Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
S
OP Offline
S
Ted--

I am still in awe at the wonder of Him. My prayer friend told me that God had been trying to get my attention all weekend with little things and I was not paying attention. She called the license plate the Biblical equivalent of Him standing in front of me and jumping up and down for my attention.

IC was wonderful and my counselor is amazed at my strength in all of this. I told her it is not my strength, but His grace that has me standing firm in my belief in restoration.

Ted, you are always in my prayers, as are all my friends here. Stand strong my friend, and KNOW that HE is with you.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

N
N
SMV-
wow.....that was awesome....it really was. I'm so happy for you!!! ^5^5 (that means hi 5)
reading that little story has made me feel better about my sitch than i have all day. That plus a little springsteen always helps!!!!!!

ME:32 WAW:31
D #1: 3.5 D #2: 2
Together: 13 M:6
Bomb Dropped: 2/15/08
Sep legally: 6/18/08

"Tommorrow there'll be sunshine, and all this darkness past..."
-Bruce Springsteen Land of Hope and Dreams

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Neil!

I am glad that you feel better about your sitch today, too. I totally got the high 5, but we have got to get you off the Springsteen .

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: gForce
You do that a lot. Give a little tease then go dark. Grrrr...

Must work, LOL!! you keep coming around!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

N
N
Originally Posted By: sadmilitarywife
but we have got to get you off the Springsteen .

that's not gonna happen. he's half the reason i survive!!

ME:32 WAW:31
D #1: 3.5 D #2: 2
Together: 13 M:6
Bomb Dropped: 2/15/08
Sep legally: 6/18/08

"Tommorrow there'll be sunshine, and all this darkness past..."
-Bruce Springsteen Land of Hope and Dreams

T
T
Originally Posted By: sadmilitarywife
I am still in awe at the wonder of Him. My prayer friend told me that God had been trying to get my attention all weekend with little things and I was not paying attention. She called the license plate the Biblical equivalent of Him standing in front of me and jumping up and down for my attention.

Hi SMW- Glad to hear that things are going well for you. I wish I could say the same for me. The Lord certainly has managed to get my attn now. Some very stupid things that I have done are coming back to bite me in the rear. When I called my DD15 tonight I received some pretty awful news. I have only myself to thank for the news I am now dealing with. My visits with her are not going to be allowed anymore. I am rather ashamed and embarrassed as to the reasons why this is happening. There certainly was not any kind of sexual misconduct or wrongdoing involved in it. But as a result of not complying with the rules which were established for the visits that I had with her, I apparently will not be allowed to see her anymore. Suffice it to say, I am disgusted with myself. I feel like an idiot. My half-baked experiment of being a dad has failed miserably because I do not follow rules. More than likely, if I ever see her again, it won't be for another 3 years when she turns 18. I got what I deserved. The Lord has got my attention. I'll pray on it and I will be asking for forgiveness.

Originally Posted By: SMW
Ted, you are always in my prayers, as are all my friends here. Stand strong my friend, and KNOW that HE is with you.

Thanks, I sure do need them.

debut thread
S
OP Offline
S
Ted--

I am so sorry for what has happened with your DD. you did what most any parent would have done. you have become comfortable in the relationship that the two of you have established and simply forgot the ground rules. It is unfortunate that things have playyed out the way they have. Turn it over to Him, wo has all the power to work things out for good. Prayers and {{{{{hugs}}}}.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
I have a dilemma and need some help/advice.

Just got the careline update for H's ship. They will pull in tomorrow around 10am and pull back out on Saturday morning. H has to be at work all day on Friday. He has yet to address this or respond to my last email.

I am wondering if I should email him, telling him that I got the update, and would he like for me to come get him so he can spend the day with the kids. What do ya'll think?

WE are still waiting on advancement results. I have nerves so bad I cannot explain it. C and I talked about it yesterday. I told her it is a diffent kind of nerves than it has been in the past. If I were a betting woman, I would be willing to put money on H making it this year. I am more nervous about how he will andle the 6 week induction period. During this time, the selectees are literally torn down and built back up again. The core values of the Navy--Honor, Courage, and Commitment are beat into their heads incessantly. How is he going to respond to this pressure and the inevitable conflict with his actions that will result from it?

I know that I can not do anything to help him, all I can do is be here to support him. How do I let him know that I AM here to support him? I know that this musing is preeemptive, as the results are not out yet, but it is still meandering through my mind. I have prayed on it and do not know what God wants me to do.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

K
K
Hi Hon!!

I would send the email. After all the kids will really want to spend some time with him, right? Just be flexible with suggesting you picking him up so he doesn't feel you are trying to "control" him...

About his job, hmmmm, I have no f@cking clue what it is they do to them but I trust your judgement that it will be difficult. Well, "Honor and Committement" don't sound bad to me. Maybe he will learn something...

Hon, he is not your fifth child, he is a big boy, if he gets it, he should be able to make it...
Love
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Kalni
Hi Hon!!

I would send the email. After all the kids will really want to spend some time with him, right? Just be flexible with suggesting you picking him up so he doesn't feel you are trying to "control" him...

Nope, just going to send something simple--

Dear H--

I heard the schedule update on the careline today. Since you will be in a day earlier, with early liberty, would you like for me to come pick you up? I thought you might like to get off the boat, spend the day with the kids, and eat a home-cooked meal. I can run you back out to the boat later on that evening, since you have duty on Friday.

Quote:
About his job, hmmmm, I have no f@cking clue what it is they do to them but I trust your judgement that it will be difficult. Well, "Honor and Committement" don't sound bad to me. Maybe he will learn something...
I really do not know exactly what goes on during induction, either. All we know is what gets whispered about over the years. My FIL is retired two rates above the one H is shooting for and says that it is a life-changing experience.

Quote:
Hon, he is not your fifth child, he is a big boy, if he gets it, he should be able to make it...
I know, it is just my nature to worry about him. Can't help it.

Thanks for the thoughts, hon. I am trying to stay busy and not think about things too much right now. I know that God will point me in the right direction when it comes time for me to need to know. It is that patience thing rearing its ugly head.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard