Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Go for it.

Post it....I'll help. Then I'm running/yoga and going for ice cream. At this point, I may try a few flavors.

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
S
OP Offline
S
Here is the newest email I received from H:

Quote:
Hey all,
Things are going smoothly out here. I’ve never been this relaxed at sea before. The optempo is a little slower than what I was used to on the Truman. It’s either that or recruiting duty set the bar for staying busy. Chief results should be out NLT Thursday from what I’m hearing. Chief came in to work the other morning and said he had a dream that all of us first classes in the shop made chief and we were at his beckoning call, making his coffee and the whole nine yards. There really isn’t much gear to run for a change. Like I said the optempo is a lot slower and CASS pretty much does all the work for you. It has you move cables around while it tests the gear itself. Then it tells you what’s bad and then you need to decide if the bench is right or if it’s something else. Not much fun in my book. If I don’t make Chief, I’ll probably take over Shop 3, that’s w/c 610/660 or, shop 9 on the Truman. I’d probably enjoy that more because you have to actually troubleshoot the gear down there. I wouldn’t have as much free time as I do now but, I’d have ownership of a shop at least.

D5– I can’t wait to see your bedroom. I’m sure you did a good job rearranging your stuff. Are you playing Candy Land today?

S2– I love you too bud. I’m on the big grey boat that launches airplanes. I’m busy shining my shoes.

D8– Yes, I will come play Candy Land with you when I get back. A board game? How about a game of Tivitz?

D16– I know you didn’t take the Corona from the frig. I spoke with BF's dad the other day and he said it was Friend A. You’re off the hook. Good luck with that job interview! Wish you the best. You did better than I could at a Geometry test, congrats!

Love,
DAD

The notes to the kids are in answer to what they had added to the last email. D8 asked her dad to go to church with us to play Human CandyLand, so I am guessing, if he does not have duty, that he is going to join us for that.

I find it interesting that he is talking about making Chief so much now. His making Chief was a dream and goal that I always thought that we shared. One of the things that he kept saying when he first got here was that he didn't really want to make it. I do know, like he mentioned, that he likes to stay busy, and would rather work hands on than push papers across a desk.

So, how to respind. Obviously, I will comment on the work stuff that he talks about and there will be notes from the kids again. But, what do I tell him about me and what I am doing? Do I tell him that at all? I am anxiously awaiting some input.

SG I will hit notify for you and hiopefully ST will drop in, too. I will not be answering this before tomorrow.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

Ok...just respond to show you listened well, keep it light.

Talk about the kids be upbeat...if you want....post what you want to write and I'll read it and offer suggestions. You're not going to tell him much about you in this letter.

We're going to start storytelling, though...I mean painting apicture, not lying.

sg
I liked the last email you sent.

What are you doing for yourself?

What motivates your H (in the past as well as now)?

What do you think attracts him to the OW?

sg
S
OP Offline
S
Alright, SG. I am taking the kids to the boardwalk to see some chalk artists, so I will write it later tonight and post it.

I know what you mean about storytelling. The beginning of our relationship was based on lots and lots of letterwriting, so I just need to remember what I did then. Might need to pull out the box with his responses to my letters to refresh my memory.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
I have taken the summer off from school to spend time with the kids. I go swimming, take the kids places, I started attending Church again and have become active in a prayer group, as well. I like to just sit and read, nothing in particular, as I will read anything that has words on it. I am busy doing things around the hosue and in the yard.

My D16 has lots of friends over and they love to just hang out and play board games with me. I visit with friends.

I have lost a lot of weight (about 75lbs) since the beginning of the year. I will be starting to work out to keep tat going in a positive direction.

What motivates my H??? You know, I am still not sure. My cousin insists that I motivate him. That he worked to be a better person for me. I never saw it that way, I jsut saw it as him thriving with encouragement. He has told me, in the past, that knowing that I was holding things together for him while he was gone gave him the strength to keep going.

What attracts him to the OW?? I do not know the OW. I have only seen a picture of her and only know what friends have told me about her. They were co-workers in MI. I do not know what is attractive about her. H has said that she lets him be himself. I am not sure what the heck he meant by that. I do know, thoguh, that there were NO responsibilities with her. No kids, nothing. Her kids are older than ours--late teens. I know he spent a lot of time playing video games over at her place .

Honestly, since she is a bit older than H (15 years), I think he is looking for the nurturing that was missing from his mother, and was lost from me when I went through my depression and we were separated by the military and family obligations last year. A lot of stuff happened all at once during that time. I think he was overwhelmed and looked to her to escape from reality. I found a copy of his cell phone bill while visiting my inlaws. He spent over 3300 minutes on the phone with her last month.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

Do you have places for him to escape at your house....places to play computer games, video games.

Can YOU get into online gaming and 'hook up' with him online? Maybe even at first without him knowing who yo are?

" The beginning of our relationship was based on lots and lots of letterwriting, so I just need to remember what I did then. Might need to pull out the box with his responses to my letters to refresh my memory."

great idea

sg
S
S
(((SMW))), Hi ! *waves*

M 19 years, MC for 8 months, DB'd for 8 months
4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
I was never meant to be a doormat. It took me years of therapy to become assertive enough to stop his abuse.
S
OP Offline
S
Hi {{{{{SC}}}}}

Can I tell you again, how very much I admire you???

How do YOU think I am doing? YOu, SG, Phoenix, and ST are the ones who have jumped in right from the beginning to help and I value your opinions so much.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
Do you have places for him to escape at your house....places to play computer games, video games.

The downstairs of our house has a big family room where the TV and video systems are. When he was still living at home, he kept his laptop in the living room upstairs and would lik into the internet from there. I know that there were times in the past when I would complain about the video games--mostly because I just do not get it. Ironic, when you think about it, because I am the one that bought the game systems for the house.

When he first came home from MI, I would sit and watch him play the one online game he does play and he would willingly explain how things worked on it. I was honestly trying to understand the concepts of the games, but I am thinking that he figured it was just me trying to manipulate him, as it was a sore spot in the past.

Can YOU get into online gaming and 'hook up' with him online? Maybe even at first without him knowing who yo are?

I had actually considered doing this at one point in time. Now, since he is living on the ship, he is not able to access the internet to play anymore.

I have the kids napping right now, so I do not throw them into the ocean and leave them there when we go to the beach. I will pull out the letters and look at them. They are difficult to read, as there is a lot of emotion from our new love there, but they make me feel good inside, too, as I know that, no matter how much he says he never loved me, I have proof otherwise.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard