Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
S
S
Enjoy your vacation sweetie. You deserve it.

Hugs

M 19 years, MC for 8 months, DB'd for 8 months
4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
I was never meant to be a doormat. It took me years of therapy to become assertive enough to stop his abuse.
P
P
R u back yet Bridge? How did it go?

Purple

As soon as you trust yourself you will know how to live. Goethe

S
S
I'm wondering too, if you're back yet ? Did you have a blast ? Hope so, & miss you. Oh, & a word of the day.... tee hee

serocystadenocarcinoma

4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
I was never meant to be a doormat. It took me years of therapy to become assertive enough to stop his abuse.
P
P
Something to do with a cyst on the skin somewhere? Am I close?

Purple

As soon as you trust yourself you will know how to live. Goethe

S
S
Pretty close. It breaks down to;

sero (serous, or fluid)
cyst (abnormal closed cavity containing liquid or semi-solid)
adeno (combining form denoting relationship to a gland)
carcinoma (malignant new growth made of epithelial cells tending to infiltrate the surrounding tissue & give rise to metastases).

Hi Bridge *waves* Miss you !

4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
B
OP Offline
B
Hi all,
Have been back since Friday. Just has been hectic getting caught back up with getting D ready for school (starting Thursday) and S ready (??) for college leaving next Wednesday. I start back to teacher workshop the same day (dang.. hate to miss those workshops!)

Vacation was OK in terms of interactions. It was polite & cordial, probably more so than 'normal'.

But the tension of lies that H told in counseling (over stupid chit) on Saturday morning, and 'refraining' from causing drama on vacation.. made it bubble up Saturday night and we had major drama.

The communications counseling is helping some parts.. with some effort.. both parties can be heard on non-volitile issues. It still seems forced, contrived, and almost juvenille.

The dilemma becomes being heard on touchy subjects... with major effort & much time (for calling time outs, refocusing, etc) both of us can be heard. And then we still have not learned the tools for coming to resolution on those topics. That is this weeks lesson.

(sigh) such a long process.

Thanks for checking in with me purple & SC.

Last edited by Bridgestone; 08/18/08 02:03 PM.

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

http://tinyurl.com/ybqkan8 = Current Thread

D
D
Bridge,

How was the vacation outside of the drama with your H. Did the kids have a good time? Did you get to take a tour of the city on a double decker bus or o to the White house? Did you have fun in the museums?

The tenson and forced communications are going to be there for awhile till you both get comfortable with the new way of interacting. Take it slow and be patient I know it is a lot of work and effort but if you can get thru this and rebuild you M it will all be worth it.

Take care.

Tim

Thread #10
B
OP Offline
B
Hi Tim
Vacation in & of itself was good! Weather was amazing.. sunny, nice breeze, hardly any humidity & it only rained just as we were getting in the cab to leave for the airport to come home.

No White house tour, did the trolley tour (green & orange one) not the double decker bus,

bureau of engraving & printing,the national cathedral, library of congress, supreme court, air & space museum, national sculpture garden, the smithsonian castle, natural history museum, national portrait gallery, the lincoln, jefferson, washington, FDR, vietnam, korean, & WW2 memorials, the archives, union station, oldest pub in DC, the JFK center for supper & a play, the Dark Knight on iMax (OMG!!),

kids had a great time (sore feet & all) ate great food, friendly people when we needed help...

how was your tubing??
Bridge

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

D
D
Wow, you packed alot into your trip to DC. I guess since I live so close and have been there many times I do a little bit each time I go. I am glad the vacation was fun despite the tension.

Tubing was alot of fun. I hurt ny knee on a rock but besides that how can you go wrong with a day of just relaxing and drinking. I like hanging with my B and he know what is going on with my R but does not ask unless I bring it up so that works out great.

Have fun at your teaches workshop, sound like so much fun. \:\)

Thread #10
B
OP Offline
B
oh yeah.. and the national geographic museum, DuPoint circle shopping, crime & punishment museum, and the Spy museum. The last two were amazing! Highly recommend them!!

Left a few things off the list for the kids to come back & do on their own some time. Arlington, JFK tomb, Tomb of the Unknown solider, American History Smithsonian, Willamsburg, VA

Yes we did a lot, probaby why we had sore feet!! & were crashed out by 9:30 pm every night!
Bridge

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard