes, your marriage is dead. Many may laugh at you when you proclaim, "It is not dead but asleep!" Ask Jesus to touch your broken marriage. Ask Him to heal broken hearts.

If you believe that God is able to heal your marriage, He will do it!

"Take heart, your faith has healed you." Matthew 9:22

"According to your faith will it be done to you." Matthew 9:29

Can you not see the importance of faith in the healing of your home? You have a great opportunity to bless your family through your faith. Believe and you will receive!

"Many a man claims to have unfailing love, but a faithful man who can find? The righteous man leads a blameless life; blessed are his children after him." Proverbs 20:6-7

As we enter the Advent season, it is a time of expectant waiting for the coming of the Christ Child. It is a time of hope and joy; it is a time of faith. Look to the Christ Child with joyful hope. May the Lord find you a faithful man, standing for the healing of your marriage!

God bless you, O faith man of God.

Dennis L. Wingfield

Rejoice Marriage Ministries

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

T
T
thanks for the reminder that I have a fresh email to collect from Rejoice M M

debut thread
S
OP Offline
S
well, another roadblock in my band.

the drummer, the one who's been compiling this for the most part for me, has now had complications of somesort that he can't talk about and has backed out for now. I'm really dumbfounded as he never acted like that would happen. But I was told by the other guy that he had a fight with his wife about something, which he thought was financial.

However, the other guy wants to still work with me, says I have a lot of talent. I don't know what to do. I told him I needed to pray about it. It's just made me more leary about putting my music out there. I need to get it copywrited. does anyone know how to do that?

He is a christian, but he also wants to put my song in a B-horror movie that he is doing soundtrack for. Supposedly there is only music in the beginning and end of the movie, but I hate horror, and don't know that I would want it associated with it. He feels that God can use our stuff to reach other people, and as long as we're not promoting it, then it's okay. I understand his viewpoint, but I'm not sure that is what God wants.

I really don't know WHAT God is wanting me to do. I know that I cannot let my talent just sit here as it has been for 10 years. But whenever things start seeming to come to pass, something happens and it gets messed up. Maybe I am not persistent enough. Going thru the sitch almost seemed easier in the fact that I KNEW what God wanted of me, and it's the only time I really felt God was speaking to me loud and clear.

I wish I had a prophet. haha. well, I can say that I started writing another song due to this. I also know that this guy is also very talented and has more connections. He has a friend in another state with his own recording studio that they email back and forth and create stuff. He's been in a successful local band before, and he also wants to NOT play live (which I wasn't very excited to do anyways) and to do what evanescence did which is write all the music, then get the rest of the band, then record and promote like crazy. supposedly he said they had their cd out before ever playing live.

sooooooooo, back to praying

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard