Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
S
OP Offline
S
Jeanette--

I know you were fighting with Internet challenges, so I did not get too worried about you, but was still praying and hoping for the best for your situation. I will go over to your thread later and post some ideas of goals for the week to keep us going, just in case you cannot get in here for a few days again.

I miss you! I know what you mean about the heat and humidity! We are suffering here, too.

Rule of thumb--if you are not sure and want to run it past us first, in all likelihood--DO NOT do it! Better to err on the side of caution.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

S
OP Offline
S
John--

I do not make a big deal about outside appearance to my girls--but they are all really pretty in very different ways, so I have outside influences to contend with when it comes to their looks. I always tell then it is the inside that is important and that that will shine through to make the outside more attractive.

Yes, last night was hard. I do not know why I missed him more than usual, but it was rough. I manged to keep my mind occupied until everyone went to bed, but by 10 I was on my own. Even the TV could not distract me.

I was thrilled that H accepted my sister's invite, especially after he did not come to the get-together after my grandparents' memorial service last month--even though he attended the memorial. I am glad, too, that my sister is willing to extend herself like this, even though she is still angry with him.

You and G have both told me to make myself attractive for Sunday--as that was already a plan, I will be doubly sure to get all the elements just right--I value your masculine opinions! I know the v-neck or low cut top is an absolute. From there, I will pull it all together.

Have agood day. I am leaving teh computer for a while today. I cannot focus on school or anything. I need to get out of the house for a while.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

K
K
Hi SMW,

sorry you had a hard night. We all get those from time to time. Right when you feel you can handle the sitch, something snaps and you feel like you are back in square 1 again. It goes as it comes and little by little the effect is less painful.

Good that you are going out. I hope Sunday will be a great DB success for you. Think positive thoughts and try to have FUN. It's the best way to DB effectively.
L&XXX
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
S
S
Very glad to hear H accepted the party invite. don't worry about him turning your dinner down, he may also not want to burden you and I believe that the WAS will feel both like they won't take any offers from the LBS because 1 they feel guilty and don't want to "take" anything else from the LBS, and 2, they don't want to lead the LBS on, and 3, they are careful to keep their distance because of they thought they made the right choice, they are afraid of changing their minds.

yes, do look great and have fun and BE fun. no matter what H's mood is.

Me 33 H 34 S9 S3
M 6 yrs (2gether 11 yrs)
EA/PA 1/2006
DB 5/2006
H wants D 6/2006
H wants ME 8/2006
H "said" PA/EA over 8/2006
H erased OW off phone! 2/2007

"It is far better 2 choose humility & change oneself, than 2 wait in vain trying 2 chang someone else."
G
G
Just getting caught up with everyone. I hope your day went well today and you were able to get your spirits up. Crossing my fingers for the cookout tomorrow, too. I'm beat. Must get rest.

Me45 W35 M6 T8
D16 SD11 D0
Dec 07: Bomb
July 08: Busted!
Thread
S
OP Offline
S
G--

The day went well. I did not really get too much out of my funk. I could not shake a headache all day. The kids have been expecially trying and the heat was too high to send them outside. The little guy fell asleep for several hours, squelching the matinee movie, but he really needed the nap in order to prevent him being killed by his sisters!

Now, I know I mentioned in an earlier post, that when H calls to talk to the kids and we are not home, he never leaves a message. Apparently he decided to break that trend. The interesting thing is that if he leaves a message, I am the only one who would hear it, as the voicemail is from the phone company and I am the only one who knows the access code.

When he called this evening, none of the phones were in the family room and I had to go hunt one down. By the time I got to the phone, it had gone to voicemail. I saw who the missed call was, so I called right back to let him talk to the kids. After he talked to them all, he asked to talk to me. He mentione that he needed to call my sister to get directions to her house from his parents, since he had gone down there after he left here yesterday. I said that was fine, she should be home, and from his parents' house it is not too bad of a trip to her new place. I told him I would see him there, to have a good night, and bye. and hung up. I am getting better and better at the getting off the phone first thing, too.

About 20 minutes after I hung up, I picked the phone up to move it and noticed that the message alert was blinking. I called and checked the voice mail and it was H. He was leaving the message like he used to leave them in my cell when it was just for me--of course minus the ILY. Apparently, I called back in the middle of the message, cause it cut off when he clicked over to the call. I feel like a ridiculous teenager. Rather than delete the message, I have saved it. I am not sure why. Maybe so on the days that the alien is back I can listen to the nice guy.

I did go to the store for a few things. I treated myself to a new top. It is a pink and orange plaid peasant blouse with a low cut, square neckline. One button undone gives it a little oomph for coy sexuality! I wish I had a nice pair of white heeled sandals, but the black ones will have to do. No painted toes or fingers here, unless I have time after church tomorrow.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

G
G
If you are in a funk, you sound like you are handling it very well. Especially good you didn't let it poison your interaction with H. He is giving you some positive signs today, whether he knows it or will admit it or not. Keep up the PMA and I bet you're going to have a great day tomorrow (whether pod person comes or not).

BTW - you're not acting like a ridiculous teenager, you're just acting like someone who loves her H.

Me45 W35 M6 T8
D16 SD11 D0
Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: S.T. _I Made It!
Very glad to hear H accepted the party invite. don't worry about him turning your dinner down, he may also not want to burden you and I believe that the WAS will feel both like they won't take any offers from the LBS because 1 they feel guilty and don't want to "take" anything else from the LBS, and 2, they don't want to lead the LBS on, and 3, they are careful to keep their distance because of they thought they made the right choice, they are afraid of changing their minds.

yes, do look great and have fun and BE fun. no matter what H's mood is.

AHHHHH but then again, if they made the right choices, they would not have to worry about changing their minds--since it is the "right" choice. I think it happens sometimes because they are afraid they made the wrong choice and they do not want to face reality.

I plan on looking amazing. H will not know what hit him--which is usually the case anymore when he sees me. I am always pulled together, no matter when he sees me. Heck even when D5 was in the hospital, I took advantage of her nap and had enough cosmetics in my purse to pull myself together after sleeping in a hospital bed all night and sitting through her procedure.

I always have fun with my sister, so that will not be a problem, either.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: gForce
If you are in a funk, you sound like you are handling it very well. Especially good you didn't let it poison your interaction with H. He is giving you some positive signs today, whether he knows it or will admit it or not. Keep up the PMA and I bet you're going to have a great day tomorrow (whether pod person comes or not).

BTW - you're not acting like a ridiculous teenager, you're just acting like someone who loves her H.

G--

No I am getting really good at being the happy SMW when I am dealing with H. It is not too hard, since I am always happy to hear from him--I just wish he called to talk just to me once in a while. Oh well, in time, right?

I cannot even begin to explain how I feel about my husband. One of our mutual friends--someone who I met the same night I met H--said that she and some other friends knew we were meant for each other even before we did. She said there was an aura in the air, like missing puzzle pieces falling into place. AS she put it, "It was like your hearts said, oh there you are, like you were each the other half they had been looking for." It is stories like that, the cards and letters he wrote me, and even the little things I gave him that he has kept over the years, that keep me going when I start to get scared and lose faith. It is especially helpful when the pod person comes around.

Our zodiacs match us perfectly-- H is a Virgo, I am a Pisces. I just know, like Ali and Kalni told me, if I can make it through this year, everything will start to get better.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

G
G
Sept 6 - does that make me a Virgo too?

I'm not suggesting anything, just putting it out there.

Me45 W35 M6 T8
D16 SD11 D0
Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard