Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
T
T
Hi SMW

I am a bit tardy in offering my congratulations to you and H for the wonderful advancement. You have been handling things incredibly well.

debut thread
T
T
If you are feeling the urge to send him an email, then do it. Just short and sweet as you said.

debut thread
E
E
Quote:
Actually, courtesy of H making Chief, we may not be able to go to 3 Doors Down, LOL! I have been told that that is the night of the Khaki Ball, a cocktail party we will have to attend. None of the dates are in stone yet and the Spouse Meet and Greet has been delayed due to the ship pulling back out. Hopefully we will know something by the end of the week.

hey sounds like a party either way..good on you which ever one happens.

Quote:
No 2x4s for me, huh? Good, I am glad!! I know if you and Ian are not swinging I must be doing alright.

due to a severe drought in our area there is a severe shortage of wood therefore I must conserve the 2x4's for the most deserving...in other words I'm saving them for Racefan...

I'll keep praying yopu keep working

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Ted, for the congratulatons and encouragement!

I am going to do some things around the house--with four kids it is never as clean as I would like. Funny enough, I used to not care about it, but when we moved in here, right after the bomb drooped, I became almost obsessive about keeping on top of the housework. I guess because it was something I had control over while my marrige was spinning out of control.

It was something that bothered my H--my lackadasical attitude about cleaning house. This is a major 180 for me and something that has been noticed. But, it was, again, something I did for me. I feel better about walking through a clean, picked-up house before I go to bed every night. Now, if I could just get the kids to clean their rooms, I would be a step up on the game. I have taken to making them keep their doors closed so I do not have to look at it.

I will check in with everyone later. I am wondering if you all had really good weekends since no one had very much to say over the weekend.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: M from Tennessee
Quote:
Actually, courtesy of H making Chief, we may not be able to go to 3 Doors Down, LOL! I have been told that that is the night of the Khaki Ball, a cocktail party we will have to attend. None of the dates are in stone yet and the Spouse Meet and Greet has been delayed due to the ship pulling back out. Hopefully we will know something by the end of the week.

hey sounds like a party either way..good on you which ever one happens.
Yep, thats us Navy people, we know all about good parties!

Quote:
No 2x4s for me, huh? Good, I am glad!! I know if you and Ian are not swinging I must be doing alright.

due to a severe drought in our area there is a severe shortage of wood therefore I must conserve the 2x4's for the most deserving...in other words I'm saving them for Racefan... [/quote] LOL I will warn Brian to duck the next time I see him!

Quote:
I'll keep praying yopu keep working

You got a deal!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

T
T
It was a very interesting w/e for moi. I do not know what it all means or how it will play out. God surely does. If I want to know, then I guess I had better just ask him.

In a nutshell, even though my darling was having a rather miserable w/e. She did mysteriously choose to reach out to me during a brief phone convo in an apparent effort to clarify the nature of her involvement w/ OM. She downplayed his significance in her life & even said that it had ended ?? My only response was to tell her that it was her life and her business, not something she needs to share with me. So, I did say that I appreciated her mentioning it but that it was her business.

It felt right to give her that response. I do not really know what she was looking for or what her motivation was for even having that talk with me. Then again, I am the epitome of a DAM.

debut thread
S
OP Offline
S
You are not the epitome of a DAM, so get that thought out of your head!

I find it interesting that your darling felt it was necessary to clarify the nature of her relationship with the OM. HHHHMMM

I agree, you need to ask God how to proceed and for clarity on the situation. He is the fount of wisdom and will point you in the right direction.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
I have a question for the guys on this board--or maybe not--as you guys are not WAS. Actually, I suppose anyone with a spouse who was/is in an A may have some insight for me.

Prior to finding out about the OW, I had bought 14 Valentine's Day cards to send to my H, one each day--that way he would even get a few after the fact. three made it in the mail (the rst are in my nightstand). I also had sent a couple other cards post-bomb, once H had agreed to go to counseling when he got here. A couple of those cards are on his night stand in our room, in a pile of assorted other things. The three Valentine's Day cards and two others I sent were in an envelope of stuff from military counseling services that he had in the car, along with his service record, his orders, and some divorce info he picked up from base legal. The cards were visible through the window on the envelope--you could see my handwriting on the envelopes--so H would have to know they are in there. The counseling stuff, BTW, was on marriage counseling.

When I drove him to the pier, I noticed that the envelope and his service record were in a bag for him to carry on the ship. Curiosity finally got the better of me a little bit ago and I looked in the back of the car. All the divorce stuff is still here. Of course, now a part of me wants to throw it out!!

Should I put any credence into the fact that he took that envelope, especially in light of how the weekend went? Even if he did not intentionally grab the cards, I suppose there is a good chance he may re-read them, right? They are full of my accepting my part in our situation, hope for the future, etc.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

K
K
Hon,
I am no WAH but if you want my 2 cents here it is :you know he has them, now forget it. What could you possibly "build around" that? Sure there is a chance he took them with him on purpose, but what reading them again will "do to him" you will never know. Many little things matter IMO, but we never know how much each of these things weighted (spelling?).

Hon, you are doing so well and I am so happy to hear you excited and strong...
Love
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
S
OP Offline
S
You are right K

It is good that he has them, as there is always the potential for him re-reading them and doing even more thinking about how wonderful I am and how much he is missing what we had together (much like what he told our friend last week).

My friends see the difference in me, my mom says I am livign a fantasy life that will fall apart when the rug gets pulled out from under me again. She is so kind. SIGH

Alright, off to feed the kids.

Back later!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18