Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18
S
OP Offline
S
Just talked to another woman whose husband has made chief. He is not out to sea and they live in the same house. She says if she has seen him awake six hours since Friday it would be a generous assessment! Yes, I definitely need to let him know that I am flexible about him seeing the kids!!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: M from Tennessee
Quote:
LMAO Mike!! I almost hope your wife does change her mind, just to see her on here--as a WAS now a LBS. The 2x4s would fly then!

well if you see someone come on here as K from Tennessee then by all means..let the wood fly and swing damn hard. taht would be something, me go all WAS on her..and the worm turn for her as LBS..

would that be considered "Kharma"?

I would have to say yes, it is! LOL

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

E
E
Quote:
I am thinking, since he is going to be so tied up with that and his free time is going to be sporadic, at best, that I will tell him that he is welcome to come over whenever he has the opportunity.

hey, I say if it works then just do it. He will apprecaite that I think.

R
R
SMW...

I don't see a problem with just throwing it out there in an easy manner, I'm sure with what her will be going through a stable place to feel comfortable in will keep him grounded...

Brian

Me:46/W:38
D:18/D:12
Bomb: 08/27/07
Seperated: 05/17/08
M:9/T:13
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks guys!

Brian--

that is what I am hoping for--he will consider home as a place of refuge where he can refresh, regroup, and recharge before heading back into the fray.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
EMAIL ALERT!!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Is doing the happy dance!

Just over 24 hours since I sent mine and I get a response addressed directly to me and only one little sentence to the kids.

Here is what I sent:

Quote:

H,

How goes it on the big grey boat? How soon after you got back on board did the fun begin? Have you chosen a sponsor or do they assign one to you?

Chief Washburn came up to me at church on Sunday and said to tell you that he would be honored to sign your charge book. I told him I would pass the message on to you the next time I emailed you.

The kids are doing good. I think S2 has a bit of a sinus infection. I am going to keep an eye on him over the next couple of days and see how he is doing. I am going up to the school to register D5 for kindergarten tomorrow. I cannot believe our Peanut is going to be starting school! I remember sitting in the New Mom tent with her, waiting for you to come off the boat and see her for the first time, as if it were only yesterday. D8 is D8, and that pretty much sums her up! D16 has tutoring today and then is off for the next week and a half while her tutor is out of town.

I called the thrift store yesterday, but they were already closed for the day. They are open again on Wednesday and Thursday, so I will get out there one of those two days to grab coveralls for you. Did you say that you need name tapes, too? I honestly cannot remember. I know you did say you had your crows. Is there anything that you need me to take care of for you? I have been reading the forums since you left. Some of the things women are posting that their husbands are having to do are interesting, to say the least! One woman had to go buy an 18 count box of eggs for her husband. We were joking about him being involved in egging the CO's house or something similar! LOL. Another said her husband has to get up at 3:30 in order to make PT in the morning. Apparently they live over half an hour away from the base. Told her she should try the Norfolk traffic, that the base only LOOKS close to everything!

Let me close this up and drop it in your inbox. Hope you are getting some sleep. I won't say enough, as I am positive that is not happening!! We will see you soon. We are praying for you, we miss you, and we love you! Stay safe!

SMW

Here is what I got back:

Quote:

SMW,

The big grey boat sucks right now! This sh^t is worse than boot camp but, I have to go through it. We never did this much working out in boot camp either. The fun started as soon as I came on the boat that day. Chief was standing at the entrance of the tunnel waiting on me. I can't think of any uniform items I'll need right now, thank you though. I wish I were one of the guys going through the process on shore. It has to be a lot easier being able to escape to the real world. We have sooo little time to ourselves during the day. I haven't been able to check my email in a couple of days. It's kind of like mail call during boot camp a little something to help you escape. Anyways, I'll talk to you guys later. Take care. Tell the chillens I miss them and can't wait to get back to them.

H

Now, I know this probably sounds stupid and kind of a chick thing to notice, but the font color on the email was not black. It is the blue he always used to use before when he would email me--prebomb.

So, I will email him back something nice and uplifting, maybe drop in about him beign able to come escape whenever he needs to, as he is obviously going to need to do that.

Friendly is definitely there and maybe a need to talk to someone who would understand???

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
I wonder if he has to delete the word love out of his email because he types it "by accident" like I do?

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

T
T
It looks like you are very happy right now. Excellent! I will have to read up to find out what exactly sparked your elation. I am happy for you .....SMV ..lol.

debut thread
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Tomato
It looks like you are very happy right now. Excellent! I will have to read up to find out what exactly sparked your elation. I am happy for you .....SMV ..lol.

LOL

You troublemaker!!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

T
T
It is what I am best at. Well it might be a tie between that and something else. Wink wink nudge nudge.

debut thread
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard