Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
T
T
Hi SMW

I like the addition to your sig line.

I will be praying for the promotion for your H.

I will have to look back at my posts from you to see if you ever used the special term of endearment, "hon", LOL.

debut thread
S
S
Hi (((SMW)))

I think you're doing great. The e-mail was really nice & supportive.

I do relate to the comment about OW "letting him be himself". I always felt that OM let me be myself. Whatever I wanted to feel was okay, & he'd agree with me. If I said H was a jerk, OM agreed. If I was sad, OM would validate that sadness. When I talked to OM about my childhood, he would remind me it wasn't my fault, that it wasn't my garbage, that I didn't have to carry it around anymore.

In comparison, when I had tried to talk to H about my childhood, he had always responded "get over it". At first, I thought this meant that OM cared more. Looking at it now, I realize it was too painful for H to listen to.

New relationships are always fun & exciting & easy because people are on their "best behavior". Besides, how hard is it to be nice for an hour or two a day ?

hugs

M 19 years, MC for 8 months, DB'd for 8 months
4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
I was never meant to be a doormat. It took me years of therapy to become assertive enough to stop his abuse.
E
E
Hey SMW, I know you're a fan..3 Doors Down will be in Virgina Beach, Raleigh and Charlotte in Sept..

S
OP Offline
S
I KNOW!! Sept 14th at the Amphitheater for me. I have to wait to see what happens with H's promotion. That is also the last weekend he will be home before deployment. I had considered tickets for him for his birthday, but I do not think we are there yet.

I will be back in a bit. I had an interesting morning and really want to put it out for everyone here, especially those standing for their marraige from a position of faith that God keeps his promises. God is good, ALL the time.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

K
K
Hon, we are waiting...

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
G
G
You do that a lot. Give a little tease then go dark. Grrrr...

Me45 W35 M6 T8
D16 SD11 D0
Dec 07: Bomb
July 08: Busted!
Thread
T
T
Originally Posted By: sadmilitarywife
I had an interesting morning and really want to put it out for everyone here, especially those standing for their marraige from a position of faith that God keeps his promises.

Did I hear someone talking about me??

God truly is great!

debut thread
S
OP Offline
S
Alright, alright.

D16 needed the computer to look some geometry stuff up.

This morning, I was looking for the enrollment stuff for D5 fro kindergarten. It had somehow gotten mixed in with all of the pre-deployment stuff from H's ship. It hit me, all of the sudden, that I only have 7 weeks until H deploys. there is still so much that is left in the air---and I am not even talking about between us. I am still not sure how my having money is going to be handled, I do not have a POA, etc. I started gettig a really panicked feeling in my stomach and was getting more and more frantic about it by the minute. This all occured as I was walking out the door to go see my IC.

I attend IC at my church, which is located in the middle of a big neighborhood--full of houses and apartment complexes. As I turned onto the road where the church is, a car turned in front of mine. Its license plate read "PS91 5". the car turned the opposite direction from the church as I pulled into the church parking lot. I stopped the car and quickly grabbed by Bible, KNOWING that I NEEDED to look up the scripture.

Psalms 91:5 reads--

You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day.

I was so moved by this scripture and obvious sign from our Father that I burst into tears in my car. I thanked Him and pulled myself together. My IC knew I was upset the minute she saw me. I told her I was not upset, but overwhelmed at the grace and mercy of God. I recounted everything to her and she agreed.

So, there is my testimony for today.

Sorry you all ahd to wait for it.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

T
T
SMW

Don't you just love those moments?

debut thread
T
T
thx for sharing that one. He is amazing. I hope your IC session went well.

Bring glory to His name in all you do. This has been kind of a tough one for me as of late. Please pray for me and for the family.

debut thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard