Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1490279 06/22/08 03:33 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Father I ask in sorrow, knowing that You do not intrude upon free will, but that You can give Divine Influence like you did with Hosea's wife, that You send a hedge of thorns and wall around (spouse's name) so that he cannot find the paths that lead him away from me and our marriage/family; and though he shall pursue his [i.e. lifestyle, sinful ways, etc.] , he will not [i.e. practice improper lifestyles, engage in sin, etc.] ; though he shall seek [i.e. improper lifestyles, sin, etc.] , he shall not find [i.e. his desired lifestyle, the sin that draws him, etc.] ; that no matter what path or what [i.e. lifestyle, sin, etc.] he seeks he shall not find satisfaction or happiness until he returns to me, his [wife & family.] where he may then be taught by Your Holy Spirit the true meaning of [ marriage & family,] , and to be a good and loving [ husband & father] , and to know the ways of righteousness and true [marriage & family,] .

Father, I am powerless against these spiritual forces and recognize my utter dependence on You and Your power. Look with mercy upon me and upon [spouse's name] .

Do not look upon our sins, O Lord; rather, look at the sufferings of your Beloved Son and see the Victim who's bitter passion and death has reconciled us to You. By the victory of the cross, protect us from all evil and rebuke any evil spirits who are attacking or influencing us in any way. Send them back to Hell and place a wall of protection around this [ marriage & family] . Send your Holy Angels to watch over us and protect us.

Father, all of these things I ask in the most holy name of Jesus Christ, Your Son. Thank you, Father, for hearing my prayer. I love You, I worship You, I thank You and I trust in You. Amen.

The Bomb: 08/05
H moves out: 06/2006
H moves back: 01/07 & Out again: 01/07
H moves back: 03/08 & Out again: 04/08
H moves back: 05/09 & Out again: 07/09
Divorced 08-12
Kids: 22, 20, 19
M
OP Offline
M
I pray this prayer three times a day. It is very powerful.

Divorced 08-12
job Offline
^

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
J
J
Thanks for posting this. Is there a special place or way that you say it?

Thanks

Jen

Jen *The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present*

The end of the DB road
M
OP Offline
M
Nope, I just do it in the privacy of my room or where ever it is quiet.

Divorced 08-12
H
H
The hedge of thorns is found in the book of Hosea 2: 6 and 7. There are a lot of scriptures in Hosea which should be prayed over our spouses. Hosea is the Bible's "stander." Even when Hosea wanted to turn away, God helped him to keep standing for his wife Gomer. After being married and having one child together. Gomer started staying out all night and gave birth to two more children which were not Hosea's. One day Gomer left leaving Hosea to rear the children. Gomer goes off and worships Baal. Hosea still cares for her and has things sent to her because she will no longer speak to him. One day Hosea sees his wife in a marketplace being sold as a slave and God commands Hosea to buy his wife. God promises Hosea full restoration and completely delivers.

Another good book to get Bible verses out of to pray over one's spouse is Song of Solomon.

T
T
Steelersfan,
Thank You for posting this prayer. I am going to print it out and use it myself.

My H and I are trying to piece back our M. However, my H is still demonstating many replay behaviors (drinking at bars everyday, flirting, wants his freedom, ignores people from our old life together). I just dont know how to get him to want to choose me and our M'd life over his new bachelor lifestyle he has created for himself while he was gone this past year.

I pray so hard that he and I can reconcile and become whole again. But things are not going so great, mostly becuase I get angry when he flirts, or when he chooses to go to the bars with his buddies instead of being with me, or when he talks badly about my family and friends.

I just dont understand, he said to me that he wants to do everything in the world to make things up to me becuase he knows how bad he hurt me this past year. So I was thrilled and said I would give him another chance, and now it is like I am just putting up with one bad or sinful behavior after another with him.

This prayer is great for my circumstances. Thank You
TIPPER

M
OP Offline
M
You can't get him to choose anything. He still has many issues to deal with in his life.

He has to come to decisions on his own. All you can do is pray and allow God to have control over the situation.

Divorced 08-12
K
K
^

B
B
Quote:
I pray so hard that he and I can reconcile and become whole again. But things are not going so great, mostly becuase I get angry when he flirts, or when he chooses to go to the bars with his buddies instead of being with me, or when he talks badly about my family and friends.

I just dont understand, he said to me that he wants to do everything in the world to make things up to me becuase he knows how bad he hurt me this past year. So I was thrilled and said I would give him another chance, and now it is like I am just putting up with one bad or sinful behavior after another with him.

Have you ever thought about changing the focus of your prayer?

I think once I stopped praying for God to restore my Marriage and started praying for my Husband's salvation and his own relationship to be restored with God, things began to change a little for me.

I knew that if my Husband was right with God, then the rest would all fall into place eventually.

Praying really helps immensely, it changes things, and most of all it changes us.

But God is not a genie, although he gives us free will to make our own choices, we also need to understand that IF something is HIS will, it will happen, but in HIS time.

He wants us to be real with him, to speak from out hearts. You don't need to memorize a prayer to be able to have him hear your request. He already knows what is in your heart.

Use the prayers of others as a guide, but they do not need to be exactly the same.

There is a wonderful book called the Power of a Prayerful Wife. This is also a great guide as you learn how to speak with God.

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard