Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
R
R
Originally Posted By: sadmilitarywife
She said that she admires my strength in my stand--told her not to give me too much credit, I still have days where I am literally begging God for the strength to see me through a challenge. I am still dealing with my quick temper with the kids and that is being complicated by having to deal with them completely by myself all the time.

When does the LBS with the kids get to have a break? H cannot take the kids overnight--he has no place to take them. I have to manipulate a sitter to get any type fo a reprieve, and then I usually have the kids split up between a couple of houses. Lets be honest, four kids--well technically three--are a handful for anyone to take on.

I was just reading your latest thread and picked up on this post. I know it's not the latest, but I'm not there yet.

I just wanted to say that it sounds to me like you're doing very well! The sitch you are in totally sucks and I can remember being right where you are! I prayed constantly. It is so hard to keep this in mind, but if you can just always remember that God has a plan and we just don't know what it is yet. I told myself over & over again that EVERYTHING happens for a reason and no matter how it played out, God knew what He was doing. My H and I are together and I am thankful every day that we went through what we did so I am thankful just for the little things. Unfortunately, sometimes, until we go through these kinds of things, we kind of take our marriage etc. for granted. I make sure I don't ever do that again and it's partially b/c of what we went through that I don't.

Also, as far as the kids go, it's always tough when there are multiple children and young ones at that! I had my 3 boys, 8, 3 & 2, while H was deployed for a year and know exactly how you are feeling all of a sudden being a "single mom."

Last edited by RedHeadWife; 07/17/08 07:02 PM.

Me: 38
H: 35
S4, S5, S10
Bomb 01/07
Wanted D - nothing would change his mind
Numerous A's prior to D bomb; EA prior/during D bomb
Piecing 04/07
Deployed for a year 05/07
Still Piecing 2010
M 11 yrs 05/10
S
OP Offline
S
Well, it is probably pushing 90, BBj, but I have the A/C on and my kitchen stays pretty cool.

I have already got the stuffing in the pan to go in the oven, boiled the sweet potatoes, white potatoes are cut for mashed, baked a cake, finished 4 loads of laundry, picked up the entire house, boiled a gallon of tea, and mopped the kitchen--all since my last post. I am spray treating another load of laundry, then need to make the glaze for the sweet potatoes.

H got here around 1:30. He took D16 out to get a new ID card. He said he needs some info from me to finish up his security clearance stuff--like my ss# and the city I was born in. He siad he was not sure about the city and wanted to check before he entered it--he had it right. I teased him about my ss#. Asked him why he did not know mine, since I know his--we both started laughing, as everything I have to do for our medical, the miliatry forms, etc. ALL require his social. I have had it memorized since before we were married.

Alright, enough playing I got to get back to work. I will be in tonight after I drop him off. I think I will go for the hug!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

B
B
Go for the hug. Do it! Sounds like Thanksgiving at your house. Way better than my mcdonalds....

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
S
OP Offline
S
BobbiJo--

I did not have to go for the hug. Wanna know why? Huh? huh??

BECAUSE HE GAVE ME ONE VOLUNTARILY!!!!!!!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

V
V
(((((((SMW)))))))

S
OP Offline
S
Alright, now that i have let the really good part of my day out of the bag, I will get back to filling everyone in on what has happened the past couple of days.

SUNDAY

We left for church at 8:45 and passed H on his way to the house. When we got home, H, BIL and FIL were out back working on building the playset. It is one of those big wood ones you get at Home Depot. Folded on the sofa was the load of towels I threw in the dryer before I went to the OBX. I turned around and asked D16 and her friends of they had folded them before church. Both said no. I walked out back and got a hug from BIL and FIL. I asked H if he had folded the towels, said yes, he hoped I didn't mind but he had needed to throw some clothes in the wash. I said no, it was fine and I appreciated him folding the towels.

Told the guys I was going to head in the house and finish getting things together for dinner. I still needed to make potato salad, deviled eggs, and parboil chicken to go on the grill later. I just kind of putzed around the house doing not much of anything, other than keeping the kids out of the guys' hair. I did fold H's laundry when it came out of the dryer and hung his uniform so it did not get too wrinkled. seemed like the right thing to do.

Nothing really exciting happened all day, just a comfortable family day with all of us there. MY MIL made a comment while we were eating about how nice it was to have everyone together before H left. She was tactful enough not to mention that BIL ahs been home from deployment for over a month and a half and it should have happened sooner. Remarkable restraint on her part, trust me!

H hung around a littel past 8, but said he needed to get back to the ship--hewas exhausted and 4:30 comes early to get up. I told him to sleep well and we would see him the next day. reminded him of D16's job interview that he had offered to drive her to, he said no problem he would be here in plenty of time.

So that was Sunday.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: dry_heat
(((((((SMW)))))))

Thanks for the hug {{{{Jeff}}}}!

I have to be honest though, the one from H was better! It is the first time he has hugged me voluntarily since I flew to Michigan. Then, he hugged me when I got of the plane. Everything I got after that point I had to ask for--when my grandmother was dying, when D16 and D5 were in the hospital.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

V
V
He's going to miss you....
\:\)

S
OP Offline
S
Monday--

H got here around 3, D's interview was at 4. Since he was taking D16 to the mall for her interview, I figured he would be gone for at least an hour and cooking dinner would be rought. Also, since he offered to come over early and do it so I would not have to load all the kids up to take her, I figured the least I could do was take care of supper. Back to the exchange of favors, you know?

I told him I had pulled out some sirloins and marianted them for the grill. It was raining, but he said it was really tapering off, he would grill them when he got back. I also made some suggestions for side dishes, he said anything was fine and thanks for getting dinner together. I told him it was nothing, and that I really aprreciated him taking D16 to the mall. H also wanted to know was I going to be eating with them. Said there was enough,if it was not a problem. H said it was not, he just did not know if I had plans. Told him no, I did not feel like going out that night.

It was also just another pleasant evening, talking about nothing in particular and very comfortable. My goal for this week was to keep things upbeat and friendly, while making sure there was a lot of family time. I wanted the last memories he had of the kdis and I to be all happy, family thoughts before he left for 3 weeks. I think I succeeded.

Tuesday, he showed up out of the blue--no phone call nothing! More on that in a second, I need something to drink, I am out of iced tea in my glass.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: dry_heat
He's going to miss you....
\:\)

From your mouth to God's ears and H's heart is all I can hope for!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard