Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
S
S
Crissy--

Check pawn shops for the band equipment. They often have it there, as musicians are notorious for needing money and deciding to pawn their gear ;\). Another good place would be a local music store. See if they have a bulletin board or know of some other places where you can get used equipment. I am so happy that the band is pulling together for you!!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

S
OP Offline
S
thanks SMW!!! Those are good ideas. I wish I was more technological.

Here is an email I received, an encouraging one.

For those of you who are new, my name is Judy Rousseau and my husband Paul and I are blessed to be enjoying life in a restored marriage. (Paul’s been home since April of 1995 after a three and a half year separation. If you’ve not read our story, you can find it here: http://www.voxtrot.org/Paul&Judy.html)

Today I’d like to ask you a few questions …

Have family and friends said things like:

You need to move on and find someone else who will love you the way you deserve to be loved …

Get a backbone and stand up to that good-for-nothing you married …

Get over it, divorce happens …

I saw your husband (or wife) with the other person and they looked so happy …

Why do you want your husband (or wife) back? He (or she) doesn’t want you …

Have you heard your husband (or wife) say:

Look, I just don’t love you anymore and I’m not happy …

We’re too very different people … and probably shouldn’t have gotten married in the first place …

Lots of people get divorced, what’s the big deal …

This person I’m involved with loves me much more than you ever did …

I’ve told you before and I’ll tell you again … I’M NEVER COMING HOME …

Have you heard comments like this from people in the church:

God can only do so much …

Reconciliation may not be possible in your case …

Maybe this is God’s way of bringing someone better into your life…

God only helps those who help themselves …

Remember your husband (or wife) must be willing to change …

And how about the thoughts rolling around in your head. Things like:

I must be crazy. Maybe I made this whole standing thing up …

This is so painful I can’t take it anymore …

I can’t figure out any way this mess I’m in can ever change …

I’m so tired of living like this …

What difference will it make if I give up …

If you’ve thought some of those thoughts and heard some of the comments mentioned above, I want you to know I HEARD AND THOUGHT THOSE THINGS TOO!!! But you know what???????? I’m not there anymore.

God did work a miracle of restoration for Paul and I but he worked it out through a process of time. What He did for us, He is well able to do for you and your family.

Even though it’s difficult to do, stop focusing on your circumstances, the things people say and even on the way you feel. Be like David and encourage yourself in the Lord by meditating on His Word. Refuse to let your mind wander off into an endless list of worries.

Dear brother, dear sister, press on. You are so not alone even though it may feel like it at times. The Lord has seen your tears and heard your cries. He has not forgotten you. He loves you and His plans for you are GOOD.

Well I gotta get some tax paperwork done and postmarked before the end of the day so I’ll close for now.

I’ll write or podcast again soon.

Lots of love,

Judy Rousseau

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006
H "said" PA/EA over 8/2006
H erased OW off phone! 2/2007

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
T
T
Hi ST

Hope you are having a terrific day. I have been really off today. Not dealing well with the recent turn of events between me and my darling. I know that my sitch is far better than many others on here though. I do not need to be a whiner. The Lord is at work on my W's heart I am sure.

I was able to reel off that last sentence mostly due to becoming refreshed from reading my just rec'd Standing Firm e-letter from Rejoice Ministries. I enjoy them and they keep me in line.

Gotta go get some dinner and go check on the pooch. Bye for now. Thanks for your cont'd prayers. You'll have them from me of course. Make beautiful music for our Lord.

debut thread
S
OP Offline
S
thank you T. I know it must be tough for you. It's been quite a while and you've had many ups and downs, but I don't think this down is as bad as in the past is it? And it doesn't matter how bad because God works through all bad situations no matter how aweful they may seem.

eat well and take care

----------------------------------------

Just need some prayers for our associate pastor and his wife. they were having their 5 baby, and the day after her due date they didn't feel the baby move, so they went in and there was no heartbeat. The baby had died with the cord wrapped around it's neck. It was so sad at church today, but he preached anyways, and preached about the gift they received, Samuel, and that instead of a rattle, he is holding palm branches praising God, and instead of a bottle, he has the living water,...can't remember the rest, but it was very moving.

We will be holding a memorial service tomorrow night for the baby. Please keep Sara and Vicor Hintz in your prayers. thank you

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
S
S
Prayers to your pastor and his wife. How tragic to lose a baby at the time you are expecting such joy. Your pastor's strength and God's grace are mightily visible in his being able to walk to the altar and offer such a moving sermon and testimony to his lost son.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
S
The Steelers are going DOWN!!

There will be no joy in Pittsburgh tomorrow, GO SKINS!!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
No WAY!!!! My Ben will triumph! ;\)

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

S
OP Offline
S
thank you for the prayers SMW.

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006

T
T
It's all about prayers. Every day something new to be prayed for. I will place the Hinz's in the prayer list. Very sad.

Your Ben ...ha! I thought you were talking about Afleck or one of those other knuckleheads. You were talking about the one who needs traing wheels on his motorciccle. I hope he has a good game. I am still tv-less and computer-less so the most I will be doing is listening on the radio to the conclusion with passive interest in a Steeler's victory.

debut thread
S
S
Originally Posted By: Tomato

Your Ben ...ha! I thought you were talking about Afleck or one of those other knuckleheads. You were talking about the one who needs traing wheels on his motorciccle. I hope he has a good game. I am still tv-less and computer-less so the most I will be doing is listening on the radio to the conclusion with passive interest in a Steeler's victory.

OMG T!! I just spit coffee everywhere!! LMAO!!!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard