Print Thread
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
S
OP Offline
S
Here is my potential response.

Quote:

H—

I have to admit, I started laughing when you said the boat sucks right now! Which chief was waiting for you? Chief P? He did seem to be typing with an evil chuckle when he found out you were on "the list!" LOL

I know things are probably rough. But, you made it through boot camp and A school with flying colors, I am confident you can do the same with this. In six weeks, if you have not deployed, we will all be able to pop a bottle of champagne and celebrate you making it through this milestone, too.

I have heard the PT is a bitch, but hey, you are already in really good shape, anyway. Look at all the sit-ups and push-ups you were doing before this!! You will be knocking that stuff out of the park now! Certainly does not hurt the look of you, either. Are you running up on the flight deck?

Remember my mentioning the guy who had to buy an 18ct carton of eggs? His wife posted that last night they had to sit and blow the insides out of all of them. Another wife said her jumbo trash can has disappeared in the back of her husband’s truck, as well as the chains they secure their fence with. Apparently, everyone is doing tons of research on Naval history and traditions. If you need any help with that, let me know. You know how I love a good research project and I know the search capabilities are limited on the ship.

I guess living this 24/7 would wear on anyone's nerves. Only a few more days til the boat is back in. You will be able to come home to regroup, refresh, and recharge before heading back out into the fray whenever you need to. If you want us to come pick you up when the boat pulls in, just let me know what time to be pierside and we will be there.

The kids are doing good and miss you too. D8 is wondering if you are going to be able to go play Human CandyLand on Friday. I told her I would ask.

Well, let me go for now. We will see you soon. We love you and miss you and are keeping you in our prayers.

SMW

Is it too over the top? Did I go to far? I just want to go throw up from nerves right now

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

R
R
Hey Sis...

;\)

Me:46/W:38
D:18/D:12
Bomb: 08/27/07
Seperated: 05/17/08
M:9/T:13
V
V
I like it....
But wait for more opinions!

(((((SuperMW)))))

It's good but shorten it and add the flirt...I'm on for a little bit more.

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
S
OP Offline
S
Alright sg, I will bite--how much more flirt? What would you suggest? What should I cut out?

And, guys, what is your testosterone opinion? Don't forget, either, I may not be the only one stroking his ego right now. What would get you guys thinking about possible sleeping alternatives to D8's bunkbed?

Hey, Bro--go round up my clique!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

V
V
You might be able to cut out the part about PT, since it is kind of covered in the bootcamp part. Though mentioning that it makes him look good can't hurt! Maybe kick in a little of what it makes you feel?

[quote=sadmilitarywife]Here is my potential response.

Quote:

H—

I have to admit, I started laughing when you said the boat sucks right now! Which chief was waiting for you? Chief P? He did seem to be typing with an evil chuckle when he found out you were on "the list!" LOL great

You made it through boot camp and A school with flying colors, I am confident you can do the same with this. Soon we will all be able to pop a bottle of champagne and celebrate you making it through this milestone, too.

I have heard the PT is a bitch, but hey, you are already in really good shape, anyway. Look at all the sit-ups and push-ups you were doing before this!! You will be knocking that stuff out of the park now! Certainly does not hurt the look of you, either. ;\) Are you running up on the flight deck? great! maybe add something about him giving you a replay

Remember my mentioning the guy who had to buy an 18ct carton of eggs? His wife posted that last night they had to sit and blow the insides out of all of them. Another wife said her jumbo trash can has disappeared in the back of her husband’s truck, as well as the chains they secure their fence with. Apparently, everyone is doing tons of research on Naval history and traditions. If you need any help with that, let me know. You know how I love a good research project and I know the search capabilities are limited on the ship. I'm not sure .... let's go more towards the flirt and try leaving this out...just testing those waters......this is more MOTHERLY....it's a good thing... but let's try without it ...unless you feel strongly

The kids are doing good and miss you too. D8 is wondering if you are going to be able to go play Human CandyLand on Friday. I told her I would ask. Very soon you will be able to come home to regroup, refresh, and recharge before heading back out into the fray whenever you need to. If you want us to come pick you up when the boat pulls in, just let me know what time to be pierside and we will be there. ok to be more domestic here....perhaps SOON, if he responds to a flirt or two ... you can send two emails, one from you, one from 'the family'...

Well, let me go for now. We will see you soon. We love you and miss you and are keeping you in our prayers. I love this, never lose it, not matter who tells you not to do it.

SMW

You are really savvy with words...punch in a little fun there.

sg
He writes you shorter, but I think he probably really enjoys your 'care' that you put into these emails. They're comforting, and they are not over the top. You really do a lovely job. And you ARE the perfect military wife.

The above is just my playing with it.

This IS a strength of yours, and you most likely can teach the class on it.

-----and with THAT thought....Keeping Love Alive lends itself to small groups really well. Maybe after you get through this YOU would want to lead small groups of KLA for base wives.

Last edited by sgctxok; 08/07/08 04:18 AM.

sg
I just saw what VH said....it's a good idea.

sg
S
OP Offline
S
sg--

I am going to do a quick edit and repost. I wish I could begin to tell you what our emails and letters used to be like. Some of them would not be fit to print and will get purged from the trunk so that my kids do not read them !! I will hold on to them, just need to move them.

We even had a couple like that before we were serious. I am still to scared to put myself back out there like that. I know I will have to at some point, but I just cannot do it yet. I am not strong enough.

Be back in a few minutes.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis