Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
S
S
Blueberry Cobbler

2 pints fresh blueberries
1 cup water
1/4 cup sugar

Boil above ingredients together for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

Beat together:

1/4 cup softened butter
3/4 cup sugar

mix til smooth. Then add:

1 cup Krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Pour batter into large baking dish (11 1/2 x 7).

Spoon berries over the top using most of the juice. Dot with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.

Bake at 375 for 35 to 40 minutes, top should be golden brown.

You can use the remaining juice when you serve it or as a syrup for pancakes.

G
G
(((SMW)))The hug at the pier sounded very special.
Originally Posted By: sadmilitarywife
The Christian part of me says to send it, but the selfish, worldly part that I still fight says tough luck. So, I guess I just answered my own question. I will send an email tomorrow.
Good move. You'll never regret doing the right thing. I've been lurking and just needed to take a moment to tell you how much I admire your strength. God has truly blessed you with a special gift of faith! Peace.

Me:44, WAW hx bi-polar H:48, hx of abuse
S:22, S:19, D:16
Filed Oct 08, dismissed
Filed again Jan 10, dismissed
Now Piecing
alter persona: SuperBoots
G
G
Oh YUMMY, Sara. Now my mouth is watering for blueberry muffins! Peace.

Me:44, WAW hx bi-polar H:48, hx of abuse
S:22, S:19, D:16
Filed Oct 08, dismissed
Filed again Jan 10, dismissed
Now Piecing
alter persona: SuperBoots
S
OP Offline
S
Sara--

Thanks for the recipe! Guess what I am making tomorrow night?????

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: goldeylox
(((SMW)))The hug at the pier sounded very special.
Originally Posted By: sadmilitarywife
The Christian part of me says to send it, but the selfish, worldly part that I still fight says tough luck. So, I guess I just answered my own question. I will send an email tomorrow.
Good move. You'll never regret doing the right thing. I've been lurking and just needed to take a moment to tell you how much I admire your strength. God has truly blessed you with a special gift of faith! Peace.

Goldey--

The hug at the pier probably meant more to me than it did to H, but so what, right?

You are right about not regreting the right thing. You know, shortly before H left, I found a quote that I wanted to post on my fridge. I might still put it there. It says

Do not live with regrets for the past. It was what you wanted at the time.

Thank you for the atta boy. I needed it tonight. I have put S2 back to bed too many times to count this evening and now I just do not have the energy left to post what I wanted to. I guess that will be tomorrow night's project.

Sleep well all, and I will see you tomorrow.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

G
G
smw - lots of good signs. I'm glad for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you during H's deployment.

Me45 W35 M6 T8
D16 SD11 D0
Dec 07: Bomb
July 08: Busted!
Thread
S
OP Offline
S
{{{{{G}}}}}

Thanks G!

I am going to post later on what I talked about last night. I am also going to post my email for review before I send it. For this morning, I am going to veg out outside and tan up a bit. I might even do some yard work in the process.

D16 saw me start typing the email and said I should not email him first---if we (meaning her and the other kids) were important enough to him, he would contact me to see how things were going and what everyone was up to. I am still shocked by how angry she is. She is in regular counseling. I hope she can start to resolve some of this anger that she is holding in. Her grandmother is taking her to her counseling appointments. I think that is the only person D16 is not mad at.

I will be in later! Smooches!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
Had a good day today. Spent a few hours outsde with D5 and S2, until it just got to hot and humid to stay out any longer. then we jsut kind of vegged in teh livinh room. D8 is grounded to her room for the week for failing to keep it clean and for getting into D16's stuff. She won't clean it, then she can sit in her own mess.

I have not finished my email to H yet. I honestly have just been enjoying the time not having to think about anything too much. D16 and I cooked dinner together this evening, then I went to prayer group at church. We pray for each other and assorted needs throughout the church community.

I am going to get something to drink and then post a few things. I will be back in a bit.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

V
V
(((((SMW)))))

I hope things keep going well. I think this time could really be useful. I think it might kind of turn down the pressure on both of you, for a bit. Hang in there!

T
T
Hi SMW

The more I think about that name you chose for yourself on here I am glad it is not applicable right now. You don't sound sad at all. Anyway Jesus does not let us stay sad for too long.

I endured another day of no contact from DD15. She seems to be giving me the brush off. I understand that this is normal for a teenager to act this way but the dynamic at work between her and I is quite a lot different than any ordinary father/daughter relationship. When I spent the w/e with her, over a week ago, she did try and tell me one morning that she wanted to just be friends and didn't feel so comfortable considering me to be her dad. I kind of refused to hear what she was saying cuz I didn't want to hear it. I told her that I already considered her to be one of my best friends but that I would always think of her as my daughter and that I love being her dad.

Christ is amazing. His love endures forever.

debut thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard