Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
G
G
Thinking about you. Hope everything goes well. It will if H knows what's good for him!

Me45 W35 M6 T8
D16 SD11 D0
Dec 07: Bomb
July 08: Busted!
Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks G! My fingers are crossed for a comfortable family-oriented couple of days. The kids mentioned wanting to go to the street festival down at the Oceanfront and H seemed amenable to it. We will see.

Then, the ship pulls back out on Saturday and will be back about 6 days later, God willing and the Chief of Naval Operations does not change his mind.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

K
K
Good Luck Hon!!!
Love ya
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
V
V
(((((SWM)))))
I hope you have a great couple of days!

N
N
SMV-
my fingers are crossed for you too! Just remember....NO expectations...go with the flow...Difficult, i know..but doable.....enjoy the time!!!!!!!

ME:32 WAW:31
D #1: 3.5 D #2: 2
Together: 13 M:6
Bomb Dropped: 2/15/08
Sep legally: 6/18/08

"Tommorrow there'll be sunshine, and all this darkness past..."
-Bruce Springsteen Land of Hope and Dreams

J
J
SMW,
I am sure things will go well! Keep those expectations under control though.
I am rooting for you guys every step of the way.

J210

S
S
Hey SMW...

Glad to see your email was received well. I really couldn't tell by his response that he would for SURE let you pick him up, but obviously it worked.

I would be careful next time though, that email could have been taken as pressure and if he really didn't want to come home for some reason, he would have felt guilty.

To me, the email was great for someone who is in a M that is not having problems. However, it was a tad on the desperate side since you guys ARE having problems. HOWEVER, if he seemed to have a good time, and him turning towards you in the car was really really good, so perhaps he did not take the email in the way I mentioned.

oh, the license plate story is wonderful! I'm so glad you were able to "see" God's message for you! Sometimes I need to just slow down and wait for his message to me too.

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006
H "said" PA/EA over 8/2006
H erased OW off phone! 2/2007

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
A
A
I'm also rooting for you and will be anxious to hear how things go. I know that if anyone can do/say the right things, it's you. Your faith has already been an inspiration to me in the short time I've been around!

Amy M

Me 39 H 36
S 7 S 4
T 15 M 12
H out 8/1/08
OW confirmed 8/6/08
D final on 6/12/09...I'm doing good!
G
G
(((((((Wishing you well, SMW)))))))

Thanks again for all your support! \:\)

Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward. ~ Joseph Campbell
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for all the well-wishes everyone!

H left here around 10pm to drive to his mom and dad's. He was still tired, it is late, and the route is a lot of curvy backroads, so I asked him to please call me when he gets in, so I know he made it alright. He said not a problem, he would call me so I did not worry, that he was sure he would crash once he got there.

After dinner tonight, he asked me if he could stay here at the house on Friday night, so he can get up with the kids on Saturday and spend as much time with them as possible. I told him it was not a problem, he was welcome to stay. He will probably sleep in D8's room in the spare bed. I do not think I will offer to let him sleep in mine. I would not be responsible for my actions if he accepted!!

Everything has been very comfortable and light. We got a confirmed reliable rumor that results for his advancement will be released tomorrow afternoon. H said if I hear about them being out, to call him and he will look it up on the computer right away, so we will know--and yes, he said we. He seems excited about it all the sudden, which is a good thing. His shop chief, the one I knew prior to H going to the ship, gave H a Chief's anchor to wear pinned inside his shirt pocket for luck.

We did not go to the street festival--it started raining around 3 and did not let up until well after 8, too late by the time we would have gotten the kids organized and out the door. So, instead, we spent a nice quiet evening at home. Well, as quiet as you can get with three kids under 10!!

I had gotten a couple of small projects done around the house this week and H noticed them. I recovered a bench in our living room and he asked if my mom came over and did it, as I always got her to help in the past. I was proud to tell him that no, I had managed it all on my own.

I also finally unpacked and set up my display cases. I collect Seraphim Angels and since we moved in the boxes have been sitting on the shelves. He complimented me on how pretty the display looks--I added flowers, ribbons, shells, and other little doodads. It really does look nice and it was good to know he noticed.

OOOHHH

He just called that he was at his parents. Took a little longer than usually does and I asked was he doing okay. He said yeah, he got sleepy and stopped to get a drink and walk around for a minute or two. Told me he would call when he is heading back tomorrow. Also said he would be checking on the advancement results through out the day and reminded me to call if I hear anything about them being posted. Told me he will call me as soon as he knows something if he has not heard from me yet.

I told him to try to get some sleep and get his schedule back on track. I wished him a good night, he said good night to me and told me to sleep well.

I think I did a really good job of keeping things light and not having any expectations of what might or might not happen helped make me calmer and more at ease with him. He sought me out where ever I was sitting to sit and talk to me. He really wanted to talk about what work is like and what all is going on. I do not mind listening, as I have always been interested in what he does, anyway. Now, though, I am better about validating without interjecting my two cents.

I cannot wait to see him again tomorrow night. I may have a movie playing when he gets here--Oh I just started it, want to join me? No chick flick, but something I know he would want to see. Will depend on what time he heads back.

Wow this is long! Let me close it up and I will catch ya'll later! I definitely have some thanks to be offering to God at bedtime tonight. I am humbled by the blessings I am receiving from Him.

Smooches!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis