Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
S
OP Offline
S
Going to go work on a paper and I will be back in here later with Wednesday.

I also need some input as to handle situations like him changing visitation without a clear reason. (see my post to stella above).

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

S
S
Quote:
LOL So, in the past 2 weeks, I have four or five men's names showing up frequently on my caller ID that were never there in the past.

LOL!!!! \:D

Quote:
I also need some input as to handle situations like him changing visitation without a clear reason.

My H seemed not to remember that he had D17! He would talk to her for 2 min once a week and then he'd come over for XMas with some expensive present for her, as if trying to make it up for the total lack of interest on his part. Outwardly he appeared to be concerned about her exams, college plans, etc, but I felt that he didn't care.

Then again, my H was a 100% alien, a pure MLC case. I didn't even try to talk some sense into him. I was glad he could pull himself together to show up for XMas and summer holidays and didn't expect him to be a parent he used to be.

Sorry, I don't think it was helpful at all, just my 0,00002 cents. Don't have any advice really...

Only a ((((((hug))))).

I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders
M/T 23
Bomb #1 (ILYBNILWY) 12.06
Bomb #2 (OW) 12.07
Bomb #3 (chose OW over M) 9.08
S
S
Hi SMW, just popping in to say hi & see how you're doing. hugs

M 19 years, MC for 8 months, DB'd for 8 months
4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
I was never meant to be a doormat. It took me years of therapy to become assertive enough to stop his abuse.
S
OP Offline
S
Hi SC!

I don't know--how do you think I am doing? Some days I feel like a duck--- furiously paddling.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

G
G
When sh*t is getting thrown your way, being a duck is better than being a sponge.

I think you are doing pretty darn good.

Me45 W35 M6 T8
D16 SD11 D0
Dec 07: Bomb
July 08: Busted!
Thread
S
OP Offline
S
{{{{{g}}}}}

Thanks! Glad to hear you guys think I am doing well.

I wish I had the money to call a DB coach. I guess my IC will have to do. Saw her on Tuesday and she feels like other than giving me a place to rant, there really is not too much more she can do for me. She feels I am, for the most part, focused and in control of myself. She said that she admires my strength in my stand--told her not to give me too much credit, I still have days where I am literally begging God for the strength to see me through a challenge. I am still dealing with my quick temper with the kids and that is being complicated by having to deal with them completely by myself all the time.

When does the LBS with the kids get to have a break? H cannot take the kids overnight--he has no place to take them. I have to manipulate a sitter to get any type fo a reprieve, and then I usually have the kids split up between a couple of houses. Lets be honest, four kids--well technically three--are a handful for anyone to take on. I did luck out today--they are all ata friend's house swimming and will not be home until around 6. This gives me some time to finish these last two papers up.

I will be back in later today to check in on everyone.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
S
(((((SMW)))))

You are doing amazing. You're juggling 4 kids, as a single parent. You're going to school, & managing a home. Pretty good for a little duck. \:\)

If I lived closer, I'd say send your kids over for a few days, I've got 4 too, what's a few more.

Hugs, hang in there

M 19 years, MC for 8 months, DB'd for 8 months
4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
I was never meant to be a doormat. It took me years of therapy to become assertive enough to stop his abuse.
E
E
SMW.

Quote:
I guess my IC will have to do. Saw her on Tuesday and she feels like other than giving me a place to rant, there really is not too much more she can do for me. She feels I am, for the most part, focused and in control of myself.

Mine said the same exact words..I guess it's good for us in a way and bad also..

You're doing a great job..I know your kids will look back and really appreciate you for what you're doing.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the offer SC! Just knowing someone would be willing is nice.

The friend who took them today has five of her own. Her H is on the same ship as H. He is the one I am concerned about confronting H. My kids adore him and whenever we are over there, the kids crawl on him like a jungle gym. He is furious at H for what is happening to the kids--he says he sees the changes in them whenver he is around them. I keep telling him to please let me handle this my way, but I do not know how much longer he will heed my wishes. I can only hope that he will give me the time I need. He seems to think that he can make H stop and think about the kids. I think it will only make things worse--I mean, heck, H's best friend could not get through to him, I am pretty sure someone he barely knows will not either.

Back to the paper. Needed to take a break from it for a bit.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: M from Tennessee
SMW.

Quote:
I guess my IC will have to do. Saw her on Tuesday and she feels like other than giving me a place to rant, there really is not too much more she can do for me. She feels I am, for the most part, focused and in control of myself.

Mine said the same exact words..I guess it's good for us in a way and bad also..

You're doing a great job..I know your kids will look back and really appreciate you for what you're doing.

Thanks Mike! I am doing this as much for me and H as I am for the kids. He and I are a good thing, he just needs to remember it. Unfortunately, I cannot help him remember, he needs to do it on his own.

D16, even as mad as she is at H, has said that she still wants her family back together, that she would forgive her dad if he would just come home and make things right.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard