Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
E
E
Originally Posted By: Amy M
Whew, glad it was you...I try hard to hide my "twang and drawl." But, they do apparently both come out after a few tequila shots!!!

Amy (from Alabama)

maybe it's not me then..maybe it's you

Alabama or Auburn Amy??

I say Roll Tide!!

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Amy M
Whew, glad it was you...I try hard to hide my "twang and drawl." But, they do apparently both come out after a few tequila shots!!!

Amy (from Alabama)

Amy--

Your drawl and mine are darn near the same, but Mike has a definite twang! I was laughing when he answered the phone yesterday. Now see, my Jersey comes out after a few shots, and it is NOT pretty!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: M from Tennessee
Quote:
Funniest phone conversation yesterday involved a twang and a drawl! I am not sure which one of us has a worse accent!!

I'm sure everyone will have trouble figuring that out...and I'll take that as a compliment..

I suck...lol

Yes, it was you, and you darn well know it! LOL

You do not suck--you are great and keep me grounded.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Racefan
Yes but did she place a take out order for Porkchops & Peaches?

Sis...

Things seem to be moving smoothly in your corner good on you. It will be interesting to see what H does about the 2 am. watch will he ask for the key or not kinda like the old gmae show Let's Make a Deal will it be door #1 or door #2. Wouldn't think it safe to just leave it unlocked...

Keep praying to the man above and follow his words

Bro

Yeah, the watch thing tonight could be interesting and have potential. Amy is inspiring me.

I am thinking, even if he does not ask for the key, I will definitely set a stage tonight and see if he bites on it. I will get ready for bed before he leaves (nightie or shortie pjs--dilemmas!), leave a message on his phone while he is on watch, and see if he bites on it when he gets home. If not, his loss, right?

Lots of prayers going up from Virginia and not just from Pat Robertson about the hurricane.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: The Wifey
You know how much you care about someone when I check your thread before I go to my own. Yes, let the man wonder who you were talking to. Even if he doesn't think its OM, he will wonder what is up.

Even funnier was when I took off to the store right as he was going in the shower last night. I ran in the house, phone in hand, grabbed my purse, keys, and said I will be back as I headed out the front door. I was just going to get cigarettes and coffee creamer at the convenience store. BUT, I sat in my car and talked to a friend in the parking lot for about half an hour while I was there. I came back, and H was on the sofa with S2. Asked where I went--said to the store for creamer. He actually turned and looked at the clock. Too funny!

I am so touched that you check on me first! Thank you! I am power posting before I go pick up and do laundry. Going to put the boys outside for a bit, too, so they nap well again.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

E
E
Quote:
but Mike has a definite twang! I was laughing when he answered the phone yesterday. Now see, my Jersey comes out after a few shots,

So I'm on speed dial now??

Ya know me..I'm all about the comedy and fun.

I got news for you sister, the Jersey comes out without the shots. It's there, hiddden then out, hidden then out...lol

I appreciate the compliments you posted above..

at times I do suck...

and you keep yourself grounded. This is all you.

I'm one of many here to catch you when you fall, that's all I do.

One more suggestion since it appears you "are setting the table for him tonight". Most men think nighties are good..of course I can't speak for all men..maybe I should have said I think nighties are good?? It's really been too long..wrapped in newspaper would be good with me right now.

ahh it is what it is..

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: M from Tennessee
It's really been too long..wrapped in newspaper would be good with me right now.
Alright, now all I could think of was a fish market when I read this! OMG LMAO!!!

Well, glad to know the Jersey is still in there. I thought these damn Rebs had beat it out of me over the past 18 years!

SMW

ETA And yes, you are in the speed dial, all of you are. Ya'll rate higher than some members of my family!

Last edited by sadmilitarywife; 09/04/08 01:57 PM.

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
This is for all the lovely women who post to my thread. You all have hearts of gold and I am so blessed to have you in my corner. One of my friends from college sent it to me.

BEAUTIFUL CHRISTIAN SISTER
By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say ... 'I am a Christian' ......I'm not shouting 'I'm clean livin''
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say ... 'I am a Christian' .......I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say ... 'I am a Christian'......I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' ........I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say ... 'I am a Christian' .......I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it.

When I say ... 'I am a Christian' .......I still feel the sting of pain..
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say ... 'I am a Christian'.......I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner
Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Pretty is as Pretty does ... But beautiful is just plain beautiful!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!

How much more is going to get thrown at me?

H just called. He has to check in off of leave today and they may pull the ship out tomorrow, ahead of the storm. Because they cannot get everyone back on time, off of leave, they will pull back in, but may not let everyone off the boat.

I could not help myself and said, damn the kids are really getting shortchanged on spending time with you before you leave. H said he knew but there was nothing he could do about it. I said no, you are right, them changing the deployment date and the hurricane moving in are out of your control and I am not blaming you for that. It just seems so unfair that they lost out. I am pretty sure that he got my point, though.

Told me he will be home around 3 and we can talk to the kids together about the boat having to leave early.

This is sucking bad. I am feeling realyl down, but i know that this is just circumstances. God did not change the deployment date, teh Navy did. God did not send the hurricane, natural forces do. I am hoping though, with all the other storms and the fact that they are not coming close to shore right now, but will be in the ship's path, maybe they will go ahead and back the crusie date up. Wishful thinking, but MAN it would be nice.

I do see the positive--H called to tell me as soon as he found out, rather than dumping it on me when he got home this afternoon. He does sound genuinely bothered by the changes. I will workwith what I 've got and continue to pray.

Father, I know that these trials are not meant to punish but instead will merely serve to continue to build my strength and resolve. I thank you for having enough confidence in me to allow me these tests, knowing that I will come out on the other side, faith intact and stronger than before. While I am saddened by this turn events, I will continue to praise and glorify You for all that has been accomplished thus far and all that will come in the future. It is your Divine guidance that will bring me to full marital restoration, all in order to bring honor and praise to You and serve as a testimony of how powerful You are. I ask for the protection of these brave sailors as they depart on their journey, knowing that You, your Blessed Son Jesus, and the annointing of the Holy Spirit will watch over them and guide them safely home. I ask this all in tribute to the glory of You. Amen

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

B
B
((SMW)) I came right into your thread today first also, hoping to find you doing better! The first threads from where I left yesterday..it was so wonderful to see you joking and having fun! and of course its ya'll not me that has the accent lol! LOVE the card from the kids, I do the same thing lol!

I am so sorry about your H having to leave early!! Do you know when it will be definet? I do feel for your children, its so not fair to them. I admire you for the way you handled the news, and the way you thought it out....why it couldnt be left in anyones control, especially gods. you gave me alot of strength yesterday, in fact I called a church where a pastor works at that I used to wait on all the time, and really admired, its only about 5 minutes away, and I am going to meet with him, and start attending church again, for ME!
Hang in there sweetie, I am here all day if you need anything!!

M 36
XH 34
3 children
If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. Mark 3:25
"your mood swings are giving me whiplash" twilight
ALIVE FREE AND HAPPY 2010

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard