Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
R
R
I agree w/ naej on this one. I recommend having you just go ahead and contact him.

Keep in mind, however, that you may never get your face-to-face w/him as he may very well keep ducking the issue. You do need to prepare yourself for that. In fact, the best you may get is on the phone, unless you decide to simply "drop in" on him and force your face-to-face meeting (which may be the best thing to do anyway).

In the end, you need to take the lead of your emotions and allow yourself to dictate the terms here. He's been jerking you around for too long and you've been letting it happen. If you are in need of confronting him about things, then sitting back and waiting for him to move on it isn't going to make things better.

Besides, how much initiative has he taken in the past year since the breakup? It is nice to dream pleasant thoughts about what you'd love for him to do, but the reality is he hasn't done them and most likely won't be doing them in the future.

I'm sorry if this is a bit harsh, but it kills me to see you suffering while waiting for him to react. You don't have to do this b/c you are the one w/ the power to change the situation.

Call him and tell him you have to meet him soon. Give him two or three options of the time to meet and then hold him to it. Be aggressive w/ what you want or this will drag on and on and on w/ no end in sight.

Look out for yourself now, Princess. We're all trying to look out for you here, but we're separated by miles and we can't be w/you on a daily basis to protect you. I wish I could, but I can't, my dear.

I just want the best for you and I want to see you move forward. I'm very angry at BF for how he passively controls you and I'm hoping you'll very soon be saying "no more."

RTL

M:38; D: 6
Divorce Final: 10/6/08

Hi Ali, sorry yes I di miss your asking the second time, it still was a bit open ended tho! I know he was your friend and partner for many years, I do understand but friends really treat each other better than this wishy washy yeh definately- words are cheap as I often say but never the less true. In the odd and rare communications I have had with my life long partner/husband he always shows concern ask how I am, how I really am and has often said how sorry he was for what he did. It's words. Relieves his guilt and absolves his concience.

If your not sure where he is then phone and ask, check on him and his lame excuses there are very few places where one is totally cut off from civilisation.
Yes you want face to face but until you pin him down with time and date and venue this isn't going to happen.
Like I said depends how badly you want it. At this stage I cannot see doing that will make any difference to the eventual out come.
It is your call. I just want you to get some closure and go get that life that is out there waiting for you to join in.
Take care. Be careful with your sparklers.

A
OP Offline
A
But Naej, although they are just words, can it be true that he means it when he says how sorry he is? He cant do much else to put it right.. except come back to you and I guess you explored that option and it never happened. At least he has expressed genuine remorse to you? I'm sure its scant consolation.

I'm tired of feeling not good enough. I can understand why people go for rebound relationships now, I would feel a whole lot better if I had someone who WANTED to see me, take me out, spend time with me. That would be nice! It really wouldnt be a good idea right now though, I think I am rather vunerable.

I just need to get away, back home.. or maybe Greece!

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard