Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
A
ACJ Offline
A
As I read others posts and see thier timeline in thier signatures it never ceases to amaze me how many of the WAS leave or drop bombs at Christmas and other holiday times. how can they do that?

Me 43
XH 45
M 2.7.88
Divorce 7.10.09
Kids D20,S17 & D15
H
H
Mishka422,

There was a time where I too thought the Bible permitted divorce due to adultery then I read it myself and I did not see it at all. Instead I saw that fornication was the only allowable reason. God does not give any outs when it comes to marriage. Through research I found that fornication means sex BEFORE marriage. In Biblical times if a man found this to be true of his soon to be bride then he could stop the marriage, however once married it was not allowed.

I do not want to start a huge debate on this either, but I do not want people to think that there are "outs". The Bible also states very clearly that if a divorce were to happen both parties are to either remain single or reconcile with eachother. If either party marries a new partner it is considered adultery. That part always seems to be left out.

Jesus explained that the only reason Abraham gave certificates of divorce was due to hardened heartS, meaning both wife and husband grew a hard heart. But in the majority of the situations on this board both hearts are not hard. Jesus also explained that what God has put together let no one put asunder, which is why marrying someone new is looked at as adultery.

For marriage restoration and reconciliation only one spouse needs to stand in agreement with God. Marriage is a threecord covenant between man, wife and God. We need to fully trust God and He will heal our families.

I hope this information helps you to become more solidified in your stand for your marriage. I did a lot of research on this last year and even did the Hebrew cross references. You find a lot of articles on this topic online as well. I implore you to go back to your Bible and read it for yourself. Do not just read one verse, read all the verses around them and the entire chapters as well that helps you to get the clear meaning and message. We need to be careful with loose interpretations because when it comes to the Bible a loose interpretation can give a completely different meaning than what was originally meant.

Steelersfan has had so many amazing things happen in her sitch in the time I have known her. Amazing amazing things and turns. Her husband is on his way home 100%. When we have patience and never give up we are blessed tenfold.

Last edited by HeartScared; 07/16/08 08:30 PM.
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: ACJ
As I read others posts and see thier timeline in thier signatures it never ceases to amaze me how many of the WAS leave or drop bombs at Christmas and other holiday times. how can they do that?

They are not in their right minds at any time but you are right, what a time to do that? I am sure glad it did not happen to us like that. I can only imagine how much worse it would have felt.

The Bomb: 08/05
H moves out: 06/2006
H moves back: 01/07 & Out again: 01/07
H moves back: 03/08 & Out again: 04/08
H moves back: 05/09 & Out again: 07/09
Divorced 08-12
Kids: 22, 20, 19
M
OP Offline
M
HS:

Thank you for your post. Hopefully, it will give some a better understanding of Scripture. I sometimes think it is not until they go thru this and seek out Scripture and do a lot of research what the Bible says do they find what It really says.

I don't think anyone would be offended at all at your post.

Divorced 08-12
M
M
Yeah, trust me, Christmas will never hold the same feeling for me ever again. I will rejoice in God's gift to us in Jesus Christ but I will never be able to have the same glee I once had about the time with my family because it is not complete and never will be again.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

H
H
SF,

I too feel like Mishka when she said when her H is moving on he means he is moving on. But in my case my H has never done this before & doesn't know the OW very well or didn't before he moved in with her.

I'm so proud of you for standing for your M. I always felt at the beginning of all of this that I would not be D or my H would come back to me. I'm not sure why I had those feelings but I did.

While cleaning out the attic, I'm finding so many of his things & I think they will be here when he comes home. But I really don't know that for sure! I hope he does but I'm not sure. I just keep praying.

You are a wonderful person & I admire you!!!!

(((HUGS)))

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: mishka422
Yeah, trust me, Christmas will never hold the same feeling for me ever again. I will rejoice in God's gift to us in Jesus Christ but I will never be able to have the same glee I once had about the time with my family because it is not complete and never will be again.

I am so sorry, Mishka. I cannot even imagine. Since H has been gone, he has been here for every holiday. It would not be the same if he were not here.

Divorced 08-12
M
OP Offline
M
nlt:

Seems that many leave things behind. They just take enough out to get by with.

My H still has all of his tools here, a carton of motor oil, etc.

He has his CD's, the bills and things of that nature locked up at work, some clothes where he lives, and yet some more bags of clothes in his trunk which have been there for over two years!!!

Divorced 08-12
H
H
SF,

It is amazing how much they leave. I think my H was just trying to get out of here, that is the way it appeared anyway.

I hope he is having second thoughts by now & the grass is not greener on the other side like he thought they would be.

M
M
My H took practically everything of his. \:\(

As a matter of fact, one of the first things he grabbed were his leather biker boots from high school.

He never even owned a bike, but that was his style of clothing back then.

Me:35, ex: 36
Sons: 9 & 7
Bomb: July, 2006
Divorced 2009
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard