Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Kalni
Great job HON!!! Great!!!
As always, if I may say so. I missed you. I am sorry I haven't been around. This virus has been torturing me...

I hope the next 3 weeks are easy on you. I will also pray (in Greek) that your H finds himself during these 3 weeks and comes back only to make that dream of yours true...
Love
K

I understand you are sick, Hon! I am glad you are starting to feel better. Luckily I am equipped to handle deployment separations, so it will not be too bad, other than missing my husband--which I always do when he is gone, anyway.

Thank you for your prayers! I am sure Greek prayers are melodic and heck, the original bibles were written in Aramaic and Greek, so the language is more familiar to God's ears, right? I am hopeful for a turnaround in H's attitude.

Feel better, my friend!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

S
OP Offline
S
I am off to pick blueberries with D8 and my mom. We are going to can and freeze them. I am getting hungry just thinking about blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes! YUMMY!!! Oh, I have a blueberry buckle recipe, too!

We are also going to check out a couple of the roadside fish sellers. Mom said something about a crab boil this evening, and that would be awesome!

I have not recieved any emails from H yet and honestly did not expect to. Should I sendhim one. Just something Chatty telling him what the kids are doing? I am thinking no, that I should give him a good few days to think about what he is missig out on when he is not here and not communicating. Anyone agree or disagree?

Alright, I will see ya'll later!

Smooches!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
S
Quote:
I have not recieved any emails from H yet and honestly did not expect to. Should I sendhim one. Just something Chatty telling him what the kids are doing? I am thinking no, that I should give him a good few days to think about what he is missig out on when he is not here and not communicating. Anyone agree or disagree?

I definitely agree. Let him start missing you guys!

mmmmmm..... blueberry muffins... yammy \:\) .

((((((((SMW))))))))

I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders
M/T 23
Bomb #1 (ILYBNILWY) 12.06
Bomb #2 (OW) 12.07
Bomb #3 (chose OW over M) 9.08
S
OP Offline
S
Stella--

Thanks for the advice. I will think of you when I start baking later and send some virtual goodies to everyone.

Okay, so no emails out until I get one in. I can do that!

later taters!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
Packaged all of my fruits and veggies for the freezer this afternoon.

Was feeling kind of lazy this evening and really did not want to do anything. I am also starting to get tired, probably from all the sun today, so I think I am going to have a (well atleast for me) early night and try to get some sleep. I am thinking if I stick to GALs that involve lots of outside busy activity, I will be all set--I will lose more weight, get a tan, and sleep better from the exercise and fresh air! LOL

I am loving driving H's car--it helps me act as if he is just on a regular deployment, instead of the temporary current living conditions. I am sure Monday is going to be rough, when he would normally be here for visitation. I am going to prayer group at church and I know that will help.

Night all, see you tomorrow.

Smooches!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

R
R
Originally Posted By: sadmilitarywife
Packaged all of my fruits and veggies for the freezer this afternoon.

Was feeling kind of lazy this evening and really did not want to do anything. I am also starting to get tired, probably from all the sun today, so I think I am going to have a (well atleast for me) early night and try to get some sleep. I am thinking if I stick to GALs that involve lots of outside busy activity, I will be all set--I will lose more weight, get a tan, and sleep better from the exercise and fresh air! LOL

I am loving driving H's car--it helps me act as if he is just on a regular deployment, instead of the temporary current living conditions. I am sure Monday is going to be rough, when he would normally be here for visitation. I am going to prayer group at church and I know that will help.

Night all, see you tomorrow.

Smooches!

SMW

SMW...

Couldn't agree more, being outside doing whatever helps. Nothing like sweatin out the pent up frustration & emotions to cleanse ones mind and free the thoughts that ravage us here on a daily basis...

Sleep well

Brian

Me:46/W:38
D:18/D:12
Bomb: 08/27/07
Seperated: 05/17/08
M:9/T:13
S
S
oops. I messed up. I meant he's KEEPING 26-46%, not GIVING. He's giving between 74% to 54%.

On the email. I think either choice will work. Sending him something, if it is short and cute, will just show him he has love at home. Not sending, will give him space and make him wonder. So, either way I think is good for your sitch.

From what you have told us in the last few weeks, I think your H would take "ego strokes" & flirting well. But whenever your ready.

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006
H "said" PA/EA over 8/2006
H erased OW off phone! 2/2007

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
S
OP Offline
S
Journaling--

I am having an off day today. Not really sure what is triggering it. That is not true, I do know what it is. The ship left Friday, it is now Sunday, and of course we have not heard anything from H--not a single email. The general consesus is that I am not to email him unless he emails me first. Which is great, but I am thinking that I need to start typing a letter in word of all the stuff the kids are doing, jsut so I can remember everything that is going on.

I ALWAYS hated the first few days of any deployment. I have to get the kids focused and settled over the fact that daddy is not here and won't be for a while, I miss the back-up parent for when I am juggling too many balls at one time, and I miss having a awarm body next to me at 3am. Well, heck, then why am I missing him like always if I have done without all of that stuff for the past 3 1/2 months????

Don't get me wrong, I am still feeling a warm fuzzy from teh pierside hug, but the mind meanines creep in and remind me of all the past separations--intimacy before we left teh house, sitting in the car talking as long as possible because we did not want to be apart, and then the long kiss and hug before he sadly walked away. The only problem is, right now, only one of us remembers these memories. Okay, so I am making assumptions on whether or not he remembers them.

Pastor's sermon today was on living whole in a broken society. He touched on the unprecedented acceptance of infidelity and divorce, even within the body of the church. Said that even in the church, all too often in the name of donations, pastors and spiritual leaders are afraid to call a spade a spade--they might offend the wrong person with the right amount of money. That is the gist of it, but I tell you what, that man is one heck of a preacher, and I am so glad to be back in regular attendance at his church.

This is getting kind of long, but I want to journal a bit more on what I am beginning to feel is the unofficial definition of unconditional love and how it applies to a Christian marriage in crisis. I need something to drink and I will be right back.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
S
Send the guy an email. It is deployment, they are supposed to get letters from home. Just talk about the kids, and the blueberries and the crabs, but send him something.

I have a great blueberry cobbler recipe. Do you have Krusteaz pancake mix there? I use that instead of the flour and baking powder, but I'll give you the recipe without the pancake mix.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Sara
Send the guy an email. It is deployment, they are supposed to get letters from home. Just talk about the kids, and the blueberries and the crabs, but send him something.
That is part of why I am up in the air about sending it, Sara. I know how important they are, but I feel like he needs to know what happens when you walk out on your family. The Christian part of me says to send it, but the selfish, worldly part that I still fight says tough luck. So, I guess I just answered my own question. I will send an email tomorrow.

I have a great blueberry cobbler recipe. Do you have Krusteaz pancake mix there? I use that instead of the flour and baking powder, but I'll give you the recipe without the pancake mix. [/quote] OOOHHHHH send me both recipes! I will use it either way. I buy Krusteaz in a BIG box from Sam's. My kids like it better than any other pancake mix.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard