T
T
you're still up too, huh

debut thread
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: sgctxok
He writes you shorter, but I think he probably really enjoys your 'care' that you put into these emails. They're comforting, and they are not over the top. You really do a lovely job. And you ARE the perfect military wife.
Oh God, sg, you have no idea what that means to me! It brought tears to my eyes!

Quote:

This IS a strength of yours, and you most likely can teach the class on it.

-----and with THAT thought....Keeping Love Alive lends itself to small groups really well. Maybe after you get through this YOU would want to lead small groups of KLA for base wives.

I will get into more of this later, but I have been feeling a pull that perhaps that is what God has planned for me out of this. I am passionate about making marriages work, especially when there are children involved. No child deserves to have their world destroyed because the adults in their life is afraid of dealing with a difficult situation. I agree with Michelle--you do not have to live in an unhappy marriage because of the kids, you can make it happy again.

I have been pressed upon with the idea of a ministry at church that addresses this and allows couples to seek help before it gets to this point, as well as helping those standing for their marriage.

Certainly, working with other military spouses would be wonderful, even if I started small in the support group, first.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

T
T
Just as Jeff had mentioned, the part with "certainly doesn't hurt the look of you either" seems too stunted. It shows that you aren't saying what it is you want to say. Just say it. If you think he looks ripped and hot then it needs to be in there. Quit holding back. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

debut thread
S
OP Offline
S
You guys are so awesome!!

Okay, here is the rewrite:
Quote:

H—

I have to admit, I started laughing when you said the boat sucks right now! Which chief was waiting for you? Chief P? He did seem to be typing with an evil chuckle when he found out you were on “the list!” LOL

I am surprised that you are finding PT hard! You are in great shape and are going to look more amazing with the extra work! Hell, you can do push-ups for forever, it seems, and your arms and upper body show it, too! Reminds me of when you came home from the Enterprise cruise, when you had been lifting weights. Are you running up on the flight deck? That is something I would love to see—the flight deck of a carrier turned into a track. I know things are probably rough, but, you made it through boot camp and A school with flying colors, I am confident you can do the same with this. In six weeks, if you have not deployed, we will all be able to pop a bottle of champagne and celebrate you making it through this milestone, too. I cannot tell you enough how proud of you I am.

Some of the things I am hearing that selectees are being tasked with are hysterical! Your wry sense of humor is going to stand you in good stead. From what the wives are posting, the hours are still long on shore, too. You are right, though; at least there is some type of a break. I guess living this 24/7 would wear on anyone's nerves. Only a few more days until the boat is back in. You will be able to come home to regroup, refresh, and recharge before heading back out into the fray whenever you need to. If you want us to come pick you up when the boat pulls in, just let me know what time to be pier side and we will be there.

The kids are doing good and miss you too. D8 is wondering if you are going to be able to go play Human CandyLand on Friday. I told her I would ask.

Well, let me go for now. We will see you soon. We love you and miss you and are keeping you in our prayers.

SMW

I have not addressed either letter "Hon" on purpose. Should I do it? I will not use his pet name right now.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

T
T
Originally Posted By: Racefan
Originally Posted By: sadmilitarywife
You know, I am thinking you guys are closet voyeurs.

SMW

Hey Sis...

Is the a bad thing? ;\)

Brian

ROTFLMAO. Thx bro.

debut thread
T
T
those revisions are great. I doubt you need to tinker w/ it anymore. When I read it before, I was thinking it might be a little longish but that seems fine also. Good job. I doubt he will be sleeping in the kids bedroom much longer.

debut thread
T
T
Gotta get some zzzzzzzz. Good night. I'll be busy moving into my new apartment tomorrow. But I will catch up w/ you at some point. My prayers are with you.

debut thread
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for your input Ted! Get some rest and I will catch up with you tomorrow!

Good night my friend. Rest comfortably, knowing that God has everything in control.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
S
[quote=]my mom says I am livign a fantasy life that will fall apart when the rug gets pulled out from under me again. She is so kind. SIGH[/quote]

Is your mom not supportive of what your doing?? That is aweful to say. \:\( Just wait till your M is better than it ever has been and she'll be eating her words. \:\)

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006
H "said" PA/EA over 8/2006
H erased OW off phone! 2/2007

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
S
S
oh you've got to be kidding!?!?

I've got 7 pages to catch up on??????? your killing me! ;\)

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006
H "said" PA/EA over 8/2006
H erased OW off phone! 2/2007

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard